View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:11 pm

Reply to topic  [ 132 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
 Nation States 

Universal Standard Time
Yes 65%  65%  [ 15 ]
No 4%  4%  [ 1 ]
Undecided/Abstain 30%  30%  [ 7 ]
Total votes : 23

Nation States 
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

Post Re: Nation States
Rename it the People's Republic of Pepperonia and instal a puppet goverment for the pizza corporations.

Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:56 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

WalkableBuffalo wrote:
What's that poll for anyway?

It's actually from when we used to be part of the World Assembly. I'll replace it with a modern vote once I get accepted back into the world assembly.

Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:20 am
Profile WWW

Lizardheim wrote:
Rename it the People's Republic of Pepperonia and instal a puppet goverment for the pizza corporations.

I love the sound of that, shame I can't rename my country, maybe I'll constantly create new countries until I get one with a booming pizza industry

Fri Aug 03, 2012 2:15 am
A HUMAN BRAIN, SAFELY INSULATED FROM THE TERRORS OF HYPERSPACE

Location: Somewhere beyond the endless sea of hyperspace, fighting for your right to call a planet home.
Just wanted to take this time to remind all of you that I am the best.

Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:49 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Canis is awesome in all the things that matter.

Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:35 pm
Profile WWW

Nation States wrote:
The Issue

Tragedy struck CrazyMLC today, as a gunman killed three people in a suburban shooting rampage. The community is united in grief, but divided in opinion as to what should be done.

The Debate

The strongest voices demand tighter gun controls. "The only way to prevent further atrocities is to take the guns out of the hands of the murderers," says anti-gun campaigner Naki Broadside. "There's no justification for them in today's society. We need tighter regulations on who can hold guns, so only our police and military have them."

"That's not all we need," says radical left-wing activist Gretel Peters. "The government should ban all guns outright--even in the police force. This is an opportunity to make CrazyMLC a totally gun-free state."

"Guns don't kill people, people kill people," says NRA head honcho Alexei Goethe. "If you outlaw guns, only outlaws will have guns. Is that what we want? Think, people. The answer isn't to ban guns. It's to crack down on those Hollywood movies and computer games that glamorize violence. They're the real criminals."

Why do all of these positions suck.

Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:45 pm
Profile WWW

I just dismissed that issue, since all the options sucked, we all know taking guns away wouldn't do anything much anyway, and who doesn't like guns?

Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:18 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Meanwhile, in Canis Maximus
Quote:
The Issue
Members of a new weird religious cult, called the Order of Violet, ask for the government to appease their mighty god by offering Her a sacrifice of the human variety.

The Debate

"What have we got to lose?" says religious freedoms advocate Johann Laine. "Just cut up a few homeless folk - it appeases this group's bloodthirsty Goddess, gets rid of unsightly bums that drain welfare, and everybody goes home happy."

"We must go much further than a few beggars!" argues the overzealous High Member of the Order of Violet, Robin Yeats. "You must pass a law that everyone's first born child must be slaughtered, on live TV if possible. Think of the viewing figures!"

"You aren't going to listen to these whackjob Violetists, are you?" comments Miranda Chicago while leading a prayer group. "Human sacrifices! Surely we're too civilized to permit such barbaric practices! These lunatic fringe groups should be outlawed, and their leaders should be executed!"

"Who's being a lunatic?" retorts Larry Taffs of the Canis Minoris Humanitarian Society. "I agree that these practices ought to be outlawed, but instead of sinking to the same level of these fanatics and killing our fellow people, why not simply start a re-education program? Even the worst person can be rehabilitated into a useful member of society, with enough time, care, and lots and lots of funding!"

And
Quote:
12 days ago: Following new legislation in Canis Minoris, televangelists flaunt their expensive cars when they attend charity events.
12 days ago: Following new legislation in Canis Minoris, the government extracts trade concessions from poor nations in exchange for humanitarian aid.
12 days ago: Following new legislation in Canis Minoris, the government is reining in public spending.
12 days ago: Following new legislation in Canis Minoris, scientists regularly clone human beings for research purposes.
15 days ago: Canis Minoris was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Information Technology Sector.
16 days ago: Following new legislation in Canis Minoris, the nation's new foreign policy of 'very disproportionate retribution' has its neighbors on edge.
16 days ago: Following new legislation in Canis Minoris, military spending is on the increase.

Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:41 pm
Profile WWW

Quote:
17 hours ago: Following new legislation in Moloch Station, newborns are being raised as mindless killing machines.
17 hours ago: Following new legislation in Moloch Station, the nanny industry has had a boom after maternity leave was recently banned.
2 days 5 hours ago: Following new legislation in Moloch Station, frequent fliers are obliged to submit to invasive security procedures by government security.
2 days 17 hours ago: Following new legislation in Moloch Station, the nation's industries are scrambling to switch to biodegradable plastics.
3 days 5 hours ago: Following new legislation in Moloch Station, the police have reaffirmed their tough stance on drugs.
3 days 17 hours ago: Following new legislation in Moloch Station, Rugose Cthorrans deemed dangerous to the public are shot and hanged by the town hall as a warning to others.
3 days 17 hours ago: Following new legislation in Moloch Station, all beauty contests have been banned.
4 days ago: Following new legislation in Moloch Station, citizens must pay to enjoy Moloch Station's pristine beaches.
5 days ago: Following new legislation in Moloch Station, conscientious objectors are hanged as traitors.
5 days ago: Following new legislation in Moloch Station, the government is spending millions on renovating the public transportation system.

my policies only APPEAR to be schizophrenic because i'm running things within the context of spess colony

e.g. mass austerity, extreme government control, moderate environmental measures because space waste disposal is tough, and bans on anything frivolous (like fashion)

Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:31 pm

So this just popped up,

Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:46 am

i had that one

i really wish i hadn't pussied out and gone for option two

Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:03 pm

So, we're back down to two members if anyone wants to join/come back. Otherwise, Vireville and I will keep trucking along by ourselves.

Sun May 25, 2014 5:43 pm
Reply to topic   [ 132 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9