View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:31 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Static Defence Turrets 

Post Static Defence Turrets
I'm going to do this against my better judgement i know that this section is basically dead without a doubt but regardless..

gentlemen i give you ground to space guns or possibly similar to the coalition concepts defenses or that mod which has been deleted.

you may of notice something on the top of it that looks similar to a dropcrate and it is, i'd like it to be a pilotable vehicle if possible meaning that unless a actor is preset in the box that can mean anything from a crab to a brain it won't be able to function beyond being able to suck in a actor if selected in the pipemenu.

now as for the piemenu they would be two functions
- heavy door above the module that is slightly thicker than the standard door and is made entirely out of concrete and would only work if trigger by the gun while actor is preset in vehicle and would automatically close if your actor leaves the vehicle
- normal function of crate suck in things..

Sun May 11, 2014 9:02 pm

Post Re: Static Defence Turrets
Well, I have very little idea what you're asking for in the last part but if you want pilotable stuff, here's a script I made for the UNSC mod to make the turrets pilotable. I can't say it'll work with the most recent version of cc, I don't remember off the top of my head if the ai file structure has been changed and if it does you'll have to fiddle with this.

It's got a few things you probably don't need, breaking off guns to carry them around and such. Also, I think I fixed them all but there may be a few crashy things somewhere in there still.

It's also got a bit of auto ai stuff, so sentry mode actors will auto use turrets and maybe auto eject if the gun is dead.
If you or anyone else wants to use it, feel free to do so, just give credit :)

Notes: I've attached the lua file too in case you want to avoid the horrible 3 spaces, ruiner of tabbing. Also, you'll need two frames for a pie button called IconRepair. I nicked mine from unitec for testing, you can probably do the same.

Attachments:
TurretAI.lua [12.65 KiB]
Downloaded 321 times
Mon May 12, 2014 2:15 am

Awesome i honestly haven't got a clue how to use it but if you want i can put some sprites together for testing haven't done it in ages but its worth a shot.

Mon May 12, 2014 2:21 am

Sure, if you want. You'll have to do ini too though, since I don't touch that stuff.

Also, keep in mind I'm not doing much CC stuff at the moment so I won't be too fast or available for it, but it should be a pretty simple matter to tweak my script so it's useable for what you want. If you find someone who's more active at it than I am and wants to use my script as a base, that's completely fine too.

Mon May 12, 2014 2:50 am

Bad Boy wrote:
Sure, if you want. You'll have to do ini too though, since I don't touch that stuff.

Also, keep in mind I'm not doing much CC stuff at the moment so I won't be too fast or available for it, but it should be a pretty simple matter to tweak my script so it's useable for what you want. If you find someone who's more active at it than I am and wants to use my script as a base, that's completely fine too.

this is becoming a tomb forum but i'm sure someone will popup just the same, so I'll put together those sprites and see what happens.

Mon May 12, 2014 2:53 am
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]