View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:51 am

Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 Metal Gear Solid: Rising 

Post Re: Metal Gear Solid: Rising
yea, me too :)

Fri Jun 18, 2010 6:19 am
Profile ICQ

In hindsight a lot of the writing was kinda stupid, but especially the mash on triangle to not got microwave part was moving.

Fri Jun 18, 2010 4:13 pm

The game is about a cyborg ninja. Hence, there has to be stealth.

This trailer seemed to kinda swipe off the new Zelda demo fail.

Fri Jun 18, 2010 4:13 pm

Gawd, I watched the trailer for this again. I am so excited to cut ♥♥♥♥...

Sun Jun 20, 2010 7:33 am

This trailer made me loose hope. I was hoping it wouldn't exactly go the 'PWNANZA KEEL EVERYTHING YOU SEE' and that it would stick to the original MGS gameplay style. Even today, I turn on my PSX to play some good ol' MGS.

Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:06 pm

Contrary wrote:
In hindsight a lot of the writing was kinda stupid, but especially the mash on triangle to not got microwave part was moving.

That part, when I first saw it, was moving, yeah, but looking back, the Mark III did all the work anyway, so that was actually wholly unnecessary.

Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:42 pm

Darthie wrote:
This trailer made me loose hope. I was hoping it wouldn't exactly go the 'PWNANZA KEEL EVERYTHING YOU SEE' and that it would stick to the original MGS gameplay style. Even today, I turn on my PSX to play some good ol' MGS.

It'll have stealth.
But it's more like hunter stealth rather than Tactical Espionage.

Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:12 am

Roy-G-Biv wrote:
Darthie wrote:

It'll have stealth.
But it's more like hunter stealth rather than Tactical Espionage.

Translation: Instead of 'stealth', you're just gonna overpoweredly leap over enemies at superspeed before they even have a chance of seeing you, as apposed to a much more entertaining and challenging, plus REALISTIC, 'Tactical Espionage' style of stealth.

Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:40 am

Also, if I remember correctly, Mr. Kojima isn't too much involved in the development of Rising, if at all.
I think I will buy the game if it won't be stealth anyways, but just because of story, if it will have one.

I just hope it won't be a sidescrolling beat-em-up.

Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:38 am

Ociamarru wrote:
If you DO get cornered, you're superhuman anyway and so you just cut them up. Hell, you don't even seem to DIE easily. Anyone else notice in the trailer that Raiden was doing fine while being shot by like 3 soldiers, taking his time to cut an enemy into bits? Yeah...no challenge, either.

I originally thought that MGS4 wasn't too challenging, either; I only died like 7 times in my initial playthrough. Then I changed the difficulty to Extreme and shat my pants- it basically turned "reality" mode on, and I was finding myself bewildered as soldiers' vests and helmets stopped my bullets and as the heavy guns (Gekko and Stryker .50s) killed me in two or three shots.

I'm sure that Rising will feature various difficulty levels for people who want more of a challenge- it's pretty much been standard in the Metal Gear series since MGS for the PSX (and maybe even earlier- I never played MG or MG2, so I dunno if they had difficulty options)

Ociamarru wrote:
Contrary wrote:

That part, when I first saw it, was moving, yeah, but looking back, the Mark III did all the work anyway, so that was actually wholly unnecessary.

I thought that at first, too, but keep in mind that the Mark III could only stray so far from Snake, and also remember that the Mark III wouldn't have been able to upload the virus if Snake hadn't held off the Dwarf/Scout Gekko in GW's Server Room.

Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:38 pm
Reply to topic   [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5