View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:17 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Instant Kingdom Games 

Post Instant Kingdom Games
Instant Kingdom is an independent game development studio based in Jyväskylä, Finland. The studio was started by Ville Mönkkönen in 1998, and is now comprised of Ville and his wife Anne Mönkkönen.
Enough boring stuff, on to their games.

Driftmoon
Driftmoon is a roleplaying game currently being developed.

Explore the enchanting world of Driftmoon, choosing your own paths and quests. Search, find, be surprised! Develop yourself and your skills, face dangers, and fight new foes. If you play your cards right, some of your excentric new friends may even join you, when your strive to solve the mystery tormenting this beautiful world.

Notrium
Introduction

You have crash-landed on planet Notrium. Your food supplies are running low, a pack of predatory aliens have got your scent. There are no more bullets for your pistol, your only weapon a handful of rocks. The night is coming, and you are desperately looking for wood to make a fire. Notrium is a game of survival. Originally released in 2003.

Survival, Exploration and Action

An integral part of the game is finding enough food and supplies to survive through the cold, dark nights.
Exploring the alien ruins and bases you can find various items, which can be combined to make weapons and equipment.
Most of Notrium’s inhabitants are not happy to see you. You can try getting past your enemies quietly, but often you will need either fast legs or a sharp aim.
Player Characters

The Human is weak, relying on weapons and items for survival.
The Android is very strong, but can only heal himself with repair units.
The Alien gains fearsome hunting skills through evolving.
The Psionic has unique mental powers, but cannot carry anything.

Moddable
Notrium is a very moddable game. Several high quality mods are available. Join our modding community to make a mod yourself, or help others.

They also have 4 older games:
Magebane 2 is a single player strategic roleplaying game where you command three monks on a quest to recover the holy Amulet of Yendor. Each monk masters a different school of magic, and you must find a balance in upgrading your skills in order to defeat your numerous enemies. Also, you can find various items to enhance your abilities.

Wazzal is a single player space privateering game. The game starts when you capture a ship to become an interplanetary pirate. The idea is to fly your ships in our solar system and accomplish missions while gathering a fleet of ships to fight even more dangerous enemies.

In Bikez 2 you are a mercenary biker in a near future dark city. The local criminal faction, Bikez, has just signed a contract with you about completing a series of missions including a whole lot of killing and blood. Complete increasingly more difficult missions while gathering money to upgrade your four fully customizable weapons.

And The Forge is a gladiator fight game. Your job is to manage your gladiator from crummy division three to the final point of winning the famed division one. Each won fight earns you money to better equip your gladiator to fight even bigger foes.

Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:04 pm

Post Re: Instant Kingdom Games
I've played both notrium and wazzal. They are both high quality games, not in the graphical aspect, but the gameplay is solid. Especialy in Notrium. BUT, you'll need a lot of pacience because rambo'ing won't work. Altough some classes are really a lot easier to handle then others. The robot and human for example, while the alien and psionic are a lot harder.(probably get easier later on.)

tl;dr
Good games but if you couldn't take the time to read that, you really won't like them.

Tue Jul 20, 2010 3:25 pm
happy carebear mom

Notrium is SOLID. I dunno how many hours I spent on that, but it was a lot. The best survival game I've played, and very fun at that.

Tue Jul 20, 2010 6:08 pm

I will look in to this after school. Sounds fun.

Tue Jul 20, 2010 6:15 pm

I love you man.
The survival game is really nice, although it took me a while to work out that B is break apart, so I could break up the psionics tags.
I've done nothing of note so far in it, but it's still fun... one-shotting the Queens with Psionic Blast.

Trying out the in-production RPG. Pretty nice so far.

Tue Jul 20, 2010 6:22 pm

I've been playing Notrium since it came out. Amazing game, it's a game that actually feels like a struggle for survival.

Wed Jul 21, 2010 7:09 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Ah yes, Notrium. My old Rival in gaming. I spent a Good all nighter on that game, and Im proud of it. Good game.

Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:54 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]