View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:10 am

Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 HON [Heroes of Newerth] 

Post Re: HON [Heroes of Newerth]
if you've got mics or can install a vent client I'll teach you guys a few things

Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:00 am
Profile WWW

Ok, I played. This game is spectacular, though Dragon beats me most of the time. My favorite guy is Soul Reaper, with Life Drain on, he's a monster. And I think I could get Vent, but I don't have a mic.

Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:57 am

Ophanim wrote:
if you've got mics or can install a vent client I'll teach you guys a few things

We accept, i suck, but ben sucks more. [only guy i owned].
I have no mic yet, but i plan to get one for my ps3, i'll get a usb one so i can use for comp to.

Excuse bad grammar, came back from online game.

Edit: Scout, backstab Ben = Unhappy angered Ben.

Edit2: @Ben [post under me] Sorry.

Last edited by dragonxp on Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:07 am, edited 3 times in total.

Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:58 am

Hey, whoa, no need to make fun of me D:

Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:59 am

Might give this a try.

Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:57 am
Profile WWW

I can maybe get some strange no stats class type thing going on. Stick you guys in pub 5v5s or inhouses or whatever and point out what you should be doing. I get off work at 9 EST so I'll probably get a class together about ten-ish, if that's alright with you boyos.

Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:54 pm
Profile WWW

http://hon.esportmedia.com/ go find some LOAD games and jerk off to chu` raping literally ♥♥♥♥ everything in sight.
chu` is, without a doubt, HoN's top player in the world right now

Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:52 pm
Profile WWW

this makes me rage.

not because it's dota, but because I see so much stolen content. and when I say 'stolen' I mean literal copy/pasted from WC3 TFT. Button graphics to terrain textures. Essentially this is a very big WC3 mod, that they are selling. It's probably still using the base WC3 engine with a few modifications, and by a few, I mean the hero inventories got bigger, and they moved where portraits go, and threw a new gui over top of it.

It's so blatant that it enrages me, in a way that only stolen IP can. the instant they start charging money for this, is the instant that blizzard/activision gives them a C&D order, possibly followed by lawsuit. However I'm still going to check to see if blizzard knows about this yet, because if they do and their allowing it, I'll shut up.

-Edit

Screw it, I don't care, Helping activision start another lawsuit is the last thing I want to see, Looking at this game in more detail, I notice that over time they're replacing all the *right from WC3* content, so Odds are by the time its in full release it will all be gone, and there'll be enough changes to the engine. so... yeah... [/asshat]

Last edited by Miles_T3hR4t on Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:08 pm
Profile YIM WWW
happy carebear mom

They probably have a partnership or something.

Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:16 pm

Blizzard didn't make the original MAP for warcraft 3, icefrog did and S2 has permission from him to make this game. It's intended to be DotA, updated, with changes that are prevented in DotA by the WC3 engine, on an entirely new engine, using resources icefrog doesn't have. None of the textures are copy pasted, they're intended to be similar because 1. WC3's engine and the way it handles textures is supposed to highlight units and make textures and the map details fade into the background, so the player pays attention to his units and sees the map as walkable space, and HoN's engine also does this and 2. because DotA players are autistic and hate change so this is supposed to give them an easier time changing games. Blizzard/Activision don't own DotA, anyone who wanted to and are legally able to would have been able to C&D them already, and they've been saying since the beginning of development that it would be a paid-for product at the end of beta. May eighth is the date it goes retail, and they're making no secret of this.

S2 is funded by Maliken, who has millions of jew golds and is willing to pay. He pays for HoN and HoN is developed for professional play specifically so it's more likely to get picked up as a successful e-sport, opening the door for more and more e-sports here in the states. CS:S almost did this a few years ago, but fell just a little short. HoN is being developed specifically to appeal to an audience, and will probably see a lot of popularity here soon in our technology-based society. HoN has the potential to make good games more popular, open the door for professional e-sports being mainstream, and probably cure your malignant brain tumor.

So, miles, they're entirely in the right, being funded privately by a philanthropist millionaire who loves videogames, and have complete legal and moral right to make what they're doing. Which you would have known, had you read for maybe ten minutes. What you instead did is what you always do. You glance at the beginning of an issue, and then make a snap judgement while making no attempt to learn even a little bit more so you can make an informed decision about the issue. You then feel the nigh-insatiable need tell everyone your stupid little petty two cents. So you do, and you're ridiculed for it, and you never, ever learn. You will continue to do this no matter what I say, or what anyone does, and will continue to believe you are entirely in the right. I hate you for this, you know.

Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:21 pm
Profile WWW

Duh102 wrote:
They probably have a partnership or something.

They have no partnership with blizzard, and Ophanim below, explains who owns what.

Ophanim wrote:
Blizzard didn't make the original MAP for warcraft 3, icefrog did and S2 has permission from him to make this game. It's intended to be DotA, updated, with changes that are prevented in DotA by the WC3 engine, on an entirely new engine, using resources icefrog doesn't have. None of the textures are copy pasted, they're intended to be similar because 1. WC3's engine and the way it handles textures is supposed to highlight units and make textures and the map details fade into the background, so the player pays attention to his units and sees the map as walkable space, and HoN's engine also does this and 2. because DotA players are autistic and hate change so this is supposed to give them an easier time changing games. Blizzard/Activision don't own DotA, anyone who wanted to and are legally able to would have been able to C&D them already, and they've been saying since the beginning of development that it would be a paid-for product at the end of beta. May eighth is the date it goes retail, and they're making no secret of this.

S2 is funded by Maliken, who has millions of jew golds and is willing to pay. He pays for HoN and HoN is developed for professional play specifically so it's more likely to get picked up as a successful e-sport, opening the door for more and more e-sports here in the states. CS:S almost did this a few years ago, but fell just a little short. HoN is being developed specifically to appeal to an audience, and will probably see a lot of popularity here soon in our technology-based society. HoN has the potential to make good games more popular, open the door for professional e-sports being mainstream, and probably cure your malignant brain tumor.

So, miles, they're entirely in the right, being funded privately by a philanthropist millionaire who loves videogames, and have complete legal and moral right to make what they're doing. Which you would have known, had you read for maybe ten minutes. What you instead did is what you always do. You glance at the beginning of an issue, and then make a snap judgement while making no attempt to learn even a little bit more so you can make an informed decision about the issue. You then feel the nigh-insatiable need tell everyone your stupid little petty two cents. So you do, and you're ridiculed for it, and you never, ever learn. You will continue to do this no matter what I say, or what anyone does, and will continue to believe you are entirely in the right. I hate you for this, you know.

The primary things I see that are Identical are various move/attack/patrol buttons, some skill buttons, and a few grass/tree textures Based off of this, and the way the interface looked, I assumed they where building this off of WC3, and not as an independent, from scratch (I doubt it) engine, But you clearly know more on this subject than I do. as I stated in my edit they are probably going to replace the stuff that looks to copied.

The one thing that's "big" that they will need to remove, is the pandaren hero, because...well... blizzard does own that, and all the puns involved. everything else is generic enough that they can get away with it as long as they make sure none of the names are in anything blizzard made.

The rest of what you said is a bit more of a personal attack on me, to which, you can eat it, after all I corrected myself before you snapped to jump on me. quit it.

Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:33 pm
Profile YIM WWW

You corrected yourself by reading more after you had finished posting the first thing you thought. This is wrong. S2 isn't some shady Brazilian company. They've got offices in California and San Antonio and a giant team of people, all of which is funded by Maliken. They're not going to just rip ♥♥♥♥ from a WC3 map and sell it. This has been in closed beta for about a year and a half now.

Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:52 pm
Profile WWW

Ophanim wrote:
You corrected yourself by reading more after you had finished posting the first thing you thought. This is wrong. S2 isn't some shady Brazilian company. They've got offices in California and San Antonio and a giant team of people, all of which is funded by Maliken. They're not going to just rip ♥♥♥♥ from a WC3 map and sell it. This has been in closed beta for about a year and a half now.

Actually, My judgements where based purely on looking at screencaps and how everything is arranged, and I corrected it based on, Screencaps, how everything is arranged, and looking at older screencaps and seeing differences. but that's irrelevent.

you realize that starcraft was made by blizzard taking warcraft and tacking ♥♥♥♥ on top of it? yeah, alot of games do that, like counterstrike from half-life, and portal from half-life, and oh christ on a crutch every tower defense game from either warcraft or starcraft, or some game made in flash.

and considering this is based on dota, which is based in warcraft, It's only a logical conclusion considering it looks like a carbon-copy with a few photoshop effects plastered on, with some slightly tweaked models like 'oh this statue now has a rediculous beard and slightly reshaped armor.' I have not yet actually PLAYED but I do infact intend on it. I am only stating that some things that are currently in game, look like they where swiped but are likely to be replaced before a final release. now I'm actually going to go and register and check it out because I rather liked dota, not that I'm any good at it.

EDIT----
http://www.heroesofnewerth.com/specs_pop.html
This took a while to find... looks like I won't be playing. stupid 1gb ram.

Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:53 pm
Profile YIM WWW

I don't see how any of this improves your stance or defends you in any way. So you're an idiot, but for different reasons than I stated.

Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:43 pm
Profile WWW

It's a pretty sweet game, guys. The heroes have cool abilities, Pebbles can throw people, Chronos can distort time, and Maliken can throw his sword, and teleport to it mid-flight. In addition, they made the recipes easier to deal with, now you can buy all the ingredients for it from it's icon in the shop, instead of hunting around. Try the game, Miles, before you judge it.

Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:44 am
Reply to topic   [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next