View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:15 pm

Reply to topic  [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Borderlands 

Post Re: Borderlands
Yeah, this mining camp has a turret, and that thing is kickin my ass. Anyone have any advice on beating it? It seems to not get hurt by any of my guns, and kills me in less than 2 seconds.

Fri Nov 13, 2009 5:57 am
DRLGrump

Benpasko wrote:
Yeah, this mining camp has a turret, and that thing is kickin my ass. Anyone have any advice on beating it? It seems to not get hurt by any of my guns, and kills me in less than 2 seconds.

Grab a rocket launcher. Or just ♥♥♥♥ around for awhile and level up.

Fri Nov 13, 2009 6:36 am

Ermmm...I got past it, and there aren't any lvl 16 rocket launchers that I know of. I've only ever found one, and it was level 19. Now, sledge is bein a ♥♥♥♥. Man, I tried the other guys, and Roland IS harder to play.

Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:36 pm

Going through as Mercutio (if that's actually his name... anyway, the sniper dude). It's basically sniper rifles, shotguns, and melee. Having x7 lethal strike is hilarious. I'm about level 32-ish and have been going through Rust Commons East. No Eridian weapons yet (and, me being the completionist that I am, I've done every quest so far), but I've been getting some pretty awesome incendiary sniper rifles; x4 elemental and enough damage to kill everything on a crit anyway? Sure!

My main complaint is that sniper rifles aren't ever actually accurate enough to do the kind of things that I usually use sniper rifles for, but hopefully I'll get to 100% accuracy in time to enjoy it.

As for the turret, if it's where and what I think it is, there's a guy manning it that you can just snipe out from behind the turret. Sniper rifles are great against turrets, since you can peek out and shoot it from an angle where they can't quite hit you.

Sat Nov 14, 2009 7:12 am
Loose Canon

Fearful_Ferret wrote:
Mercutio

AHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHH Mordecai. His name is Mordecai. Mercutio is a character from Romio and Juliet.

Way to be a ♥♥♥♥. - Seraph

Sat Nov 14, 2009 7:15 am
Profile WWW

I'm level 45 on my second run and Holy Balls... The Volcano Sniper is the best gun ever. I got it in my early 20's and it can still 1 hit a lot of guys. 250 dmg, 0.5 fire rate, and x4 fire... But for some reason it does massive damage. It's got some red text on it, something about "sacrificing to Pele".
I had a 900 damage gun and this thing was still 2-3 times better. It's fire effect can do a couple 150's a second.
If you guys get it, keep it forever.

Eridian Weapons are a letdown, I had 1 fizzy shotgun one, a sine wave sniper and a slow moving ball of death one, and they all suck.

Sat Nov 14, 2009 8:14 am

The volcanic sniper is a unique weapon. It always has the "Sacrifice to Pele" thingo that makes it make ridiculous amounts of fire. If I remember correctly, it's a top-tier weapon too. So yeah.

Sat Nov 14, 2009 8:28 am
Profile WWW

Game is so much better when you start modding the weapons. Greatnews is that you can do it on consoles too

Sat Nov 14, 2009 9:55 pm

Yeah, I didn't think that they'd name a character after him, but it was all that came to mind. And you rename your character anyway, so whatever.

And yeah, I've actually found two of the volcanic sniper rifles; the first was better than the second, and I'm still using the first since it beats out everything. I'm using that, a 4x corrosive shotgun, a pistol*, and a corrosive rocket launcher that I switch out for a 5x burst rocket launcher when something really has to die and I don't care about wasting ammo. Currently at 11 shotgun proficiency and 12 sniper proficiency, and just opened up the other half of rust commons east.

I would be scared for the eridian guardian dudes if I didn't have 5x trespass.

* The pistol was a reward from something in the middle of nowhere, and doesn't use ammo, despite not being eridian. It's also explosive, and was just replaced by the first eridian weapon I found: the ball blaster. Homing balls of death FTW!

Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:18 am

Toes from Europe wrote:
Game is so much better when you start modding the weapons. Greatnews is that you can do it on consoles too

Haha. Explanation. Please.

(When you are as shocked as I am, you don't need verbs anymore.)

Last edited by Areku on Mon Nov 16, 2009 12:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Nov 15, 2009 8:39 pm
Profile WWW
DRLGrump

Benpasko wrote:
Ermmm...I got past it, and there aren't any lvl 16 rocket launchers that I know of. I've only ever found one, and it was level 19. Now, sledge is bein a ♥♥♥♥. Man, I tried the other guys, and Roland IS harder to play.

I've only used Roland and Brick, but I liked Roland better.

Sun Nov 15, 2009 9:00 pm

OK, now, seriously, could anyone here tell me how exactly do I mod it? I'm on a PC, and I'vesearched all around the internet for the exact method, but had no result. I've tried using good old notepad to edit my save files, but it always causes the file to become corrupt, even if I just go to a gun's code and change mag.mag1 to mag.mag2. So, what does the community have to say about that?

Tue Nov 17, 2009 1:14 am
Profile WWW

Yup

Tue Nov 17, 2009 1:17 am

Or

Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:31 am

Mine's better skivguy

Tue Nov 17, 2009 2:31 pm
Reply to topic   [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next