View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:06 pm

Reply to topic  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Spore 

Post Spore
Yes, this.

If you hate, report, do not do it in a post.

IMO, I love it.

I have a 100% box, but when I got GA, I had to reinstall it, and my captain got @#$%ed up.

Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:05 am

Post Re: Spore
Wasn't thrilled with it honestly. It MIGHT have been a good game, but in the end it just feels like the game was rushed and never completely finished. There are just so many things that could have been done better. Like, space-stage. I can not believe that the highest stage in the game could be so bad. Do missions, most of which involve fetch-quests, and start non-epic wars (I seriously beat a rival empire in no time flat, just blow up the damn cities!).

I'm just really glad my friend lent me the game. I would have felt like I wasted my money. I only wasted my time.

Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:19 am

Yeah, they could've improved it ALOT more.

Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:29 am
Loose Canon

The trailers were all so beautiful...
The game was not...
Why did we get this game instead of what the trailers showed? The game in the trailers was a different game, it had to be!
Right?

Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:32 am
Profile WWW

Coulda shoulda woulda.
I was looking forward to this game for a long time, and at the last minute they decided to dumb things down and rush it. Disappointing.

Anyway, it was fun, but I wish the game itself had been longer.

Remember in the long video they showed mixing actions, like biting and animal and grabbing it so other animals didn't steal it? In spore, you can't do that. And animals don't steal your kills. It's all been ruined just because they wanted to release it so badly.

I eagerly await a polished sequel.

Last edited by CrazyMLC on Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:35 am
Profile WWW

CrazyMLC wrote:
I was looking forward to this game for a long time, and at the last minute they decided to dump things down and rush it. Disappointing.

Inorite?

It's like at the last second they didn't give a ♥♥♥♥ about ratings anymore.

Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:37 am

Honestly, it's a pain in the space stage, you can;t expand very far because the traveling is just too long.
And if you do find wormholes in your sector, you have to remember where it goes, A PAIN.

There's a couple game modes that i wish existed:
- Dog Fight with the airplane
- Race with the car and/or Fight
- Boat Battles

Fricken Online feature for space stage!

Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:31 am
Loose Canon

Wait, so they hyped it up to extreme levels, showed beautiful videos and pictures, and promised us nectar and ambrosia, then gave us a product that lives down below our expectations?
Did EA hire numgun?

User was warned for this post. I think the reasons why are evident. -Duh

Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:34 am
Profile WWW
happy carebear mom

dragonxp wrote:
Honestly, it's a pain in the space stage, you can;t expand very far because the traveling is just too long.

More like they needed allied ships that did anything at all. Your empire can span multiple star systems and yet all you have is one ship apparently to defend your territory. Autonomy for once would be awesome.

Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:43 am

Duh102 wrote:
More like they needed allied ships that did anything at all. Your empire can span multiple star systems and yet all you have is one ship apparently to defend your territory. Autonomy for once would be awesome.

I agree, they needed an option to get you more than ONE ship. It'd be nice if you had a fleet to take off the burden of spice trading and defending an expanding empire.

And if the allies weren't such whiny ♥♥♥♥♥es. Every other minute it's "our enemies are attacking" or "our environment is collapsing". I just started blowing up empires without discretion to avoid these headaches.

Speaking of which, how is it that so many planets' ecosystems are on the verge of collapsing every ~15 MINUTES? If the real world played by Spore logic, our planet would be long dead from lack of people with lasers to blow up 5 infected yellow-glowing animals.

Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:03 am

I haven't played this game in a year, but I remember that I couldn't play the space portion of the game because EA wouldn't release a ♥♥♥♥ patch to save their lives.

Tue Apr 20, 2010 6:53 am

There was a really good spore game on the EA preview, and they ♥♥♥♥ it up.

WTH

Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:18 pm

I agree, even the expansion wasn't that good because it should've been in the game in the first place.

And collisions are ♥♥♥♥

I will admit, the cell stage was amazing, and the tribal and civ stages were'nt that bad, but usually as soon as you got to civ you'd either cheat for money or bild an airplane out of the gun parts because they have decent health and speed anyways, and maxed gun parts means one-hitting cities.

The quests sucked balls. and still do, even with the adventure maker in the expansion.

Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:18 pm
Profile WWW

alphagamer774 wrote:
I agree, even the expansion wasn't that good because it should've been in the game in the first place.

And collisions are ♥♥♥♥

I will admit, the cell stage was amazing, and the tribal and civ stages were'nt that bad, but usually as soon as you got to civ you'd either cheat for money or bild an airplane out of the gun parts because they have decent health and speed anyways, and maxed gun parts means one-hitting cities.

The quests sucked balls. and still do, even with the adventure maker in the expansion.

Yup.

Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:11 pm

at least the game was good in concept, witch wasent good enough. :???:

Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:26 pm
Reply to topic   [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next