View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:51 pm

Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Landing Zone 

Post Re: Landing Zone
I've done that much. LZ Team 2 is almost flush with the ground. Nothing's appearing though. It's just a bit annoying. It'd be great if this thing could work. :3

There's really no information about the Area Editor on the wiki. And I don't know what any of the commands for areas or anything could do.

Sat Apr 25, 2009 2:49 am

The scene works perfectly fine if you place your brain any other place but the sides. Weird. And I still have no luck with the area editor.

Sat Apr 25, 2009 3:41 am

Still no luck at all, unfortunately. Might need to figure out how to LUA it and make it an actual mission to get the parameters to work right.

Mon Apr 27, 2009 3:52 am

Lua is a proper noun, not an acronym. No need to capitalize all the letters, unless you yelling "LUA!!"
The code for landing zones is actually really easy, all the stuff you need could be copied directly from zombiemission.lua if I remember correctly.
Basically what you do is whenever a guy enters the scene, you move his x coordinate to a random point in the landing zone.
I don't remember exactly how it ensures that it only happens to dropships entering the level...

Mon Apr 27, 2009 4:27 am

Hmm. The issue with that is, well, I'm terrible at codemonkeying things. What's a nice way to ask someone to work on that? Considering the nature of the map I think it'd be an excellent idea to have a working Lua script for some kind of zombie invasion or landing zone thing. Maybe set it up so zombies are 'emitted' like on the zombiecave map, which would unfortunately lock them into coming out of midair but... hey. whatever works. The other unfortunate thing would be that if you were to blow the bridge, you'd, well, not have any more zombie problems. >.>

Mon May 04, 2009 8:08 am
Reply to topic   [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2