View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:26 am

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 LafeSim 

Post LafeSim
i just updated my simulation game. its like sand game, but with physics. im not doing this to advertise, i want to see what you guys think about it. hopefully it will help prove to you that i can do game design.
http://lafesim.webs.com/apps/blog/entri ... -lafesim-8

Sat Sep 26, 2009 2:22 pm

Post Re: LafeSim
after drawing for a certain amount of time it crashes, every time. spamming water crashes it. it's laggy for no reason when using certain things. riddled with bugs, boring and laggy. also you had a go at simulating radioactive decay which is kinda stupid for a falling sand game but I suppose that it works all right (though am I right in saying that the molecules/atoms/whatever they represent never actually decay into something that is stable?). gas is just a bunch of weightless balls that do not undergo diffusion http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Molecular_diffusion and just get in the way (just add a force away from the closest other gas ball, it doesn't matter if then it is closer to another ball because gases are always moving anyway).

to be honest I'm not sure you even played it before posting this as it is very buggy... okay I'm going to be a little harsh here but this app is the buggiest crash ridden game I ever tested... and I'm making a game myself for the first time (and even worse have been failing at making a collision system for quite a while -not bb or circle collision which would be easy).

Sat Sep 26, 2009 4:17 pm

I don't usually like games like this in the first place. It's made worse when the game has many bugs and flaws and is downright ugly. lafe, stop coding games and take some classes on art and coding. It'll make things easier for you and your games will be less ugly.

Sat Sep 26, 2009 4:18 pm

Alternatively, keep on coding and find an artist to collaborate with you. There's plenty out there dying for a chance.

Sat Sep 26, 2009 5:20 pm
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
REAL AMERICAN HERO

see: data + prom

Sat Sep 26, 2009 11:33 pm

I just tested it out, and it seemed okay, except I hated how when you clicked to change what you wanted to make actually made the thing. Like to change from wall to cell, when I click "Cell" the "Cell" word gets covered up. The lack of sides was also annoying, had to manually make them. Liquid Nitro kills your FPS and doesn't do much beyond that. I generally like these games, so I'm just gonna mess around some more, might post more.

Edit1: Apparently it just crashed when i tried to make a wall from the bottom left up to the top right. Wtf?

Sun Sep 27, 2009 4:45 am
Profile WWW

weasel wrote:
Alternatively, keep on coding and find an artist to collaborate with you. There's plenty out there dying for a chance.

Grif wrote:
see: data + prom

yeah but guys the difference is data can debug his program for any issues

lafe needs to look up how to use a debugger

Sun Sep 27, 2009 6:53 am

lafe wrote:
its like sand game, but with physics.

Lol.
Sand games are physics games.

Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:02 pm

Video makes it look like a worse version of Phun.

Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Profile WWW

Thats because it is.

Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:39 pm
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]