View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:20 pm

Reply to topic  [ 291 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 20  Next
 Left 4 Dead 

Post Left 4 Dead

I pre-ordered it, and I've yet to see anything about it that doesn't appear awesome.

Here's the obligatory wikipedia copy-pasta.

Left 4 Dead (abbreviated L4D) is an upcoming multiplayer co-operative survival horror first-person shooter game by Valve Corporation. The game has been built using Valve's Source engine and will be available on Microsoft Windows and the Xbox 360.
Left 4 Dead pits four human playable or AI controlled survivors of an apocalyptic pandemic against hordes of aggressive "Infected". The Survivors' goal is to help each other make it through various scenarios to safety. The Infected are controlled by an AI that dynamically balances difficulty and mood depending on the players' progress and situation. In an alternate game mode, human players can control up to four mutated Boss Infected with special abilities and cooperate to stop the Survivor players.
The expected release date for Left 4 Dead is November 18, 2008 in the United States and November 21, 2008 in Europe to coincide with the tenth anniversary of the release of Half-Life. A demo will be available on 11th November for PC and Xbox 360 users, or 6th if you have pre-ordered.

This is a very good video showing the hospital level.
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=xJAr-yo-z94

This will answer the majority of your questions regarding levels, game mechanics and weapons.
http://www.left4dead411.com/left-4-dead-preview-index

Cue pictures:
Smoker

Boomer, modeled on Gabe himself.

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t280/left4dead411/screenshots/hunter-close.jpg
Hunter (URL as it's massive)

Concept art for the Tank.

The survivors, though the models have been changed slightly since this I think.

AWESOME TRAILER MOVIE:http://uk.gamespot.com/pc/action/left4dead/video/6200402/left-4-dead-official-movie-1?hd=1

Last edited by TrouserDemon on Sat Nov 01, 2008 1:57 am, edited 2 times in total.

Sat Oct 18, 2008 4:40 am

Post Re: Left 4 Dead
Slightly? The survivors all look ♥♥♥♥ retarded now. Honestly, we've got the biker from the Village People, AND Dave Chapelle!

Edit: Old war veteran still looks good.

Edit2: Boomer stole Altair's animations.

Sat Oct 18, 2008 4:54 am
Profile WWW

They're not that bad, I think they'll look better in the dark and after getting dirty.

Oh yeah Left 4 Dead has you getting filthier as Boomers vomit on you and stuff btw.

Sat Oct 18, 2008 4:59 am

I still don't wanna be stuck playing as Dave Chapelle.

Sat Oct 18, 2008 5:42 am
Profile WWW

You won't notice, unless you're very familiar with Dave Chapelle's arms, it's first person.

Oh and the Hunter ripped off Assassins Creed, the Boomer is the fat guy.

Sat Oct 18, 2008 5:45 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Seems stereotypical;

Black guy, White Guy, Chick, A dude that has fought before; in a zompocalypse.
( I hope I don't offend someone, seriously, racial sensitivity is at a skyrocket... :( )

... I'll check it out... Later

Sat Oct 18, 2008 6:39 am

Location: Behind a DarKlone, trying to pierce its fudging armor!
Honestly, I can't wait for this. Judging by the videos it's as fast paced as Counter-Strike can be (freaking hate that game now) but the 4 person co-op zombie survivor seems perfect for what I've been looking for in my next co-op game. Who cares if the weapons aren't accurate in the "firemode setting" or "amount of ammo", the changes they've made to the weapons are an insanely welcomed change because of how fast paced this thing is. This game looks fun. Very fun.

Sat Oct 18, 2008 8:52 am

It'll be the first game I buy when i get my PC so me my bro and his friends can all play with each other.

Sat Oct 18, 2008 10:04 am
Profile WWW

I've got this pre-ordered, I hope it encourages developers to take co-op more seriously.

Sat Oct 18, 2008 11:48 am

capnbubs wrote:
I've got this pre-ordered, I hope it encourages developers to take co-op more seriously.

Yes. I love playing co-operative with my brother, it's a shame they don't have it in many console games nowadays.

Sat Oct 18, 2008 1:03 pm
Profile WWW

Effort? Why? Everyone eats up the ♥♥♥♥ we put out anyway!

Sat Oct 18, 2008 2:19 pm
Profile WWW

Because making this took no effort at all.

Regardless of what it took to make it, it still looks really fun.

I agree Valve does have it pretty easy though.

Sat Oct 18, 2008 2:57 pm

Inf. pistol ammo, no unlockable weapons, more linearity then we're being let on to see.

I'm pretty sure this game took ZERO ♥♥♥♥ EFFORT.

Sat Oct 18, 2008 3:30 pm
Profile WWW

The pistol ammo is to stop people bawing when they waste all their ammo and get killed.

From the gameplay videos the pistol seems fairly inadequate as a weapon, particularly when you encounter bosses.

Anyway, how do you know there'll be no extra weapons? From what I've heard it'll be supported like TF2 and certainly get extra campaigns, extra weapons doesn't seem a huge leap of the imagination.

Yeah it's probably gonna be fairly linear, but it won't get old too fast with the new maps released and the modding community.

Sat Oct 18, 2008 3:35 pm

TrouserDemon wrote:
The pistol ammo is to stop people bawing when they waste all their ammo and get killed.

From the gameplay videos the pistol seems fairly inadequate as a weapon, particularly when you encounter bosses.

Anyway, how do you know there'll be no extra weapons? From what I've heard it'll be supported like TF2 and certainly get extra campaigns, extra weapons doesn't seem a huge leap of the imagination.

Yeah it's probably gonna be fairly linear, but it won't get old too fast with the new maps released and the modding community.

So in other words what you're saying is in a year there'll be 3 or 4 new weapons?

Sat Oct 18, 2008 3:56 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 291 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 20  Next