View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:01 am

Reply to topic  [ 550 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37  Next
 The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 

Post Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
Miggles wrote:
Why the ♥♥♥♥ would you not have a Steam.

HoHoHo the bottle of rum! I use to buy great games but you can't pimp me, sorry Valve.
111herbert111 wrote:
I found this game a little dreary to be honest, the combat was still really shallow under the facade of epic dual-wielding and it lacked the bizarre alien world of Morrowind or the classical beauty of Oblivion.
Also a PS3 owner, that may affect my bias a bit.
/gottabedifferent

I also felt a bit dissapointed by melee combat, way too basic, I remember more complexity in assassins creed ONE
fighting templars and muslim guards, dodging, counterattacking, grabbing them... that was combat... but skyrim is:

And we better not start talking about horses, WE BETTER NOT.
Izen wrote:
There is apparently a high quality texture pack freely available on Steam.

You fool! of course it is free, it has been the most popular mod showing the incompetence of Bethesda
leaving decent-pc gamers behind in the name of productivity and you just think you're receiving a precious gift :sad:

Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:23 am
Loose Canon

Naxete wrote:
assassins creed
Naxete wrote:
skyrim
I think I've found the problem.
You're comparing apples to celery.

Wed Feb 08, 2012 7:20 am
Profile WWW

Naxete:

I'm sorry but I had to come out of hibernation to yell at you because someone is wrong on the internet.

Assassin's creed 1 had a simplistic style of combat that worked best when you simply held the counter attack button and then got a 1 hit kill on every single enemy, everything else was a waste of time and quite annoying.

Bethesda is not incompetent. Releasing the high resolution pack as free DLC allows those with superior computers to enjoy better graphics without going the way of Crysis and making their game so intensive that it's the benchmark of a $2000 PC.

And you appear to have some sort of issue against Steam, for no reason. Perhaps you've turned to piracy? And sir that is illegal. Steam is not pimping anyone in anyway. They provide a wonderful service at no extra fee. Sometimes the cost of games is greatly lowered on Steam.

There is so much wrong with what you say that I'm convinced you're either trolling us or you've listened to Fox News your whole life.

Wed Feb 08, 2012 7:49 am

@TorrentHKU:
Following the logic, booth "vegetables" compete inside the same industry,
booth franchises own enough economic power to allow themselves to include
a more complex than "ping-pong" fighting system + debugging it, so why not
do the things right? I mean, we can't take seriously the promises pre-launch
like "A new game which will revolutionize all the gaming experiences like never before"...

I was afraid of too much hype and I was not completely wrong, it is just an
oblivion 2.0 with Zbrush, that's why I wanted to mod, to complete some parts
which look like... absent of work, currently I'm amazed hardcore gamers purchase
empty cardboard cakes :lol:

@Kelas:
Assasins creed had the best melee fighting system out of fighting games in his release date... its true,
it could be more complex, but it was a great achievement inside adventure games, whatever you say.

Bethesda is not incompetent just lazy and mean. I'm not complaining Bethesda did not include very high quality
texture inside the game, being able to do it, I'm disgusted by the way they release it, like a miraculous bless...

Are you blind? How long have you been playing videogames? are you telling me that like a zombie
you've completely agreed to intermediaries moves themselves between you and the product you've
purchased to take a piece of YOUR cake? when I pay for something I want it to be fully mine, its a matter
of morals not piracy, Steam gave me countless problems in past, nowadays its just a leecher taking advantage
of brainless idiots like you asking for badges or popularity, I'm aware of discounts and that's not even close enough.

I know piracy its illegal and I am the only who decides what I pay, not going to say thanks every time a game
franchise decide to puke disgusting content in my mouth... the games what are enjoyed should be recognized.

P.D.: I've never seen FOX news, keep those fascist references inside your borders.

Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:08 am
Loose Canon

Naxete wrote:
Following the logic, booth "vegetables" compete inside the same industry,
booth franchises own enough economic power to allow themselves to include
a more complex than "ping-pong" fighting system + debugging it, so why not
do the things right? I mean, we can't take seriously the promises pre-launch
like "A new game which will revolutionize all the gaming experiences like never before"

This tells me you don't know how the game industry actually works. You have a certain amount of time and resources to do things, and unless you're making a fighting game, then you aren't going to put the vast majority on combat. TES games are massive, and require a massive world that needs a massive amount of content. Hell, just fleshing out the systems for the other skills takes a long time. TES games have never been prided on their combat anyway; you play them for the world, for the stories, for the "Holy crap what's that over there, let's go check it out OH HOLY ♥♥♥♥ IT'S A CASTLE FILLED WITH ZOMBIES AWESOME!" factor.

Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:14 am
Profile WWW

The combat in Assassin's Creed, all of them really, were very lacking in my opinion. Simple button press, win cake mechanics that got tedious by the middle of the game.

I don't see the release of the HD pack and creation kit plastered all over Steam's main page or even on Bethesda's main site. I didn't know it existed until I read the release news for Skyrim. They aren't even mailing DVDs of the pack out to people. It doesn't feel like a blessing to me. It feels like a nice little addition...a free DLC if you will.

I've been playing video games since before you were born. At least, that's the general feel I get from this conversation.
Sure, you don't completely own games you purchase through Steam, but that's a non-issue unless you're using "password1" as your password or you are engaging in shady activities that endanger the integrity of your account.

If you're referring to achievements when you say "badges or popularity"; those are a non issue. No one cares about them, and in most games they only serve to add goals for those who have beaten a game and want some extra challenges.
I'm not saying you should run out and purchase each game that comes out on day one just cause Steam allows it. If you purchase poor video games then it's really your fault for not being an intelligent consumer and reading reviews from multiple sources and watching videos on the games.

Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:26 am

Kelas wrote:
They aren't even mailing DVDs of the pack out to people. It doesn't feel like a blessing to me. It feels like a nice little addition...a free DLC if you will.

That's a little bit exaggerated, they haven't flood the internet with it, but since a couple of weeks that
was a free mod with no extra content and DLCs SHOULD add extra content to the game, but I'm afraid
the description of DLCs is too ambiguous, on purpose...

I used to spend fortunes on coins in playing rooms with friends, you were playing before 1994? I don't buy it.

About data remembering, my memory sucks like the stinkiest crap and I doubt you can comprehend how
nice does it feels to lose games thanks to 3rd vampiric entities which don't give me anything at all...

I never felt deceived by my taste as customer, I think this industry is a capitalistic rotten abomination and should
treat customers with more respect, not like trucking numbers and statistics, there's feelings behind the numbers.

Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:08 am

Anyway, Skyrims a great game, only one problem.

I really miss being able to do this.

Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:28 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

So the Creation Kit has come out, and the Steam mod Workshop with that. Apparantly Valve released a mod of their own for Skryim:

Poor fella is a long way from home!

Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:18 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Naxete wrote:
before 1994

I most certainly know I was gaming back then.

Mainly thanks to this old thing

I never had many games, pretty much just Missile Command, Space Invaders and ET.

And seriously, ♥♥♥♥ that game.

But on topic, I eagerly await the update of the Tytanis mod, simply so I can update my version. I care not for the features, just for the updating.

Just kidding. I want capes. And capes alone. It is all I care about in Skyrim is how I am lacking a cape.

Also, this

Wed Feb 08, 2012 5:15 pm
Profile WWW

Already found a Russian gun mod.
Time to turn Skyrim into a total Steampunk world. Yes.

Thu Feb 09, 2012 4:00 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

:shock:

Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:22 pm
Profile WWW

And my computer is still ♥♥♥♥ T___T.

Someone send me a graphic card please </3

Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:53 pm

caekdaemon wrote:

:shock:

One of the comments: "NASA called. They want their computer back."

Holy ♥♥♥♥, a bunch of mods, some 1200 NPCs, and HD quality? Seriously, what is he running?

Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:50 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Ragdollmaster wrote:
Holy ♥♥♥♥, a bunch of mods, some 1200 NPCs, and HD quality? Seriously, what is he running?

I don't even have the first idea.

I'm guessing he might be cross firing some graphics cards.

But that's only a guess.

Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:59 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 550 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37  Next