View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:46 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Pleas Help With moding 

Post Pleas Help With moding
Hello Everyone, Today I'm asking for a-lot help With some things. I've been moding for 2 years now and I fond some errors That needed to be addressed. First Off Ill tell you what I'm modding. I'v started to make a B1 battledroid That my friends love a-lot and soon sometime I will release The trade federation.rte. Right now I only have B1s and commando droids. I hope In the future that I have Engineer doids B2s and final the Droidica (WITH SHIELDS)! Some problems with that are, Making shields and armor. Do not know how to add armor(pretty sad) or shields. When I add sound and I put under _ DeviceSwitch _ (mysound) In game the sound, the sound doesn't come up. The only thing I can do Is Find where the sounds are(in bace.rte/Sounds.ini) and Put my sound there, Then it works. How do I make the sound go somewhere else -like-(in trade federation.rte). My last thing I need to know Is How to make a wrist gun and how to make Ahuman Hold the gun in the right place. If you can help me with any of theas problems, that help would be much appreciated!

Also IF you can help me with making a Infecting Zombie Lua or actor, That would be awesome! Hopeful In the future I will create More factions like, Republic, the convent,zombies, space, and more planets, and finaly making a halo reach main menu-half way done with that. If you want me to add anything to the trade federation or add pic just lut me know and thank you if you can help me.

Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:22 am

Post Re: Pleas Help With moding
For an example of simple armor, take a look at the Coalition units' helmet and chestplate.

For the sounds though; They can be defined in two ways: sounds and samples.

The Device Switch sound is a "Sound" in the code, which means that it's a pre-defined collection of sound samples. You can instead do the simple approach and write "AddSample = ContentFile" and a reference to the sound file directory. I recommend finding an example of this first and copying it.

Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:33 pm

Post Re: Pleas Help With moding
thanks a lot I have final messed around with the zombie code and it works! Soon I will be posting a fully working zombie that infects about everything. Thanks for the armor tip I will check that out, Just need the wrist gun and the shield and I can really start doming. Thanks again for the help!

Fri Aug 29, 2014 2:02 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]