View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:16 am

Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Gratuitous Space Battles 

Post Re: Gratuitous Space Battles
Miles_T3hR4t wrote:
I believe your missing the point. quite short and simply put, BSF came first, and has more detail in certain respects, yet is largely ignored, because of a newer, better promoted game. Much the way that I fear will happen to CC some day. also yes, I ♥♥♥♥ up, I didn't realize this was another indie game, and I spelled indie wrong, but for what my actual point was, you guys sure went out of the way to point out my mistakes, just to ignore my point.
No, I didn't. You believe BSF is better than this and should have more fans, and as such it's situation is a tragedy. NO-ONE DENIED THAT LAST POINT. however, duh countered your first point (that BSF is better) point by pointing out the difference in community, and how the game is played etc. You basically ranted on about the fact that they are pretty much the same idea. Similar idea to fraxy as well, just with different gameplay.
What you are missing is the fact that as tragic as it is that BSF has degenerated to the level it is at when it could have been so much more, and that its free but gets less plays and whatever, your whining does nothing about that and just annoys us. You broadcast your opinion in an annoying way
using
way too many returns

in a short space of time,
and, commas, everywhere when they, arent needed or,

appropriate,

and then insinuating, that we thought you were crazy and yelling about it ripping off BSF and getting spontaneous praise as if no work had gone into the game or something.

Chill out. Heck, if they did steal the idea, they put in a damned lot of work on a game that was "ripped off". best "clone" game ever, some might say (they'd be wrong).
BSF and this are similar in the same way N and motherlode are similar, and halo and quake are similar, and crash bandicoot and just about every 2.5D cartoon platformer are similar, and any driving game every and any driving game ever are similar, and jesus do you get it yet? the games industry involves people designing games that involve the player having fun (hopefully). there are a heck of a lot of formulae out there for fun games, and even more games than there are forumlae, therefore, some games use the same formula. this, and BSF both use a weird cross of shmup and rts, with a bit of build ♥♥♥♥ thrown in. so what? this was marketed better and released at a point in time where indie games recieve more exposure, and was released on a games distribution system that a shitton of people use. heck, it had a fan base before it was released. of course it gets more people playing it.
It doesnt make BSF a worse game, and it doesnt make this a better game, it just makes this a more successful game. You bitching will never change that, ever. You arent that influential. Email someone who is, get them to make a post saying "lets reflect on past games" with BSF in there, as like a free alternative to GSB, and yeah, it might get some more players.
Its a ♥♥♥♥ long shot though.
If you want attempt to "save" BSF, you should A) speak with the developers about getting permission to put it on steam and just about every other game distribution service, and B) do so in a non-biased way. sure, put "made in x year" but dont ♥♥♥♥♥ and moan about GSB ripping it off.
In regards to that happening to CC, it might, but CC has already made data quite a bit of money, and will still have its community, unless it gets ripped off seven years from now when more than half of us have moved on. DRL, and DRLFF as a community are expecting expansion as CC gets more exposure, not visa-versa. So, stop being a sceptic fearmonger.
Also, we point out your mistakes because they constitute the majority of your posts.

And yes, kultra, CC is in beta.

Wed Nov 25, 2009 7:55 am
Profile WWW

Yeah, it seems like a much better version of BSF.

Also, if some company comes along and rips of Cortex Command, I will be soo happy.

IMAGINE A WORLD WHERE CORTEX COMMAND RUNS PROPERLY.

Sat Nov 28, 2009 8:44 am
REAL AMERICAN HERO

Will trade any/all parts of the Orange Box for this.

Sat Nov 28, 2009 9:47 pm

Pointless retarded YOU COPIED ME squabbling aside, this game looks ♥♥♥♥ awesome. Def. buying this next time I have some spare change knocking around. Will also accept this for free, should anyone feel like bein' a bro.

Sun Nov 29, 2009 5:05 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3