View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:21 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 EDIT: Map Names and B24 

Post EDIT: Map Names and B24
EDIT: Apparently, certain map names won't work with the game. Just keep renaming your maps until they show up, it works!

For example, the game won't let me make any maps with the word "test" in it. But if I rename it to something like "q", it works!

--------------------------------------

I'm trying to convert some maps I made in a private mod of mine from B23 to B24. I've tried everything suggested on this forum. I've gone into all the .inis and added LZ areas, but it didn't work. I even tried going into the games built-in area editor and adding all the areas in that, but it doesn't work either. I've added all the P1ResidentBrain crap, but nothing works. I've tried directly copying an existing scenes .ini and putting it into my mod and changing the SLITerrain to the terrains my scenes use, but it doesn't work. I have even tried making my own skirmish activity to make them show up when the skirmish activity is selected. The skirmish activity works fine, but the maps still don't show up.

I've looked at the Forerunner map in the Map Releases area of the forum and downloaded it to see how he converted his map to B24. I was expecting a bunch of special .lua's and a skirmish activity, but all that was in it was an Index.ini and a Scenes.ini. I tested it, and it works fine in B24. So I tried using the .ini in my mod and changed the terrain, and nothing else, to see if it would work. No dice.

The new game modes are cool and all, but this new system is abysmal. Not only is it hard to find a map on the planet, if MP3 ever gets converted, it will be even harder with all the clutter. Eventually there will not be any more room left on the planet for more maps (not literally), and people will have to move their maps into space. The old system was much better than this. You just opened a drop-down menu and scrolled through a list of map names until you found the one you wanted. With this one, you have to move your mouse over a bunch of yellow orbs scattered around your screen to see which map is which until you find the one you want.

This is a list of all the .ini code I have added to my maps in an attempt to get maps to work :
Code:
OwnedByTeam = -1
RoundIncome = 0
P1ResidentBrain = None
P2ResidentBrain = None
P3ResidentBrain = None
P4ResidentBrain = None
P1BuildBudget = 0
P2BuildBudget = 0
P3BuildBudget = 0
P4BuildBudget = 0
   AddArea = Area
      AddBox = Box
         Corner = Vector
            X = 2
            Y = 967
         Width = 836
         Height = 300
      Name = LZ Team 1
   AddArea = Area
      AddBox = Box
         Corner = Vector
            X = 840
            Y = 969
         Width = 912
         Height = 300
      Name = LZ Team 2
   AddArea = Area
      AddBox = Box
         Corner = Vector
            X = 1748
            Y = 935
         Width = 1072
         Height = 340
      Name = LZ Team 3
   AddArea = Area
      AddBox = Box
         Corner = Vector
            X = 2824
            Y = 867
         Width = 1188
         Height = 404
      Name = LZ Team 4
   AddArea = Area
      AddBox = Box
         Corner = Vector
            X = 4024
            Y = 887
         Width = 2488
         Height = 388
      AddBox = Box
         Corner = Vector
            X = 1504
            Y = 879
         Width = 2496
         Height = 416
      AddBox = Box
         Corner = Vector
            X = 3980
            Y = 871
         Width = 44
         Height = 420
      Name = LZ All

Is there anything I am missing? Obviously, I'm doing something wrong, because my maps fail to show up.

Last edited by Laraso on Sat Dec 18, 2010 3:40 am, edited 2 times in total.

Sat Dec 18, 2010 12:31 am

Post Re: Converting to B24... UGH
What about the 'LocationOnPlanet'? Have you given your map coordinates where it should show on the world screen?
Also try to add a 'Description'. Perhaps it needs one too. I dunno. Worth to try.

Sat Dec 18, 2010 2:22 am

Gotcha! wrote:
What about the 'LocationOnPlanet'? Have you given your map coordinates where it should show on the world screen?
Also try to add a 'Description'. Perhaps it needs one too. I dunno. Worth to try.

They have those already.

Also, how did you get yours to work Nonsequitorian?

Sat Dec 18, 2010 2:50 am

Nonsequitorian wrote:
I basically copied the lz's from the vanilla maps, and it worked. Actually, it didn't really, since the grass isn't there and I can't use the one without the bunker.

Care to elaborate? I understood your first sentence, but the second one didn't make any sense at all.

Sat Dec 18, 2010 3:08 am

WTF, I just tested something... I tried putting the Scenes.ini from the Forerunner.rte into my .rte and I told my index to include it, and it worked. Then I changed the name of the map from Forerunner to Test Level (the name of one of my maps), and then it stopped working. So I changed it from Test Level to Q, and it started working! Then I changed it from Q to TestLevel and it stopped working again. WTF!?!?!?

Sat Dec 18, 2010 3:21 am

Nonsequitorian wrote:
Err, I'm sorry, I was converting an older map called Servus Viri, only the map with the prebuilt base works, the other doesn't.

Oh. Well, I just found out that certain map names won't work. I renamed all my maps and now they work! You should try renaming yours until it works.

Also, you don't seem to need to have to have a description.

Sat Dec 18, 2010 3:36 am
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]