View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:52 am

Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
 My Morrowind! (Pictures) 

Do you guys want a super duper guide to making Morrowind play better and look sexier?
Yes! 67%  67%  [ 14 ]
No! 33%  33%  [ 7 ]
Total votes : 21

My Morrowind! (Pictures) 

Post My Morrowind! (Pictures)
Click for larger!
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

So! It's no secret that I absolutely adore Morrowind.
And now I've got it looking this good, I adore it even more. <3

But yeah, graphically speaking, there are more than a few issues at the moment.
The main two are the dodgy antialiasing in front of (in the pictures) banners and leaves, and that the trees themselves look fairly naff.
Apart from that, I still need to improve a couple of the textures, and get them to mesh together a bit nicer.

Also, I desperately want a good limeware replacer, it's just too darn low res at the moment.
Suffice to say, I'm working on it.

Apart from the graphical sex oozing from those screenshots, I've also got a fair few gameplay mods running, mostly the obvious stuff; graphic herbalism (not really a graphics mod, I swear), Galsiah's Character Development, Pursuit Enhanced, Less Generic NPCs, etc.

Now basically, I want to know, does anyone care?
Would you benefit from a mega-Morrowind guide? I'd probably split it into gameplay/graphics, with any other sections as necessary.
But obviously, I don't want to waste my time doing it if no one cares.

Do you care?

Last edited by Petethegoat on Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:34 am, edited 2 times in total.

Mon Dec 20, 2010 6:11 pm
Profile WWW
Loose Canon

Post Re: Morrowind!
YOU BASTARD AGAIN WITH THE PICTURES.

Mon Dec 20, 2010 6:16 pm
Profile WWW
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

:shock:

ME WANTIE-WANTIE NAOW!

Mon Dec 20, 2010 6:32 pm

Oh the memories, how many hours i spent in this game.
Way better than that leveled list crap oblivion.
The only thing suck in Morrowind is that you can't hit ♥♥♥♥ untill you levelup your weapon skill.
Btw theres probably hundreds of mods by now that improve graphics in morrowind so theres no point in this thread.

Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:31 pm

Ok
1) Millions of pictures that you made everyone see. Please do something with them :)
2) no.

Mon Dec 20, 2010 8:10 pm

Very nice MW you have there, but you can do prettier. Much prettier.

IMO only grapical mod MW really lacks is normalmapping, and I bet someone would have done it if the engine could handle it... Shame really, it could add so much depth to the game.

Mon Dec 20, 2010 8:46 pm

Skiv wrote:
Please do something with them :)

Would you elaborate on that? :)

And Maximdude, I agree.
What would you say the main areas for improvement are? The trees?

And yeah, normal mapping would be awesome.

Edit:
I think I'll probably write a nice guide for all this, but good places to start are here, here, and here for detailed info on the graphics extender.

As far as texture packs go, I gather most people start with Connary's textures, Vibrant Morrowind, or my personal choice, the Morrowind Visual pack.
I prefer Visual pack over the others for the most part, but it does have some really piss-poor textures hiding amongst the good stuff. Anything with Hlaalu architecture looks atrocious, and I dislike their choices for Imperial buildings for the most part, but with some customisation and patience, I definitely would take it over either of the other two.
I'll go into detail with customisation in the actual guide.

Edit the second:
Also, I figure I may as well pimp my mod while I'm here:
Better Heads Dunmer Texture Fix
If anyone here uses Better Heads and Better Bodies together, you'll probably have noticed that Dunmer heads don't match their bodies.
No longer an issue, because it was annoying me way too much.

Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:00 pm
Profile WWW

Post Re: My Morrowind! (Pictures)
That does look considerably nicer, but like I told you, pete, this machine just can't handle OCD level graphic upgrades, so I'd be interested in gameplay mods, but not graphical stuff.

Tue Dec 21, 2010 6:35 pm

As I said before, that is partially a blessing.
I've just made a pewter replacer because the low poly pewter meshes were bothering me.

With gameplay mods, they tend to be not quite so time consuming. :)

Anyways, I'd recommend the following:
Less Generic NPCs -This is awesome. Just after I first started using it, I was travelling to various places to test out my textures, and I spent a good five minutes speaking to a Silt Strider... operator? Eh. It's impressive stuff, even if the quality does vary slightly.

Galsiah's Character Development -I can't remember what the Vanilla Morrowind levelling is like. From what I've read, that's a good thing.

Pursuit Enhanced -Let's people/some creatures chase you through doors. Essential, though it does make certain parts quite a bit harder when you can't just run through a door and sleep for six hours. Morrowind is too easy anyways.

Morrowind Cities Unlocked & Morrowind Bandits Unlocked -This is very cool, as it adds keys for most doors and containers in the game. Simple, but good stuff.

Morrowind Patch Project -Fixes lots of stuff. You won't notice it, but it fixes lots of quest bugs and such.

Passive Healthy Wildlife -This is oh-so important. Fixes the enraged wildlife on Vvardenfell. No more unprovoked cliff racer attacks.

Delayed Dark Brotherhood Attacks -If you have Tribunal (you should, Bloodmoon as well), then you'll know that your new characters get attacks from assassins, in a somewhat illogical fashion. No more, the attacks now wait until you're someone important; leader of a Great House, or Guildmaster of one of the guilds, etc. Vital.

Okay, that'll do for now. I hope that is helpful in some way. :P

Tue Dec 21, 2010 6:55 pm
Profile WWW

Those mostly look like the kind of things that would have been handier before I was 100% [or more] skilled in everything, [spoilers:] neravarine, god slayer, and hircine's champion.
Well, maybe they'll be nice for a future character, when I start another one in a couple years.

Are there any additive sort of gameplay mods you'd highly recommend? Most of what I come across seems to either replace existent stuff, or seem low-quality.

Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:27 pm

Tamriel Rebuilt Get both map 1 and 2, though last I heard only map 1 has quests.
Silgrad Tower -Make sure you get the Morrowind version, not the Oblivion one.
Annastia

I haven't tried these myself, as I don't really need them yet.
See here for more info on them.

Also, I didn't mention this earlier, but you need the Morrowind Code Patch -literally, if you want to try out Tamriel Rebuilt.
Make sure you tick the Map Expansion box.

Edit:
In addition, I've heard lots of good things about Darknut's Greater Dwemer Ruins, so you might want to look at that for next time you're doing the main quest.

Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:40 pm
Profile WWW

I hate Morrowind, it consumes your life.
So I guess I spent a couple of hours making a Moon Sugar replacer.
I'll put up a DL link once it's been accepted on PES.

In retrospect, putting it on a piece of paper probably wasn't the best choice, but OH WELL IT'S MY FIRST MESH REPLACER I'M PROUD ANYWAY.

Also, I ran Barnox through setting up MGE and getting some basic mods going, so I'm a little clearer on what I need to cover if I make a guide.
If I ever stop modding the damn thing. :(

Thu Dec 23, 2010 1:19 am
Profile WWW

Petethegoat wrote:
Also, I ran Barnox through setting up MGE and getting some basic mods going, so I'm a little clearer on what I need to cover if I make a guide.
If I ever stop modding the damn thing. :(

The game now looks beautiful.
People have faces and genders.
Pete is a beautiful person.

Thu Dec 23, 2010 1:41 am

<3

Anyway, Moon Sugar replacer got accepted.
Get it here if it's ever bothered you at all.

Thu Dec 23, 2010 5:20 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 14 posts ]