View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 8:14 am

Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Metal Gear Solid: Rising 

Post Re: Metal Gear Solid: Rising
This is basically just to show off how good the Move tech is. Hey, at least we'll know this will be quality. Look at the Wii with its Wii Sports and Red Steel- though it is kind of debatable whether Red Steel was a crappy rushed job to showcase the Wii or just a shitty game on the Wii, as all Wii games are shitty.

Muhahaha start the flame war!

Thu Jun 17, 2010 5:39 am
Loose Canon

Speaking as a Wii owner, I can pretty much agree.
Mwahahahaha! Flame War Ended!

Thu Jun 17, 2010 5:50 am
Profile WWW

Wii games aren't that bad, in my opinion. It just aims towards a different audience than most other systems.

But yeah, the Move is going to rock.

Thu Jun 17, 2010 5:53 am
Profile WWW

Yea, I own a Wii as well. Waste of money imo, im not going to buy anything else of theirs until I get a real console, gimme a new N64 pleaaaaase...
I am fairly confident that the Move will handle the game well. No way that Sony would screw over Konami... No way in hell...

I just realized that this is the most I have ever posted >_>
I feel strongly about my MGS :D

Thu Jun 17, 2010 5:59 am

It doesn't look like it really will be using the Move, guys. Look at it when you see the reticle for selecting the direction of cut. It looks more like you use the analog stick or something.

Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:01 pm

♥♥♥♥, where are weapons????

Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:25 pm
Profile ICQ

My bet is that the main focus of the game is Raiden getting cyborged up, and getting Sonny and all that. So it would be a good guess actually, that the game could be half and half stealth and sword play.

I bet its gonna be swords and guns.

Thu Jun 17, 2010 4:42 pm

Yea this game is morphing from Espionage action with snake to the mortal combat with cyborg raiden.... nice another killed game :(

Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:25 pm
Profile ICQ

Your missing the point.
Im still gonna get it, its gonna be epic, even if it moves away from the stealth...
In my opinion, Splinter Cell has better stealth gameplay. MGS is more about the story, for sure...

Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:47 pm

Main fault is the : There is NO Snake! Main person of the MGS saga
Yea i know there is more story than stealth, but for this reason, you play a Movie...

P.S. i know Splinter cell is more stealth

Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:52 pm
Profile ICQ

Splinter Cell stealth is this: enemy is in pursuit of you, you jump up and into semi-shadowy area. With ENVG on, there is a clearly visible light. But the enemy walks below you, practically running into you, and as he turns around he blissfully ignores your goggles' light. How realistic. MGS stealth? You use the right kind of camouflage, and they have a lower chance of seeing you; they may catch you via hearing, seeing, smelling you. That's a hell-of-a-lot better. And yeah, you'll get it, it'll be epic, but there won't be any good stealth games out there anymore. Name one. Splinter Cell: Conviction is moving away from the stealth formula, too. There won't BE any stealth games out there. And thinking it's half-and-half stealth/sword? Uh...no. To quote Wikipedia, "Players will still have a degree of freedom to play the game as a stealth title, though the stealth sequences will emphasize Raiden's considerable speed and agility." In other words, instead of sneaking around and having a chance at dying if you get caught, what'll happen is you'll run around the rooftops flying past troops who have no time to react to you. If you DO get cornered, you're superhuman anyway and so you just cut them up. Hell, you don't even seem to DIE easily. Anyone else notice in the trailer that Raiden was doing fine while being shot by like 3 soldiers, taking his time to cut an enemy into bits? Yeah...no challenge, either.

TL;DR: Splinter Cell has shitty stealth anyway, MGS was the only good stealth franchise. And both are moving away from it, so there will be no more stealth games. And 50/50 stealth/swordplay is implausible, as the stealth that IS present is basically running around and not giving enemies time to respond. Also, it looks insanely easy as your sword is overpowered, and you take pretty much no damage, it seems, surviving point-blank fire from 3 soldiers at once.

EDIT: "Development is focused less on stealth and more on swordfighting action." Yeah, that confirms it, there's gonna be hardly any stealth.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metal_Gear_Solid:_Rising - All found there, in the Gameplay section, first paragraph.

Thu Jun 17, 2010 8:13 pm

It's very possible that Sony/Microsoft is paying them shitloads of money to make this game, just to show off the Playstation Move/Kinect.

So it's entirely possible that after this they might make a stealth oriented game.

Thu Jun 17, 2010 8:29 pm
Profile WWW
Loose Canon

This is yet another reason for me to get a PS3. How much are they going for these days, anyway?

Thu Jun 17, 2010 8:36 pm
Profile WWW

♥♥♥♥, new games are really ♥♥♥♥, most of they have formula : Better Graphic/Worser playing. I searching a game with worser graphics (such as CC) with fun and nice play
hate the games from the year 2009+....really ♥♥♥♥.
Remember the NFS Underground 2, compared to new NFS Shift or Underworld (i forget the name :D), or Stronghold Crusader Vs Stronghold 2? For the Action i compare multiplayer of Call of duty 4 and 6....what is better....of course 4 :)
Not long ago i buyed FFXIII....perfect graphic, nice story....but the game is for the losers if i compare it with FFVII or VIII or IX or X, for the me, these are best RPGs forever
Its only my opinion....dont flame me!

P.S. if you dont understand, SORRY, im only 15years old kid which lives in Czech Republic

Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:17 pm
Profile ICQ
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

CC ain't got bad graphics, just hand drawn sprites compared to fancy 3d graphics.

Then you got the nostalgia vs actual gameplay, if it was a game you usd to play, that you had some good memories of, then you will just keep those memories.
Newer games (the generic game atleast) DO tend to be less "sturdy" thanks to most things are supposed to be destructible and this causing buggy things to happen.

Last edited by Lizardheim on Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:19 pm
Reply to topic   [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next