View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:45 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 I am an idiot, and I can prove it. 

Post I am an idiot, and I can prove it.
I am having trouble getting a scene into the game. It may have something to do with how I've set up the ini files for the scene. After two or three days of pouring over the forums i though i had a handle on things, but i think i may be wrong, and i was wondering if i could get some advice. (i think that the discrepancy may be that the posts i read about building scenes were centered around b23, and im running 24, but maybe not)

attached is the errors i got when i tried to run it, as well as the actual scene. im running a mac, so i wonder if the folder i named SmallMap.rte just didn't end up as an actual rte folder.

i also am curious if there is anyway to draw out my scene, then load it in the scene editor to add a permanent bunker, and then load it into the area editor to add the areas. will i have to do this by hand in the ini?

any help would be appreciated.

error 1:
Attachment:
File comment: this is the first error, i get two just like it right after one another,
Picture 1.png
Picture 1.png [ 37.37 KiB | Viewed 5226 times ]

error 2:
Attachment:
File comment: this is the error i get before CC crashes
Picture 2.png
Picture 2.png [ 35.65 KiB | Viewed 5226 times ]

rte:
Attachment:
File comment: this is the rte i put into the resources folder. the map shows up on the world view, but when i click start it bottoms out.
SmallMap.rte.zip [178.24 KiB]
Downloaded 303 times

Mon Dec 20, 2010 5:09 am

Post Re: I am an idiot, and I can prove it.
Your terrain file was using the wrong colours, like the transparent part was meant to be 255,0,255 it was 209,68,238. It's going to be a while until I can upload it, Someone using the same connection is playing online games, don't want to get them kicked.

Last edited by helifreak on Mon Dec 20, 2010 5:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Dec 20, 2010 5:24 am

Damn, I wondered if that was it. I saw all the neat palettes that people uploaded, and I used one of them that was saved as a bmp and not a jpeg, but i think i may have done it wrong. I used the application Paint Brush, on the mac.

Thank you! i will use one of the existing maps to do it right this time i reckon.

Edit!

Is there anywhere I can find a list of the actual values for the terrain colors? Whenever I use a file from the forums to pick the colors for sand, dirt, etc, the colors are wrong. I have found three keys on the forums and when testing the colors, transparent all come up as slightly off from 255,0,255. i just assume the rest are all off too.

thanks again

Mon Dec 20, 2010 5:28 am

New post since then it will be easier to notice or something like that.
Attachment:
SmallMap.rar [133.78 KiB]
Downloaded 319 times

Mon Dec 20, 2010 8:12 am

YOU CANNOT USE PAINTBRUSH FOR MAKING SCENES AFAIK, though as I'm working from limited experience I may be wrong. Get GIMP either way, it's much more useful and we have tutorials available for its use.

Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:35 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]