View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:25 am

Reply to topic  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 ArmA II 

Post Re: ArmA II
Kallemort wrote:
"rifles of assault"

Also you forget that half of those "rifles of assault" are camo versions of existing weapons.

-4 rifles of assault for painted versions, still having 18 > 7 :???:

I recommend you to stop the offtopic, I'm limited to reply.

Sun Sep 27, 2009 6:35 pm
REAL AMERICAN HERO

hey guess what

you came into this topic to post that you didn't care about the game, with a deliberately inflammatory response

that's what we call trolling, boy

and that's not very chill now is it

Sun Sep 27, 2009 8:24 pm

Location: outside the shithole called the University in the Forest
I found this too hard to get into from the demo. It's just too simulator-y.
I will concede that it would be a good basis for a zombie mod though.

Sun Sep 27, 2009 8:47 pm

There are some mods that essentially turn the game into Battlefield or CounterStrike. No thinking, preloadouts, just jump into the action.

I don't particularly like them myself, but they really should have included it in the demo - just to show the variety of playstyles.

They have a very big modding/scripting community and you can rewrite how the entire game works pretty much.

Sun Sep 27, 2009 8:56 pm
Profile ICQ YIM WWW

if someone would like to buy me this game i would be happy, and would play with you guys ;P
Other than that cant say anything :/
inb4grif OMGYOUIDIOT

Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:09 pm

Why the ♥♥♥♥ HELL would you use COMBAT ARMS WHICH DID I MENTION IS A PIECE OF ♥♥♥♥ ♥♥♥♥ YOU GOD DAMN RETARD GO RAPE YOUR MOTHER WHY WOULD YOU COMPARE WEAPONS FROM COMBAT ARMS TO ARMA 2
WHICH DID I MENTION HAS ACE MOD 2 WHICH FOR THE FIRST GAME ADDED 100+ NEW GUNS?
HOW ♥♥♥♥ RETARDED ARE YOU GOD DAMNIT GEET THE FUUUCK OOOUUUUTT
/steam
I MEAN REALLY?
WOULD YOU REALLY NOT BUY A GAME BECAUSE IT HAS NO SMGS?
YOU WOULD BUY A MOSIN NAGANT, PUT A SCOPE ON IT, A PISTOL GRIP, PAINT IT BLACK, AND CALL IT A 1337 SNIPER RIFLE TACTICOOL JEWPENIS. ♥♥♥♥
/moresteam

This is a good example of how not to post

Last edited by W0w00t on Mon Sep 28, 2009 12:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Sep 28, 2009 12:27 am

W0w00t wrote:
Why the ♥♥♥♥ HELL would you use COMBAT ARMS WHICH DID I MENTION IS A PIECE OF ♥♥♥♥ ♥♥♥♥ YOU GOD DAMN RETARD GO RAPE YOUR MOTHER to COMPARE WEAPONS TO ARMA 2
HOW ♥♥♥♥ RETARDED ARE YOU GOD DAMNIT GEET THE FUUUCK OOOUUUUTT
/steam

We should work on just ignoring posts like this in the future

Mon Sep 28, 2009 12:28 am

Quote:
Why the fudge HELL would you use COMBAT ARMS WHICH DID I MENTION IS A PIECE OF fudge crap YOU GOD DAMN RETARD GO RAPE YOUR MOTHER WHY WOULD YOU COMPARE WEAPONS FROM COMBAT ARMS TO ARMA 2
HOW fudge RETARDED ARE YOU GOD DAMNIT GEET THE FUUUCK OOOUUUUTT
/steam
I MEAN REALLY?
WOULD YOU REALLY NOT BUY A GAME BECAUSE IT HAS NO SMGS?
YOU WOULD BUY A MOSIN NAGANT, PUT A SCOPE ON IT, A PISTOL GRIP, PAINT IT BLACK, AND CALL IT A 1337 SNIPER RIFLE TACTICOOL JEWPENIS. fudge
/moresteam

what a trolltastic experience, anyways, arma2 sound like fun, ill save up for it after i get fallout 3 game of the year in october, and if they update it, well then :grin:

offtopic: If you're so sorry, why post? (sorry bout the offtopic)

Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:45 am

Grif wrote:
hey guess what

you came into this topic to post that you didn't care about the game, with a deliberately inflammatory response

that's what we call trolling, boy

and that's not very chill now is it

I've been disappointed by this game, I was in love about the play-way preview,
switch between tactic mode and shooter mode looks amazing,
but when I've seen the weaponry and the flames have begun themselves...

better luck next time guessing.

Mon Sep 28, 2009 7:01 am

Grif wrote:
http://www.arma2.com/weaponry_en.html

Oh look! A D-30 122mm artillery howizer!

How big of a part do artillery weapons play in this game? Is there more to it than just "there are some enemies over there. I'll order some artillery fire!"? Can the player have part in (or does he have to worry about) the artillery batteries positioning, logistics, defence and such things? Do you have to worry about the enemies artillery fire? Does counter-battery fire play a part in the game? What's it like being a forward observer? etc...

Any answers would be appreciated. I'd love to try ArmA II myself, but I don't have a powerful enough computer to try it out.

Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:29 am

MacAnkka wrote:
Grif wrote:
http://www.arma2.com/weaponry_en.html

Oh look! A D-30 122mm artillery howizer!

How big of a part do artillery weapons play in this game? Is there more to it than just "there are some enemies over there. I'll order some artillery fire!"? Can the player have part in (or does he have to worry about) the artillery batteries positioning, logistics, defence and such things? Do you have to worry about the enemies artillery fire? Does counter-battery fire play a part in the game? What's it like being a forward observer? etc...

Any answers would be appreciated. I'd love to try ArmA II myself, but I don't have a powerful enough computer to try it out.

Why do you want to know if your computer can't play it?

In the more arcadey modes, and in online multi "warfare" mode, anyone can mark the map. Then the commander can click on the map and artillery gets sent there. Badguys don't show up on the map so you have to be good at figuring out where you are and where to mark the map up. The strike is typically 200-500m in diameter and is about 30 seconds and 30 rounds hitting. Both teams have artillery and you can build artillery wherever (if your team has the cash) and you can destroy the other artillery, if you can find it. It's pretty noisy though so if you're within a few KM you can hear it. You can fire every 5 minutes or so.

In singleplayer campaign mode, or more realistic online play, you can order a single smoke shot, a single targeting shot, and you can radio back and correct n/e/s/w x meters. then you can order to fire for effect. Targeting is done with binocs. There's a bunch of other things you can do with artillery that I haven't tried, there's a whole menu for it.

In this mode you can usually only fire a scripted set of times and the artillery is off-map, but not always.

In campaign mode if you fail the secondary objective "defend artillery" in one mission then it isn't available for you in the subsequent missions.

Tue Sep 29, 2009 6:41 pm
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Forum Moderator

First off, stop responding to trolling like that. Just report it and ignore it. Secondly, I deleted some very off topic posts, please try to stay on topic

Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:21 pm

weasel wrote:
Why do you want to know if your computer can't play it?

I'm not planning on living the rest of my life with just my over-three-year-old first gen MacBook and Acer Aspire one as my only computers ;). A more powerful workhorse is next on my computer-related investments list.

If I were to have a powerful computer, I might as well try modern games for once. I've heard about ArmA II before and it sounded interesting. The idea of relatively realistic artillery increased my interest even more.

weasel wrote:
In the more arcadey modes, and in online multi "warfare" mode, anyone can mark the map. Then the commander can click on the map and artillery gets sent there. Badguys don't show up on the map so you have to be good at figuring out where you are and where to mark the map up. The strike is typically 200-500m in diameter and is about 30 seconds and 30 rounds hitting. Both teams have artillery and you can build artillery wherever (if your team has the cash) and you can destroy the other artillery, if you can find it. It's pretty noisy though so if you're within a few KM you can hear it. You can fire every 5 minutes or so.

In singleplayer campaign mode, or more realistic online play, you can order a single smoke shot, a single targeting shot, and you can radio back and correct n/e/s/w x meters. then you can order to fire for effect. Targeting is done with binocs. There's a bunch of other things you can do with artillery that I haven't tried, there's a whole menu for it.

In this mode you can usually only fire a scripted set of times and the artillery is off-map, but not always.

In campaign mode if you fail the secondary objective "defend artillery" in one mission then it isn't available for you in the subsequent missions.

Thanks for that, it was very informative.

30 rounds in to a target of 200-500m diameteter? Sounds like they're very conservative when it comes to ammunition and they can't even aim :p

Other than that, it sounded quite intriguing. Thanks again.

Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:29 pm

MacAnkka wrote:
30 rounds in to a target of 200-500m diameteter? Sounds like they're very conservative when it comes to ammunition and they can't even aim :p

In PvP multi it's pretty sparse, so that once you see the first round drop you can scatter. Otherwise one strike can take out the entire opponent's team, equipment, factories, and command structure with a single click.

In single player you can request the # of shells and the dispersion radius, so you can make a single precision strike or you can just nuke an entire valley if you like. (with some limitations scripted into the mission, of course).

Then again - there's a bunch of mods that let you do whatever you want. drop an HE on every square foot of the entire map with one button? sure.

Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:58 pm
Profile ICQ YIM WWW

Necro, because we really, really need to get some online play going down.

I mean, come on people.

You can snipe the tail rotor of a copter with an anti-material rifle.
You can escape a zombie infested island by boat, plane, or bullet (if you have a friend).
You can stalk your way across 225 km^2 of enemy territory.
You can walk around the countryside for two hours, and watch the sunset.

All true stories.
Demo.

Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:31 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next