View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:46 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Need Custom Material Tutorial 

Post Need Custom Material Tutorial
Ok first off don't just point me to the stickied tutorials and stuff i read those and i can't get it. I need a very detailed tutorial on how to make a custom material for a scene. I need the material to show a texture. I need someone to help me out cuz i really want to get it done and i cant figure it out. If you guys can also point me to some maps that have custom materials that i can use a references that would help too.

Sun Jun 29, 2008 11:34 pm

Post Re: Need Custom Material Tutorial
The bottom of this post.

http://datarealms.com/forum/viewtopic.p ... 74#p202674

If you don't understand that, you aren't going to understand it. It is very complicated.

Mon Jun 30, 2008 12:41 am

What direction does the palette for choosing a color go. Left to right, top to bottom? Does the color in the material codes matter? What does using a non-palette'd image for the scene's .bmp mean? When I tried making custom materials all i got in game was the color I put in but not the texture i wanted. How do i fix this. Please explain to me all of this.

Mon Jun 30, 2008 1:12 am

Palette indexing goes in the same direction as reading a book. Top-left to bottom-right. Start at 0. Color in the material code just determines what color it appears ingame, unless you use a texture. A non-palette'd .bmp in scenemaking doesn't mean very much. It doesn't work the same as regular CC sprites. Your scene won't get all messed up if its .bmp isn't paletted.

Mon Jun 30, 2008 2:04 am

I may be wrong, but I think it does need to be palleted... I had to switch over from paint.net to graphics gale or gimp to get my scenes to work properly.

As for you fyher, there are some custom materials on "night forrest" (spelled incorrectly), which is also a good map, so dl it.

Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:09 am
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]