View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:16 am

Reply to topic  [ 535 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36
 King Arthur's Gold - A 2D Minecraft-like 

Post Re: King Arthur's Gold - A 2D Minecraft-like
Alright so I've played around in challenge and sandbox a bit, things are different from when I played the demo a few months ago, but I've got a grasp on the basics. Anything I should know before going online and what should I play?

Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:11 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

I should buy this sometime.

Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:40 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

WalkableBuffalo wrote:
Alright so I've played around in challenge and sandbox a bit, things are different from when I played the demo a few months ago, but I've got a grasp on the basics. Anything I should know before going online and what should I play?

Retracted Spikes, and Mounted Bows are your friends.
[I just killed a few dozen with a set of spikes, one nicely placed spike will screw over several enemies]

Whenever there is water, make sure it contains at least one War Boat, and said war boat contains probably a catapult, or a few mounted bows. [Three Warboat shops is enough to make them faster than they are destroyed]

Don't fall in the saw, also, throwing the saw at logs is faster than the other way around.
Pine Trees are better because the seeds are slower to grow [you can move them around!] and they sometimes give you more than one or two seeds when felled

Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:43 pm

Foa whats your name in KAG? I don't think I've ever seen you.

Fri Jul 26, 2013 7:42 pm

This beta is quite a lot of fun, though stalemates seem as common as ever, I guess that's just the nature of KAG.

Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:15 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

I don't like beta, it's mostly warboats, HALLS HALLS HALLS, and counter mining.

Also, destroying trees, that's the strange part, always a problem, but at least it is recoverable, given 15 minutes, and running around the map seven times whilst searching for underground tress, that aren't behind the main base.

Coins, and gold are valuelessly rare, and used for getting scrolls, but those things are simply a grind through some trees.
Farming for food would be a nice readdition, maybe zombie mode, but of course both of these have to be modded in, now.

Last game I played, I found a scroll of drought, and a scroll of carnage, and saved the team with each use. I also found an underground tree, to bring back to base, against saving the team.
It was hilarious, because the whole blue team got screwed over by both scrolls, but mosstly sad, and pointless, and tiring.
I miss the zombies, and where are the mongol hordes also promised earlier...

Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:22 am

I quite like beta actually. There is a lot of item bloat but I think that will be cut soon enough and games I feel are actually the last stalematey than at any other point in KAG's history. Access to lots of mobile spawnpoints, new tile destruction options, and subtley weakened repairing make it much easier to press the attack. I find a lot of back and forth battles, like one instance where after a lot of back and forth we managed to push them to their last hall but with a combo of boats and tunnels they started taking our halls and we ended up completely swapping (though reserve forces at our original base reclaimed it and we sandwiched them for victory). I dunno if you'd really call that stalemate though.

Bomb jumping is really excellent now, something which I missed earlier in development where bomb jumping was ass. Now I can play beta like I play classic, bomb jumping literally everywhere onto boats, into halls, stealing enemy kegs, landing on archers, all that good stuff. I haven't played with archer much but it seems to finally be at a point where it's actually interesting to play/not completely broken en masse. New items present a lot of possibilities as well, like crates provide opportunity for stealth/infiltration and also allow knights to easily carry passengers on bomb jumps or archers with arrow climbing (which could be done with catas in KAG but crates are both more discrete and more accessible).

There are still a lot of things I don't like however, like water, scrolls and as said the general item bloat (do we really need water bombs/arrows?) but the game is shaping up pretty nicely and as always I'm optimistic.

Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:11 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

I'm getting jaded with liking games that creep a lot, or have long, or indefinite cycles.

I don't know, it's an unintelligible mess, and people only really dig themselves further down into their forts, and most of these cool things you see is drastically different from all the games I have played, because they use crates, and bombs for something.

Edit:

Also, how was that game, Contrare

Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:19 am

Pretty good, I quite like the end there. You got some pretty good kills on me, though.

I totally get what you're saying though, sometimes in KAG it can feel like nothing you do matters and that sucks. But really, the number one thing I like about KAG is that if you have the skill and confidence, you can be a one man army. Like you noted I have several videos where I show how dominant one player can be, though of course my best work is when I'm not recording. >:^)

You should have seen me earlier on in that play session though, I was dancing on piles of enemies, solo capping halls, Assassin's Creed style assassinating key targets and such. And honestly, these kind of things are not that hard to do despite how relatively few do it. KAG is not a complicated game, I've seen lots of relatively new players dominate whole servers. I think you've identified part of the problem, you really just need to believe you can pull of the crazy things.

Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:26 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

I know what I should've done when I have that bomb resurfacing whilst I was being sacked by three knights, instead of dying from my own bomb I should've bomb jumped.

Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:57 am
Reply to topic   [ 535 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36