View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:42 am

Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Let's Play! (X-COM: UFO Defense) 

Post Re: Let's Play! (X-COM: UFO Defense)
PLAY BEGINNER THEN FAGMUNCHER.
Again name a recruit ISAAC WOLFGANG SEXMALLET

Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:37 pm

I see how it is, too good to name a soldier after me eh?

Fri Aug 14, 2009 4:19 pm
Profile WWW

Restarted DRL PRIMARY on beginner because I am terrible at this game.

We've started research on laser-based arms, and shot down two UFOs, one was completely destroyed, the other went down in Mexico, where Skyranger 1 and a handful of rookies were sent to deal with it. Sexmallet and Kultra were in the back of the ship for some reason, and Hans Shultz took all the glory, gunning down an alien right as the hatch opened, the shooting the second by firing in one window, out another, and into the xenos' head.

Note : I will not name a rookie after they rank up, if you get a named guy, it will be right when I recruit him. I ordered six new rookies, hopefully they will have better stats than the ones I started with.

Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:47 pm
Loose Canon

Awww. I was a sergeant. Well, maybe I'll rank up again. At least this time we all have a lesser chance of dying.

Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:50 pm
Profile WWW

Second mission was a downed craft in California or something. I can't remember. Hans made Captain without even exiting the Skyranger. Lost a couple rookies, one of whom would have been nice to keep; reaction-fired a sectoid with a heavy cannon. Kalle didn't manage to do anything, since all the aliens got killed before he reached the action.

Third mission, also a downed craft in Mexico. Never knew Mexico had pyramids. Kallemort failed miserably at autofire three times. Donald had to save his ass once, the other time Kalle snap-shotted the sectoid in the face.

Only one rookie died, breaching the UFO. He wasn't sure how to use the new laser pistols or something.

Scouting out the southern end of the map revealed nothing, Kalle and Captain Shultz turn around to go help breach the UFO as see a goddamn sectoid sitting UNDERNEATH THE SKYRANGER. Captain shot it since Kalle had no TU's. Shigeru Ishi cleared the UFO and got promoted to Sergeant along with Kalle and Mariko Fujimoto, who apparently shot an alien at some point.

Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:08 pm

Mission 4 went poorly.

Terror Mission in Dallas.

Kalle and Donald took the southern route with a few supporting troops, while the rest of the team cut straight across. We started the battle by downing a Cyberdisc with laser pistol fire. After that, everything slowed down, we advanced cautiosly, while the aliens slaughtered most of the civiliansthen the Psi-attacks started, panicking all sort of people (Kultra panicked for most of the mission, and the Captain did for a while).

Three people got mind controlled, Kultra, Uta somethingorother, and some other person. The person who I can't remember the name of shot Krumbs in the face, panicked the Captain into shooting Kultra in the leg, and shot an epic rookie (this guy took down a cyberdisc on his own at close range without dying). Epic rookie then got killed by another cyberdisc dying (even farther away, the explosion made no sense).

Kultra will be recovering from his severe gunshot wound for 26 days.

@ Krumbs: It was pretty lame, and I think the random massive explosion might have killed you even if the random rookie hadn't. You were only over there because it was down to the last few aliens and everyone that was already there was panicking, or had died to reaction fire. I had you hiding behind a wall where no alien could reach you, then the mind control switched from Kultra, who had no guns anyway, to the other guy.

Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:23 pm

Oh jeez, oh man :roll:

Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:41 pm
Profile WWW

Mission Five went off pretty much as smoothly as could be wanted, except the part where a new rookie who had proven that he knew how to use a laser pistol got shot in the leg and is now in the recovery ward for just over a week.

Kallemort finally got a laser rifle, and used it to effect at decent range.
Donald point-blanked a sectoid with his heavy cannon as it tried to exit the UFO.
Captain Hans provided cover to EVERYONE (farm location in the Midwest, he hung out around fences for cover in the middle of the map).
Nobody else got out of the Skyranger except a few rookies.

Also: Wat? I haven't been anywhere but North America.

Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:55 pm
Loose Canon

MY LEG. :bs:
Maybe it says local incursions because you've only dealt with incursions in the US, which is local for YOU. Ehh, who cares. More money=Bigger guns. Also, why wasn't I dealt a weapon?

Sat Aug 15, 2009 3:05 am
Profile WWW

You dropped all your guns during your panic attacks.

Sat Aug 15, 2009 4:12 am
Loose Canon

Alenth Eneil wrote:
You dropped all your guns during your panic attacks.

Oh. Good to know you aren't underequiping your men. Not so good to know I'm a wuss.

Sat Aug 15, 2009 4:45 am
Profile WWW

Next time you need a replacement trooper, feel free to use Todd Zircher. I have a preference for high accuracy and low speed (aka a sniper) if the rolls favor that.

Of course, long time X-Com fan. If I had the skills, I'd consider working on an X-Com mod for CC.

Alenth Eneil wrote:
Also: Wat? I haven't been anywhere but North America.

Well, someone is buying your surplus alien tech that you may be selling. Perhaps that causes a positive trend.
--
TAZ

Sat Aug 15, 2009 6:04 am

As far as CC mods go, I think the best would be to get all the weapons/whatever you can't find in vanilla made, and treat clones as XCOM troops. Then make a heavily scripted scene/actor combo for a Chrysallid/Cyberdisc/Floater/Sectoid/Muton terror mission or UFO raid.

Done properly it could be horrifically difficult, just like XCOM.

I've been playing my old Beginner difficulty save. I beat a night chrysallid terror mission with only 7/14 guys dying. Gogo rookieswarms.

Sat Aug 15, 2009 8:01 am

Alenth Eneil wrote:
As far as CC mods go, I think the best would be to get all the weapons/whatever you can't find in vanilla made, and treat clones as XCOM troops. Then make a heavily scripted scene/actor combo for a Chrysallid/Cyberdisc/Floater/Sectoid/Muton terror mission or UFO raid.

I've actually gathered up a fair collections of images and sound effects. But, I have not converted them into anything that CC can use. I know that someone else has done a few x-com weapons.

Quote:
I've been playing my old Beginner difficulty save. I beat a night chrysallid terror mission with only 7/14 guys dying. Gogo rookieswarms.

Man, you've got me itching to fire up X-Com again.
--
TAZ

Sat Aug 15, 2009 4:57 pm

Hi,

Alenth Eneil wrote:

Would be just excellent! =)

Someone wondered how to pass the saved games, they're just text files in the .../Game_1 directory (all the files in this directory correspond to one saved game).

Well good luck to beat ufo,

bye.

Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:19 am
Reply to topic   [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next