View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:37 am

Reply to topic  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Ace Combat 7: Assault Horizon 

Post Re: Ace Combat 7: Assault Horizon
There are no 'sea goddesses' in the game. The only 'supernatural' thing, really, is the Legend of Razgriz, and even that is just a story added for cosmetic effect which has no physical bearing on the gameplay. There aren't any actual demons in the game that you fight.

AC3 was the most fantastic of them all- there's a mission in outer space (which was great fun, and physically realistic, but you were armed with plasma missiles etc), a mission where you destroy nanobite virus nests using specialized bombs, and two dogfights against two super-powerful planes: the first of which takes place in an underground city, and the second of which takes place in cyber-space (hence the name, Ace Combat 3: Electrosphere.), and most of the end-game planes are uberly fast and maneuverable and have weapons like laser cannons and orbital satellite laser strikes. Oh, and if you have psxFIN or ePSXe, or any other Playstation 1 emulator, you can download AC3 here by PM'ing me because I'm not sure if publicly posting those download links is a good idea :P

Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:45 pm

Right. My mistake then. Only saw the trailer anyway, didn't take the time to read reviews like I should have...

Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:46 pm

Anyways, something that I find interesting: All of the Ace Combat games so far were set in fictional worlds, with countries like Yuktobania, Osea, Belka, etc, but this one is apparently set in the real world- you can see a map of the US in the briefing, and they also mention Miami in the trailer.

I'm also a bit sad to see that it's a little more serious-action-oriented than the previous titles. 5 in particular, which was pretty emotional throughout the whole game.

Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:50 am

Why hello there.

Sun Jun 05, 2011 6:44 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

ACE COMBAT Y U NO PC GAME

Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:39 pm

<3

Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:52 pm
happy carebear mom

Seems Ace Combat's getting around lately, there's one coming on the 3DS as well.

Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:32 pm

Huh. Honestly, I can't see how that would translate well at all. Not because it's a portable installment- the PSP installments work fine because the PSP is relatively close in its layout to any PlayStation controller. But on a DS?

Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:52 pm

This game looks awesome.

Actually correction, those trailers look awesome.

Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:18 pm
Profile WWW

Some sort of explosive, judging by those huge explosions being mentioned twice. Seeing as they appear to be undetectable, it's either a stealth weapon or a twap of some sorts.

Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:36 pm
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

Suitcase hydrogen bomb.

Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:47 pm

Yeah I can see that.

The Russians have a satellite up there, and you just see two Russian astronauts chucking suitcases from space.

Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:04 pm
Profile WWW

Throughout the series, most of the superweapons- Stonehenge, the Arkbird, the SOLG, Excalibur, and so on- have all been goddamn huge weapons with large ranges. Some have been stationary, others have been somewhat mobile, but they've all been easily detectable (once they fire, at least), so I think you're right that this weapon might be something a little more portable. I think it's unique and one-of-a-kind, though, and not something like mass produced tactical suitcase nukes. It's hard to guess what exactly it will be. Based on those explosions in the trailer, it seems like the effect of the explosion starts from the ground and goes up, as opposed to the air-burst explosions of cruise missiles and other superweapons, which makes me think this weapon is activated by impact.

EDIT: I just had a bit of an idea. If the weapon is ranged, as usual, and is stealthy/undetectable, it may be intended to work something like the railgun mounted on REX in Metal Gear Solid. For the uninformed, it essentially launched small nuclear warheads using electromagnetic rails to accelerate them without the use of propellant, since missiles are most easily detected by their fuel being burned. I could see some sort of launcher being used to fire explosives at medium to long ranges without being detected. Now, I'm not saying that this launcher happens to be a railgun attached to a 15m tall mecha armed with Gatling cannons, anti-tank missiles, and a free-electron laser, I'm just saying it may operate on a similar principle. Wouldn't surprise me since we've had an entire railgun system used as a superweapon before.

Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:23 pm

He looks like he's speaking greek but okay.

Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:48 am
Profile WWW

Great, now I have to change my shorts again.

Sun Jul 10, 2011 4:13 am
Reply to topic   [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2