View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Jun 06, 2024 9:13 pm

Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Pokemon Monochrome 

Post Pokemon Monochrome
I am sort of surprised that a thread hasn't been started, so here goes nothing. Pokemon Black and White are both out!

I got White, simply because it has the awesome thunder dragon instead of the homosexual feather pile. I have played roughly six hours so far, so I am not far into the story. I got snivey, the grass starter. I am only leveling her right now, since I focus on a single, overpowered pokemon, rather than a team of them.

What is your team? What starter? Which game? Discussion begins now!

Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:16 am
Profile WWW
Loose Canon

Post Re: Pokemon Monochrome
Pokemon turned to ♥♥♥♥ after Gen 3. Except for HeartGold and SoulSilver, but those don't count since they're sorta Gen 2. Anyway, I don't intend to get Gen 5. If I DID then I'd choose the water otter, since I hate it the least out of the three. Pretty much every pokemon in Gen 5 is stone-cold retarded, though.
I mean, for christsakes, there's a ♥♥♥♥ soft-serve ice cream pokemon.

Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:22 am
Profile WWW

I grew up with the first generation. All these new fangled pokemon I just cant get along with. And anything past generation 3 is just RIDICULOUS.

IMO. <3

Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:50 am

http://forum.ninjarobotyeti.com/viewtop ... 923#p36923
my thoughts on pokemon in general, give or take a few years.

My girlfriend got White recently. From what I've seen of it, everything looks nice except the battle screen, where the pokemon are standing on noisy circles rather than any descriptive surface. They also scale and rotate pixel art like there's no tomorrow :P

Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:49 am
Profile WWW

I played Emerald and loved the crap out of that. I got Pearl after? Actually I'm not sure. Some DS one. I'd play Pokemon if it were possible to get to the high end multiplayer metagame without grinding to hell.

Tue Mar 15, 2011 6:03 am

Geti wrote:
http://forum.ninjarobotyeti.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1532&p=36923#p36923
my thoughts on pokemon in general, give or take a few years.

My girlfriend got White recently. From what I've seen of it, everything looks nice except the battle screen, where the pokemon are standing on noisy circles rather than any descriptive surface. They also scale and rotate pixel art like there's no tomorrow :P

I agree whole heartedly.

However, I've always wanted a realtime battle sort of thing. Where you could actually dodge and crap.

Tue Mar 15, 2011 6:56 am
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

4th gen is where it all went to hell.
However, ever tried those pokemon mystery dungeon games?
Realtime pokemon combat, well, as realtime as it gets for the moment anyways. I'ts pretty fun though.

Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:59 am

Honestly, I thought these new generations, especially V, were going to suck. I grew up with generation I, and beat Yellow with a single Nidoqueen that I named Queenie. Anyways, the only thing that I don't like about White is the pixel art rotations and scalings, as Geti stated previously. The Pokemon aren't all that bad, actually, and I love being able to use TM's as many times as you want, unlike in White's predecessors.

Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:32 pm
Profile WWW

Nostalgia glasses off, I think every generation has a pretty equal ratio of good:suck pokemon, to be honest.
Diamond and Pearl was probably the worst of all the games but Black/White is a big step forward, as they don't try to shove 600 pokemon down your throat and instead just focus on the new ones until you have completed most of the storyline.
Oh and there's actually a storyline this time too.

The games themselves improve with every generation as they add new features, although they still don't know how to balance competitive pokemon at all, it's just everyone is always going to prefer the game they started on because the core mechanics are never going to change.

Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:39 pm

dragonxp wrote:
I agree whole heartedly.

However, I've always wanted a realtime battle sort of thing. Where you could actually dodge and crap.
Me too, though I was speaking from a "what we've already had to experience" point of view.

Though, in my pokeman fantasy game it's less about everything being real-time and more about the little dudes living in flocks in a dynamic ecosystem. Something kind of like monster hunter on the wii, I suppose, but with more pokemon and less dinosaurs ;) I just feel like it could be so much more than a turn based monster battling game with random battles in the long grass, you know?

I do like that B+W actually have some sort of plot, though. It's a step forwards.

Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:49 pm
Profile WWW

Yes, the whole "plot" concept is fairly new to Nintendo, since the games' stories tend to be made using this form:
Form wrote:
Generation: __________
Professor: Professor __________
Main character's childhood friend: __________
Antagonist group: Team __________
Starter Pokemon (Grass): __________
Starter Pokemon (Fire): __________
Starter Pokemon (Water): __________
Legendary Pokemon: __________
Starting town: __________ Town
Large corporal city: __________ City
Elite Four #1: __________
~Pokemon type: __________
Elite Four #2: __________
Elite Four #3: __________
Elite Four #4: __________

Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:30 pm
Profile WWW
Loose Canon

Contrary wrote:
I played Emerald and loved the crap out of that.

Emerald was amazing. To be honest, I think Gen 3 was when it was best. The pokemon weren't retarded yet, and it had gotten over the slump of mediocre pokemon from Gen 2.
Also, Aggron, Flygon, and all the other rad as hell psuedo-legendaries.

Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:07 pm
Profile WWW

Geti: please stop being so reasonable. It's too hard not to agree.

Also, I was always a gen1 kind of guy, in part because of the numerous bugs and glitches you could do (oh gawd Ditto vs Missingno), but mostly due to the fact that it was pretty fudge hard to get my hands on anything better than a GBC at the time.

I did, however, *ahem* aquire one of the newer games last year, (I think it was emerald) and really enjoyed it, so I'm actually kind of excited about B/W. The thing is, it's still fudge hard to get my hands on anything better than a GBC. :roll:

Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:58 pm
Profile WWW

The one from last year were the weird as hell pearl and platinum.

Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:01 am

Yeah, how the heck does platinum correlate to diamonds or pearls, anyways? Most "last borns" in the Pokemon series (the games that come out after the initial two) at least relate somehow to the "first borns". Yellow is a color, like Blue and Red versions. Crystal isn't related to silver or gold, since those are precious metals, and a crystal is any substance with an orderly repeating atomic pattern. Emeralds are precious stones, like rubies and sapphires. And then you have Platinum version, which doesn't relate to diamonds or pearls, since they are both precious stones (well, pearls are stone-like). Maybe Crystal should have come after Diamond and Pearl, and Platinum should have proceeded Silver and Gold.

I will now step down from my soap box.

Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:05 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 64 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next