View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:25 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ] 
 Upcoming bunker modues, slowly but surely. 

Post Upcoming bunker modues, slowly but surely.
Hay guise I herd u haet brain-deth.

--EDIT-- See the last post. [/edit]

But seriously, I know theres currently a problem with bunkers being to weak at the moment, with diggers being stronger, the AI stepping on each other and pushing each other through bunkermods. SOOOoooo, I've decided to sort of fix it.

A while ago I released a mod called "Tradestar: Conscripted" which had the basis of extradimensional space pirate demon undead things, showing up, and taking over random tradestar ships and factories. It was honestly just a way to make unrelated weapons that are all fun to play, and have nothing to do with each other. but to cut a long-story short i'm updating it.

How does this tie together? I'm including BUNKER MODULES OF COURSE!

At the moment all i'm doing is in bulk, taking the basic hall/turn/end-cap bunker module things and making basic edits of them, by doubling up there re-enforcement, so that bunkers can be stronger, BUT I am taking Requests for other bunker modules to make, be it a specific existing one to also be re-enforced, or a new one that you'd like to see. Originally I was planning on making it also look rusty, but decided that would be to much work to make 13+ bunker modules to all fit together, 100% from scratch, with different colors. My goal is to make them look like they belong in CC anyway.

I'm also planing on making 3 small empty scenes, but don't know how I want them to look, SO i'm taking requests, and comments.

First of all, what kind of bunker modules do you guys want (other than the basics)
Second what kind of empty scenes do we lack (Keeping them small because I want to be able to use them)

and 3rd what do you guys think of what I've already done, I did this in the past hour or so.
Attachment:
BunkCap.PNG
BunkCap.PNG [ 60.88 KiB | Viewed 7999 times ]

I haven't done anything but the ends so far, but whatever.

--EDIT

Does anyone know why sometimes bunker modules have dark purple for showing the background and others its an ugly brown?

Last edited by Miles_T3hR4t on Fri May 22, 2009 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu May 21, 2009 7:07 pm
Profile YIM WWW

Post Re: Upcoming bunker modues, taking requests
don't those modules already exist? I'm kinda confused... :sad:

Thu May 21, 2009 7:10 pm
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

Make some prebuildt bunker parts too, like a sniper tower and a small base.

Thu May 21, 2009 7:12 pm

cambiogris wrote:
don't those modules already exist? I'm kinda confused... :sad:

sort of, what I'm doing is taking the existing ones, and doubling up the layers of metal, open it and look at the support-structure things, and open base.rte, you'll see its not really much i'm doing, its just something that I felt needed done.
Lizard wrote:
Make some prebuildt bunker parts too, like a sniper tower and a small base.

I planned on it, including 100% finished small bases, didn't plan on sniper towers, so i'll add it to the list.

Thu May 21, 2009 7:21 pm
Profile YIM WWW

- Pillbox with little ADoor hatch.

- Prebuilt tunnel network with defense points above and below.

- Sandbags.

Thu May 21, 2009 9:38 pm

A brain room that is not facing left.

Thu May 21, 2009 9:46 pm
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

metal chao wrote:

Seconded! Also bunker modules tall enough to run a dropship through.

Thu May 21, 2009 9:55 pm

Location: In between your sister's legs, showing her how to use a... PS3 controller!
Check 2x size bunker modules.

Thu May 21, 2009 9:57 pm

Flammablezombie wrote:
Check 2x size bunker modules.

thats easy, I'd only need to make 8-9 parts, top bottom left and right, that fit together, and corners/intersections (top and bottom for 2x horizontal, top and left + corner for double-size corners, etc)
Or did you mean double thickness walls as well cause I'm not going quite *that* far.
metal chao wrote:

actually, let me fix that
metal chao wrote:
2 Brain rooms that face left or right, that match and line up to all the other modules.

I planned on a left and right facing closed one, a brain 'core' that could go anywhere, and a bunker module thats supposed to look like it fell out of the sky, and had the bunker built around it, that faces on several directions.

Lizard wrote:
metal chao wrote:

Seconded! Also bunker modules tall enough to run a dropship through.

I dont think you can run dropships through, that would require I made bunker modules with pinned AEmitters or something else that would hurt dropships, but they would all lag, especially on my machine. that part I can't do.

Thoughtprocess wrote:
- Pillbox with little ADoor hatch.

- Prebuilt tunnel network with defense points above and below.

- Sandbags.

A Pillbox? thats actually a pretty good idea... I think I will, I'll even make it look like terrain on top!

Sandbags?.... I dont see the point. just as like barricade sandbags? I can make a barricade if you like, but no sandbags, I think there ugly and lazy.

Pre-build tunnel networks? I planned on doing little mini-bases that could be put wherever, and you could always just connect them with the existing bunker parts. I plan to make all of it, 100% modular, to fit with eachother, and all vanilla content (that fits within itself) flawlessly. My goal is that you won't be able to tell the difference between core content and mine, as far as bunker mods are concerned. so yes, planned on it.

If you have any suggestions, build one with all the existing parts, take a screencap of it, and post it here, I will look at it and make it, if I like it. I'll add your names to any specific prefab bases you suggest.*

*they will be a comment in the actual bunker module, and in the description for the piece if I can add a description to bunkermods. I will also include a 'bunker mods contributed by X with names and who suggested what. but that is all.

If you have any further suggestions they are appreciated. I also plan on making some non-base terrain features (like a smaller crater, more rocks, fossils, pre-crashed ships, etc) If you have any suggestions for those as well, please do so.

Thu May 21, 2009 10:27 pm
Profile YIM WWW

I know you say you want it to fit perfectly with vanilla content, but I think it would be cool to have some different types of backgrounds. I am getting really tired of the same old things that we have now.

Fri May 22, 2009 2:43 am

Aspect wrote:
I know you say you want it to fit perfectly with vanilla content, but I think it would be cool to have some different types of backgrounds. I am getting really tired of the same old things that we have now.

I know what you mean, but I entirely suck at making stuff like that in detail. I'll try to make some empty space tiles so you can make it look nice, but other than that, I got nothing.

---edit

Slowly but surely.
Attachment:
BunkCap.PNG
BunkCap.PNG [ 390.37 KiB | Viewed 7969 times ]

I should have all the basic tunnels finished by tonight, I'm NOT doing stairs, loose blocks, or the 4X1/1X4 blocks, because i'd have to triple-enforce them, or make them from scratch. I will probably scratch-make a new one, but there not being directly converted.

Once I finish the tunnels I'm gonna get to work on the double-sized tunnels.

Fri May 22, 2009 3:57 am
Profile YIM WWW

Post Re: Upcoming bunker modues, slowly but surely.
Here is what i think should be in this module package:

>landing pad.

>left and right opening hangar.

>highly reinforced brain vault

>revamped rocket silo? (I can't get a rocket in and outta there!) :-(

Thu Oct 29, 2009 4:46 am
A HUMAN BRAIN, SAFELY INSULATED FROM THE TERRORS OF HYPERSPACE

Location: Somewhere beyond the endless sea of hyperspace, fighting for your right to call a planet home.
Post Re: Upcoming bunker modues, slowly but surely.
Locked for a 7 month necro. If this needs to be unlocked for any particular reason please PM me and let me know.

Thu Oct 29, 2009 7:14 am
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 13 posts ]