View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:58 am

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 inFAMOUS 2 

Post inFAMOUS 2
Well, I loved inFAMOUS. Great game, it made me feel like I was not ALL-powerful, but I could kick some serious ass.

We saw that Cole now has ice powers eventually. Oh, he looks different and has a different voice actor, too...unfortunate, but I can deal with it. Then he has a melee weapon, too.

This game? Yeah, you start out as powerful as you were in the first game at the END. As the guy at the booth in E3 put it, "You start out as a super hero, and end up as a, uh, SUPER-super hero."
Kotaku had an article on it that furthers that belief. Apparently, there are large-scale destructibles such as entire ♥♥♥♥ BUILDINGS. Yeah, and there are massive, non-scripted enemies just as maneuverable as you. This game is becoming what the first one SHOULD have been.

Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:59 pm

Post Re: inFAMOUS 2
ugh. I hate "lolololol i am all powerful and crush everything" games.

I liked the modesty of InFamous 1 (which is the way you're actually suppose to type it)

Fri Jun 18, 2010 11:34 pm
REAL AMERICAN HERO

can you climb chain link fences yet

Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:23 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Ociamarru wrote:
Apparently, there are large-scale destructibles such as entire ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ BUILDINGS. Yeah, and there are massive, non-scripted enemies just as maneuverable as you. This game is becoming what the first one SHOULD have been.

Ive never played inFAMOUS before, but just the bit bolded makes me want to. I hope they have some form of karma system, I want to be evil and level cities.

Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:07 pm
Profile WWW

Prototype had destructible buildings and all it really was is whale on this big rectangular prism for a few minutes until it makes a bunch of dust and sinks into the ground to be replaced by a rubble model.

Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:31 pm
Profile WWW
REAL AMERICAN HERO

Ophanim wrote:
Prototype had destructible buildings and all it really was is whale on this big rectangular prism for a few minutes until it makes a bunch of dust and sinks into the ground to be replaced by a rubble model.

yeah that's the gold standard in "destructible buildings"

good thing it's such EXCITING NEW TECH that mercenaries and a whole class of other games could do it on the ps2/xbox

Sat Jun 19, 2010 7:16 pm
Loose Canon

cough Red Faction: Guerilla cough

Sat Jun 19, 2010 7:32 pm
Profile WWW

NINJA'd

Sat Jun 19, 2010 7:35 pm
Profile WWW

Ophanim wrote:

I have a feeling it'll be a bit better than that; I'm assuming you didn't read the article.
"The effect was so amazing the first time I saw it - the game's star Cole MacGrath took out a helicopter and several buildings with it - that I asked the developers to show it to me again and again, convinced it was really just an elaborate cut-scene. It wasn't."

Yeah, that doesn't sound like Prototype/Mercenaries/Incredible Hulk. Unless you really thought that was an elaborate cutscene.

Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:12 pm
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]