View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:22 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Actor direction 

Post Actor direction
I was working on a couple of maps, each with a simple objective of killing a brain hidden deep inside the enemy, mostly coalition, base. Now, my problem is with placing actors in the scene editor.

I want some of them to look right and some of them to look left, but the editor seems to have been designed to be annoying by not letting me just set their HFlipped variable easily.

Is there any faster way to do it than using, say, Imperatus robots whenever I want them to look right and Coalition soldiers whenever I want them to look left, then setting their HFlipped variable from inside the .ini file and turning them into the desired actor at the end?

Having to do it every time I want to move a tiny box ten centimetres to the left starts to get a tad annoying.

EDIT: I decided to use a lua coded entity that replaces itself with the desired actor with HFlipped set the way it should be at the beginning of the game. I'm still interested if there are any simpler ways though.

Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:21 pm

Post Re: Actor direction
If you click down and hold you will go into a 'precise mode' of placing objects. While holding down when placing an actor, drag them to the left or right and they will face the direction you last dragged.

Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:35 pm

Well, the thing is they never seem to stay the way I put them. They seem to rotate in a random direction in the editor wherever they feel like it, even after being put there in the precise mode.

EDIT: Or nevermind, for some reason I never got it right before.

Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:38 pm

Only In-game way there is I believe.

Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:58 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]