View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:34 pm

Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 I have an idea for a map, I need some help. 

Post I have an idea for a map, I need some help.
So a big map with two factions going at it, and one faction starts off holding a base. When the other faction takes the base their reinforcement's start coming there, and the defending team's reinforcements start spawning where the assaulting factions forces dropped.

So it would basically be like that forever (and when the base gets clogged/destroyed they just fight over the mound where it once was), but you can drop reinforcements anywhere you want. And the team you're attacking more is to consider you hostile and the other team considers you friendly.

I wouldn't be posting this if Lua wasn't around.

Sun Oct 05, 2008 12:35 am

Post Re: I have an idea for a map, I need some help.
there are only 2 teams available, so it's not possible to have the player character as a mercenary type player, but it definitely is possible for the player and another player, or the player and the computer to do what you are talking about. A king of the hill/assault map. It would be pretty cool.

The tricky part would be in telling the game who controls the base. You could do it a coupla ways-
one- you have a big area around the entire base and whoever has more guys in it is the defender.
Positive- easy to implement, fairly representative of who is in control
Negative- when defender has only 2 or 3 people left hiding in the bottom of the bunker he will most likely not be counted as defender, even though he is.
two- you have one small "control room" or something. I guess it could have a big screen or something. and you have to keep the most people in that room.
Positive- allows for the last man standing defense, would be cool to have a control room.
Negative- Only have to defend one point. Could make it less worth while to hold outer defenses and just put all your guys in the control room's area.

This would sure be cool though. Just have auto drops of guys, a few more on the attackers side, and then let 2 people duke it out over one base. This is a project I might like to work on... can't really lua it though, but I suppose I could try my luck at it.

Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:08 am
REAL AMERICAN HERO

Aspect: Why not both methods?

Divide the defending base into a series of "rooms". Each one has a tally of however many troops from each side are inside. If a room is "held" by attackers, they gain one point. Whoever has the most points out of the bunker's total (or just a majority) is considered to "hold" the base.

Sun Oct 05, 2008 4:10 pm

What happens if you change the team of a brain to team 3 via lua?

Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:15 pm
REAL AMERICAN HERO

Probably whichever team it was for would die.

Sun Oct 05, 2008 8:10 pm

More than likely you would get a console error. If it succeeds, everyone would shoot at the brain. I doubt the game automatically changes the actors teams to reflect the new team of their assigned controller.

Mon Oct 06, 2008 12:01 am
Profile WWW

There wouldn't be a brain, just invisible control zones

Mon Oct 06, 2008 12:35 am

That's a pretty good idea, hopefully Tim is working on my idea soon, but maybe I could edit up everything for that grif's idea... But I've got most of what I thought would be cool down already. Hopefully you don't mind I kinda stole your idea neoseeker? if it ever comes out you get some "idea cred" for the mod.

For grif's idea though I really would have to change up my map a bit, though it would be pretty tight.

I have a control room in my current version that is a remake of tim's map room, so it's pretty tight. I'm still working on a good image for it though, I don't wanna steal tim's map, but I can't think of what else to put in a control room...

Tue Oct 07, 2008 1:07 am

I really don't care, i don't think i'd get around to finishing a map with all the stuff that's been going on now.

But that could just die, either way you're free to use the concept, just do it right, don't ♥♥♥♥ it up.

Tue Oct 07, 2008 1:55 am

I do wish we could get alternate gametypes implemented into CC, probably more than anything. King of the hill, Base Assault, CTF especially.

Tue Oct 07, 2008 8:54 pm
Banned

LowestFormOfWit wrote:
King of the hill, Assault, CTF especially.
Play much Halo?

Tue Oct 07, 2008 8:56 pm

assault is a cs ripoff. In this game that's what we play on skirmish, just always on defense.

Tue Oct 07, 2008 10:44 pm

Assault/Invasion, CTF, and KotH are all things that were around well before Halo, Counterstrike, etc. So no, Halo has nothing to do with it.

I just think adding a few new gameplay options to CC would rock.

Tue Oct 07, 2008 10:55 pm
Banned

LowestFormOfWit wrote:
Assault/Invasion, CTF, and KotH are all things that were around well before Halo, Counterstrike, etc. So no, Halo has nothing to do with it.

I just think adding a few new gameplay options to CC would rock.
Then make them yourself. That was the point of Lua. Community-driven content. That, and so Data doesn't have to do it.

Either that, or go post in the Lua Scening thread and have LordTim do it, because he is a++ scripter.

Wed Oct 08, 2008 3:20 pm

don't be a ♥♥♥♥, he is allowed to ask other people to make stuff, especially considering it's related to the topic.
and just cause he wants it doesn't mean he has to make it himself.

Wed Oct 08, 2008 11:45 pm
Reply to topic   [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next