View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:23 am

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
 Build Mode 

Post Build Mode
I opened up Grassy Plains 1 and added some modules then saved under a different name. I went to the scene's .ini file and changed the coordinates and went back into the game to test it out on skirmish defense.

It works perfectly fine, EXCEPT, it goes straight into the game. I can't build or place units as I normally would before I start a scenario. What can I do to enable this, and what should I know about the .ini file that can help with this?

I even tweaked P1BuildBudget and got same results :x . Any help would be much appreciated. :)

Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:01 am

Post Re: Build Mode
if i remmbure correctly Grass Plains was a Flat Grass Map That was in B23 that was Removed? if you've restored it i'm very thankful.

Also Pictures Would be Nice.

Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:27 am

Wait... What the- Can you read English? Or did you just not understand anything that I posted one bit? And what the heck? Grass plains is one of the default scenes that have been around forever... Sheesh, you should try reading it over again SLOWLY. I was requesting help, not showcasing any work :???:
Sims_Doc wrote:
if i remmbure correctly Grass Plains was a Flat Grass Map That was in B23 that was Removed? if you've restored it i'm very thankful.

Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:21 am

Remove the brain, if you placed one. If not, idk.

Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:25 am

Can't you choose a random terrain and just open the terrain image, and edit that? Isn't it possible to make a flatmap that way, so you don't have that problem?

Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:30 am

Like Kettenkrad said, there has to be a brain placed somewhere. :???:
If not, I'd love to get my hands on your edited map to find the problem.

Also, don't pay attention to Sims_Doc. I am sure he means well, but I've seen chickens clucking with their mouths full of corn and still made more sense.
Sims_Doc, I really don't mean to be offensive, but, my gawd man... :roll:

Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:41 pm

Megaloptus wrote:
Wait... What the- Can you read English? Or did you just not understand anything that I posted one bit? And what the heck? Grass plains is one of the default scenes that have been around forever... Sheesh, you should try reading it over again SLOWLY. I was requesting help, not showcasing any work :???:
Sims_Doc wrote:

Hmm, You may need to look into your Post Mainly Because the Map isn't there or i wouldn't of Said it.

Thu Oct 27, 2011 5:59 am

Sims_Doc wrote:
Megaloptus wrote:
Sims_Doc wrote:

Hmm, You may need to look into your Post Mainly Because the Map isn't there or i wouldn't of Said it.

What? Grass Plains 1 is in B26, not sure what build you are playing but it sure isn't the latest one, or B24 or B25.

Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:15 am

helifreak wrote:
What? Grass Plains 1 is in B26, not sure what build you are playing but it sure isn't the latest one, or B24 or B25.
[image]

Thats a Different Map. Same Name but not in the Cards.

Please don't quote pyramid and imagequote, thanks -Duh

Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:30 am

@Sims_Doc: That is the map Megaloptus meant. Now stop being a (&$@^(^&@$. Gawd. :x

Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:36 pm

Seriously? What are you even talking about? Not a lick of that even remotely makes sense. I think you are in the wrong forum and have completely no idea what Cortex Command even is. :roll:

Sat Oct 29, 2011 3:36 am

What you mean is:
Quote:
"I went into the scene editor and placed some modules then saved under a different name."

If so, you may have placed a brain unit (anything in the category 'brains' or the 'brain bunker'), if you did just delete it and it should go to edit mode before you start the game.

Another thing, does it work normally with other missions?

Edit
Ok, so I'm a month late. Crap, oh well, I hope I helped a little anyway..

Mon Nov 14, 2011 6:46 am
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]