View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:11 pm

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 C&C 4 

Post C&C 4
So how do you people like what EA Games made to the fouth installment of C&C?
I don't even know where to begin how much they ruined the game serie...

*No base building - Yeah, why would we need that in a command & conquer game!?
*Tech tree - Naah! Lets skip that aswell, just force the player to play the game some 4-5h before he can try all the units, and begin working on he's multiplayer stategy... Not that multiplaying will happen.
*UGLY - Yeah lets scrap the graphics while we are on it, base tha whole game on Red alert 3's Bullfrog unit, cuz that'll be AWESOME!
*AGTAHAOHGJOAGKOAOPK!!!!

[/sarcasm]

The game is no good, just look at ebay.

Sun Apr 04, 2010 2:26 pm

Post Re: C&C 4
I was hugely disappointed in the build and rush fest that was C&C3 so I will ignore C&C4 completely. EA can't seem to do anything right. -_-
At least I still have the classics lying around. :)

Sun Apr 04, 2010 3:27 pm

So its really that horrible? Hmmm....
Gonna stick with good old Tiberian Sun then.

Such a shame Westwood got defunct, they made such awesome games.

Sun Apr 04, 2010 4:35 pm

If you ignore the name, and don't expect to be playing Command & Conquer when you get into it, you'll love it.
I got the beta and I couldn't put it down.

Sun Apr 04, 2010 5:27 pm
Profile WWW

C&C4 for ruined some things, like they removed scrum like the aliens. Those were awesome with their giant tripods.
I personally like C&C 3 more. I'll stick to generals: zero hour for now.

Sun Apr 04, 2010 6:08 pm

CrazyMLC wrote:
If you ignore the name, and don't expect to be playing Command & Conquer when you get into it, you'll love it.
I got the beta and I couldn't put it down.

I'm used to that after fallout 3, pretending its not what its supposed to be.
But this game, C&C4, have kane in it which equals C&C! I simplt cant forgive them for wrack the game they way they have, it simply sucks ****balls!

Bah, of to play Starcraft 2 Beta for me then :'(

Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:44 pm

I thought they were trying to simplify it, and I think it worked. It felt simple and clean.
It works to just use the MCV anyway, you don't need 32 billion buildings. Anyway, if you really want to build stuff, you can be the defensive class, then you can build bases defenses. And again, don't compare it to C&C or you'll be disappointed. Its a completely different game, meant for a slightly different audience, they just slapped the C&C sticker on there to make it sell well, just like every other salesman would.

You buy upgrades, including tech tiers. You just have to level up to a certain level, which can be a pain, but it introduces you to the game slowly. Other C&Cs did it too, in campaign missions you start out only being able to build a few things, and it builds up.

I thought the graphics were kick-ass. :(
Did you have the graphics settings turned up high?
Bullfrog unit? I haven't seen enough of Red Alert 3 to address this, but none of the units in the game look just like each other, so they cant all look like this unit.

Did you make it to level 20 to at least one side?

Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:08 pm
Profile WWW

Simplify = dumbing it down, atleast in this case the depth of the game is bad... It's just like in those Lord of the rings RTS's, Rock paper and lasercanons.
I do agree that its NOT a C & C game, and with that EA is just screwing over the fanbase by "slapping" on the C & C lable. That is called a dick-move, and it's what EA always do.

Yeah woah, the defencive class sure is all about building... If I want to build bases I would have to play anather game - Which I would gladly do.

CrazyMLC wrote:
You just have to level up to a certain level, which can be a pain, but it introduces you to the game slowly. Other C&Cs did it too, in campaign missions you start out only being able to build a few things, and it builds up."

This is not the case in this game, C & C 4 forces you to play to ever TRY all the units. I repeat, you can't start a skirmish and just fool around with all the units, you HAVE to play for hours to unlock them, this is retarded!

And yes I have all the grapics maxed, and it still is clearly underwelming, evem compared to the better C & C 3.
Thats a bullfrog http://redalert3.alfargames.com/images/ ... _final.jpg
I never said the units look just like a bullfrog, but the whole GDI side is ugly, bulky and saggy! The NOD side is a bit better.

No way, I will waste my life to reach lvl 20 in that steaming pile of dung, as I said the lvl consept is just down right useless.

Now I just feel like I'm over aggresive, but I'm sorly dissapointed over C & C 4... but...
I do love Kane.

Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:28 pm

I like anything made by C&C....!!!

Start from RA2, General, and keep going until now. I like the ghrapic anyway. But, I still don't have the Zero Hour.

Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:38 am
Profile WWW

Red Alert 2, Yuri's Revenge expansion for life.

Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:43 am
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]