View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:32 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 No Terrain Problem 

Post No Terrain Problem
This is my second map, trying a couple of new things like custom materials. Unfortunately when I load it there is no terrain. I've tried removing everything but the bare essentials from the .ini file and I still have the problem which leads me to believe it's the .bmp file. Could someone take a look at it please?

The snow should be in palette, but I know it isn't at fault since I've trying removing that line from .ini and recoloring it to topsoil

Thu Jan 01, 2009 7:22 pm

Post Re: No Terrain Problem
Please tell me you read my post.
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=12442

Sat Jan 03, 2009 5:45 pm

I have read that post, but I didn't think it applied since I've been using paint. I have tried copying the whole image and pasting into an image that works and saving, but it has no effect. Pasting into the palette in base.rte and saving has no effect.

Sun Jan 04, 2009 11:18 am

You're saving it back to its original location and not overwriting the palette, right?
It should work. Perfectly I might add. The only method with a previously mentioned difficulty if the Paint.NET method. TrouserDemon made an MS paint method, so use that and do it right. It should have no problems whatsoever. Please post screenshots of what it looks like and I can tell you if palettes are your problem or not.

Mon Jan 05, 2009 2:35 pm

Yes, I'm saving in it's rte folder :). I really am sure it's in palette, I've used the pick color tool with all the colors, and made sure they are all in the palette (Just in case the pasting into palette.bmp is being weird).

I also appreciate you helping, I know scene making isn't the most popular section.

Screen shots...

Mon Jan 05, 2009 9:10 pm

I took a look at the code. Try changing InstanceName to PresetName.
Also, take a look at Azukki's templates.

Mon Jan 05, 2009 9:35 pm

Ultric wrote:
I took a look at the code. Try changing InstanceName to PresetName.

Didn't do anything as far as I could tell...

Ultric wrote:
Also, take a look at Azukki's templates.

That's it! Comparing the .ini file to one that works (which I could have sworn I did before making the first post) showed a difference. Looks like ScrollRatio = Vector is a necessary code line! Of course I'm never lucky enough to solve a problem without getting a replacement. (At the risk of going off topic) I have the same problem as this: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=12659 I'm saving as a 256 colour bitmap and I've tried pasting into grasslands.

Edit: I've removed the custom materials lines from .ini and repainted that colour in the .bmp to topsoil. No difference

Tue Jan 06, 2009 10:24 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]