View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 10, 2024 5:40 pm

Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Let's Play! (X-COM: UFO Defense) 

Post Let's Play! (X-COM: UFO Defense)

It doesn't matter if you have no idea how this game works; I myself have never played longer than about 3 months of game-time.
It doesn't matter if all you want is for me to name a rookie after you so you can receive updates on your horrible career fighting xeno scum.
All that matters is that we have 10 bravery, and there are a lot of goddamn aliens out there.

First off:
I'm actually not sure this will work my install is sort of messy right now and I have no idea if the bug that forces all games to Beginner is still in place.
Even on beginner people still die horrible deaths though.

If you guys really want/if I can find out how to move save files we could totally pass the save around and do some sort of succession with this too.

Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:03 pm
Loose Canon

Post Re: Let's Play! (X-COM: UFO Defense)
Alenth Eneil wrote:
It doesn't matter if all you want is for me to name a rookie after you so you can receive updates on your horrible career fighting xeno scum.

Do this if you can. :grin: I wan't to see how many aliens I can kill before I die. 1? 1/2? maybe if I'm lucky I'll shoot an arm off.

Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:33 pm
Profile WWW

Name one after my real name, ISAAC WOLFGANG SEXMALLET
Oh also THE third HIGHEST DIFFICULTY

Oh also I didn't know you were into that furry lackadaisy stuff like I was about a month ago and still like to check sometimes

Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:50 pm

The ClamV2 wrote:
Oh also I didn't know you were into that furry lackadaisy stuff

who me

Also playing this right now my base is getting attacked oh god

Recruits only, with several autocannons and too much ammo. Hoping to pick up a few heavy plasmas before I get overwhelmed by Reapers and Floaters.

<Alenth> kalle please edit your post to suggest a difficulty/starting location/whatever for the LP

ok uh north america, canadian border. Difficulty, hardest of course.

Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:27 pm

Guys, I need you to post with a difficulty recommendation and a location for our starting base.

So far we have one vote for Veteran and one for Superhuman. I've only ever played on Beginner really, but I have learned a lot from more experienced players about TACTICS and stuff.
We have one vote for starting in North America, near Canada.

Once we get started, I'll name some choice recruits after those of you that ask, and you can also request what sort of weapon(s) you want to carry, provided I can afford them. Please only suggest stuff that is currently available. You guys will also be voting on what research to do, when and where to make more bases, stuff like that. I'm just commanding the battles and relaying the information of how many rookies died horrible deaths.

Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:12 pm

To refine my statement, any difficulty is fine, but the base must be near the US-Canada border or alternatively in Germany.

Name my recruit Kalle, and give him the best rifle you happen to have. So laser until we get heavy plasma I guess.

Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:29 pm

Veteran and start in Russia somewhere, that sounds like a likely place for an anti alien base.

Also name someone Krumbs.

Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:45 pm
Profile WWW

I just tried a game on veteran.

This happened on the third mission.

After my second turn, half the rookies were out of the ship after a turn of gunning down two reapers and a floater. The aliens then took their turn.
The killed a few civvies, went through some doors, and threw a grenade right next to my troops. 7 down, 7 left insane.

Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:27 pm

Alenth Eneil wrote:
7 left insane.

Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:30 pm

The remaining seven rookies spent a few turns freaking the ♥♥♥♥ out before a couple of them decided to start doing things again, then two of them promptly got shot by a floater, leaving Marie(the first to recover) panicking for several more turns.

OH WAIT, she just recovered, time to command the remaining 5 to save the ♥♥♥♥ outta some Russians.

MISSION SUCCESS.

FOUR LEFT ALIVE, APPARENTLY ONE OF THE ROOKIES WAS INJURED, DIED FROM BLEED-OUT.
ALL 14 ALIENS KILLED.
NO CIVILIANS SAVED.
Pierre GOT TO SERGEANT FOR KILLING TWO FLOATERS IN ONE TURN, YOKO SHOULD HAVE BEEN MADE SERGEANT FOR FINDING AND KILLING THE LAST DAMN FLOATER WITHOUT GETTING SHOT, LET ALONE KILLING AT LEAST ONE REAPER.

Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:57 pm

DRL LP game started due to lack of additional posts.

DRL HQ is placed in the northern Rockies, near the Canadian border, our first sighting was a UFO that we apparently shot down into Lake Eerie. No wreckage to loot.

Out second UFO was shot down farther west, and we dispatched 14 agents in the skyranger to secure the area.

Hyperkultra and Kalle moved out first, aided by one Shigeo Taneda and another Japanese recruit (we have a lot of them) who was killed before we were able to locate the aliens. Electroflare tossing by the previously mentioned men led us to discover and neutralize the two sectoids that had survived the crash. In related news, Neither Kultra nor Shigeo can aim worth a damn, it took 12 seconds and 4 hits for them to kill the second sectoid.

Kalle tried to commit suicide, refusing to throw a primed grenade. Instead, he dropped it, and Shigeo had to grab it and hurl it into the night. It almost killed the alien it was intended for.

Hyperkultra wrote:
Do this if you can. :grin: I wan't to see how many aliens I can kill before I die. 1? 1/2? maybe if I'm lucky I'll shoot an arm off.

You killed both the aliens on this mission, apparently. One of them you sniped from the other side of a hill, the other you took three rounds of shooting to kill.

Shigeo took a plasma bolt to the face, and took no damage. It was strange.

Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:00 am
Loose Canon

YES!
Aww, Kallemort, you tried to kill yourself. Do you have a character in this Alenth?

Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:05 am
Profile WWW

I don't have a guy yet, I might just randomly name guys here and there.

I gave you the guy with 60 bravery, Kalle the guy with 64 accuracy and 40 bravery, and Clam the guy with 70 accuracy and 72 throwing accuracy, but only 10 bravery.

Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:18 am

Is it too late for me to jump on the bandwaggon?

Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:57 am

♥♥♥♥ no everyone who was on earlier never posted so I started on Veteran difficulty.

Problem is is that Veteran is ♥♥♥♥ slaughtermode for someone who's just started the game so I am running practice games. I just lost 12 agents on my first mission because there was a sectoid right in front of the goddamn skyranger with a knockout HE round or some bull♥♥♥♥ who fired it into the middle of the ship. Everyone that wasn't taken out by that was killed by reaction fire because DOSBOX registered my attack click one box to the side so I missed another sectoid.

Fri Aug 14, 2009 3:35 am
Reply to topic   [ 51 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next