View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:11 pm

Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Nintendo. 

Post Nintendo.
Holy ♥♥♥♥. Big press conference, but, uh, here's the thing I'm exited about.
http://e3.nintendo.com/3ds/
I'll update later, but basically
Quote:
♥♥♥♥ OCARINA OF TIME HandheldNewerGraphicsin3D (!!!) (If they don't do majora's mask and do it well, though, I'll end them)
STAR FOX: I can hate falco again! HandheldNewerGraphicsin3D
NEW MARIO KART: HandheldDecentGraphicsin3D
PAPER MARIO HandheldNewerGraphics(♥♥♥♥'sonahandheld!)in3D
KINGDOM HEARTS: The good one : HandheldNewerGraphicsin3D (WHAT THE ♥♥♥♥ UNEXPECTEDAWESOME)
CHOCOBO RACING: Nostalgia + My disk is scratched : HandheldNewerGraphicsin3D
SNAKE EATER?! HandheldNewerGraphicsin3D (!!!)
NEW ICARUS! HandheldSexyGraphicsHugeEnvironmentsin3D

And 5-up'd hardware. Nintendo have actually won back some respect from me, this looks amazing. It's late, I'll rant later, and probably get hated on for this, but ♥♥♥♥ everything, I've been wanting Nintendo to have a proper retort for the PSP for a loooooong time.

Sun Jun 20, 2010 12:33 pm
Profile WWW
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

Post Re: Nintendo.
DUUUDEHANDHELDNEWERGRAPHICSIN3D ARE AWESOME!

Now if they just made a yoshi game for it, cuz I have a thing for that little dino :3

Sun Jun 20, 2010 2:22 pm

OH MAH DATA THIS IS LIKE FUDGE CHRISTMAS.

Also, analog controls. And 3D. Let's just hope that the screen is bigger than the old one's.

Sun Jun 20, 2010 2:25 pm
Profile WWW
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

Oh it is.

Sun Jun 20, 2010 2:52 pm
Loose Canon

The Wii's library bombed, but the DS is officially the ♥♥♥♥.

Sun Jun 20, 2010 3:46 pm
Profile WWW

I watched nintendo's, sony's, ubisoft's and EA's conferences live, CBA to watch microsofts and I've heard it was crap anyway (would have done if I knew I could watch it live before they had already finished the conference). Nintendo's conference was the best by far, sony was just bashing microsofts kinect(previously project natal) with stuff like "look it has buttons", and ignoring nintendo pretending that they haven't already done this with stuff like "this opens up so many new gameplay experiences" and all that ♥♥♥♥ whilst also trying to say that there products are for "even moms". The previews of sonys motion control was unimpressive, games with better aiming as possible with the wii controller and this one other game called "sorcery", that looked crap, they made it pretty clear that they'll be following in nintendo's footsteps with more family orientated games though (of course they never actually mentioned nintendo), they also pushed their 3d tvs (which need special glasses, who the hell would get a 3d tv anyway?) and seem to be lagging behind nintendo slightly but less impressively.

Nintendo seems to be over the casual game fad, thank god (wii music is almost unforgivable, but at least the DS has always remained a constant source of good games). Maybe the wii was a smart move after all, focus on increasing their fan following and continue to support those then steadily cut down on those efforts and then say "sorry we kinda left you guys out" to the more "hardcore" gamers and go back and revitalise their old franchises with with more fans than ever but continuing to pump out some of the more casual games like nintendogs+cats. I see what you did there nintendo. I have a feeling the successor to the wii will be on par with the other consoles (if not better, nintendo used to always produce the best consoles tech-wise).

Sun Jun 20, 2010 5:27 pm

Wow ♥♥♥♥ Nintendo. They are so bad at making games that the only way people will like them is if they re-release games from decades ago.

Sun Jun 20, 2010 5:41 pm

I smell a troll o:

3DS definitely looks good. Won't be able to take any consoles with me to Uni as they also belong in part to my siblings so a good handheld is going to be necessary. Looks like Nintendo is thankfully providing one :)

Sun Jun 20, 2010 5:50 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Contrary wrote:
Wow ♥♥♥♥ Nintendo. They are so bad at making games that the only way people will like them is if they re-release games from decades ago.

I Concur, When was the last time they actually made a new game storyline, with brand new characters in plot, that was nothing like they did before?

Sun Jun 20, 2010 6:43 pm
Profile WWW

Pikmin I think, but that wasn't too long ago.
Animal Crossing is possibly newer.
The Wii- series like Wii Sports might count too.

When was the last time Sony or Microsoft came up with a completely new franchise?
To be honest I've always seen the third party content on their consoles to be the main seller.
I can't even think of any games that were published directly by Sony or Microsoft. There probably are some but I don't know what they are.
Double standards much?

Sun Jun 20, 2010 7:22 pm
REAL AMERICAN HERO

oh yeah

killzone 3 halo reach infamous 2 metal gear solid rising call of duty black ops rock band 3 gran turismo 5 mortal kombat littlebigplanet 2 motorstorm apocalypse castlevania: harmony of despair gears of war 3 twisted metal marvel vs capcom 3 portal 2 star wars force unleashed 2 sonic colors crysis 2 dj hero 2 spiderman: shattered dimensions need for speed: hot pursuit god of war: ghost of sparta mafia 2 xcom super scribblenauts

♥♥♥♥' INNOVATIVE, MAN

NINTENDO SHOULD TRY AND KEEP UP

Sun Jun 20, 2010 7:30 pm
happy carebear mom

metal chao wrote:
Pikmin I think, but that wasn't too long ago.
Animal Crossing is possibly newer.
third party content on their consoles to be the main seller.

Animal crossing was from back in the 64 era, back when it was Animal Forest (or rather, the Japanese equivalent). Pikmin was comparatively new, since it's from the GC era.
But yeah, third party developers carry the bulk of MS and Sony, while Nintendo typically gets the bulk of their name from their own titles. Both are perfectly fine business strategies, as is developing games with recurring characters. Maybe not very refreshing, but it sells. And truth be told, while the storylines might not be refreshing, they sure do make for (on the average) decent games.

Grif wrote:
dj hero 2

Wait they're making another one? I thought the first one failed mightily?

Sun Jun 20, 2010 7:35 pm

? it didn't fail at all

Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:15 pm
happy carebear mom

Oh. Well, I never heard anything about it so I thought it must not have done well. My mistake.

Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:18 pm

grif, those current games are sequels of original games that came out only a couple years ago. Besides, they are actual games that have been out before. NOT THE EXACT SAME GAME WE'VE PLAYED 10 YEARS AGO (but now in 3D).

Nintendo now is all about making shitty games and marketing them at little kids who are too stupid to realize their game is ♥♥♥♥.

Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:57 pm
Reply to topic   [ 49 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next