View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:33 am

Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Monster Hunter Freedom Unite! 

Post Re: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite!
Shard wrote:
Kyred wrote:
I played the original Monster Hunter on my PS2. Was okay, but had a lot more potential to be better (it's like they cut production early or something). How good are the PSP versions?

In MHFU you can bring a Felyne comrade to follow you around on a quest to help fight monsters and gather items. More monster, maps, items, equipment, and a new village.

They have made it much easier for a solo player since the first monster hunter. They've changed a whole bunch of things to streamline the game such as being able to craft weapons and armour using items from your storage instead of having to put the items in your inventory.

They added a farm which is very useful for gathering materials between quests, you earn points as you play the game that you can use to upgrade the farm with more mining points, fishing spots etc.

There's a few new weapon types to play with now too.

Fri Aug 07, 2009 4:20 pm

I'm trying to get online, and so far i've found that I need a Datel Wifi Max or an Xlink kai. Which is better?
EDIT: I forgot to say i've already found how to set it up, I just want to know which of the two are better.

Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:27 pm

capnbubs wrote:
I beat a Fatalis with my friend in HR6 the other day. Now I'm trying to beat the Nargacuga in the Nekote quests, it's a nippy bugger.

Ohhhh man, a Fatalis. What I'd give to see one of those nasty beasts. A tip for the Narga, he's pretty similar to Tigrex and he likes to pounce around from what I've seen in a few videos on youtube.

Also I'd just like to say that getting an Eager Cleaver is annoying (I do not get along well with Khezus).

@Shard, well I'd probably say Xlink Kai but try both if you want.

Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:34 pm

WorldOfGooCorp wrote:
capnbubs wrote:
I beat a Fatalis with my friend in HR6 the other day. Now I'm trying to beat the Nargacuga in the Nekote quests, it's a nippy bugger.

Ohhhh man, a Fatalis. What I'd give to see one of those nasty beasts. A tip for the Narga, he's pretty similar to Tigrex and he likes to pounce around from what I've seen in a few videos on youtube.

Also I'd just like to say that getting an Eager Cleaver is annoying (I do not get along well with Khezus).

@Shard, well I'd probably say Xlink Kai but try both if you want.

Narga is pretty different to the Tigrex actually, he just stands in the same posture. All his attacks are crazy pounces and stuff.

My personal preference for fighting the Khezu is to use a long sword and use a hit and run technique, a couple hits and then the jump backwards attack. Mostly keeps you out of the way of the body shock thing it does.

Otherwise getting yourself the SnS Corona could help killing the white khezu, just wait till he does the forward shock thing then attack his leg and roll away before he starts his next move. Doing two attacks then the spin attack seems to knock him over quite a lot.

Failing both of those go for the Kut-Ku bow and kill him with that, it takes longer but it's much safer.

If you can get some, armour with the Earplug skill helps a lot too.

Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:42 pm

@WOGC: I'll try Xlink kai.

The Narga wasn't as hard as I thought it was, especially when I found out that it stays in pitfall traps 2x longer than all the other monsters. Even though it only works when it's in rage mode.
I died against the Fatalis but this time I might win, I made Seigmund and i'm now going off to fight it.

EDIT: Didn't have the quest so I had to do all of the training school quests so it would appear, and i'm now stuck against the Kirin training. I'm not skilled in any of the available weapons, though i'm getting somewhere with the hammer.

EDIT2: It took me a VERY long time to kill the Fatalis, but I finally got him at the 7th time I went, just checked the mission log, it was at the 3rd time he died. :???:

Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:55 pm
Reply to topic   [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2