View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:43 pm

Reply to topic  [ 535 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 ... 36  Next
 King Arthur's Gold - A 2D Minecraft-like 

Post Re: King Arthur's Gold - A 2D Minecraft-like
That's a good idea and builders should get score from building stuff because they aren't the combat type.

Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:36 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Uhhh
being banned
shouldn't ban you from every server
that is retarded
like it stops griefers and all that ♥♥♥♥ but
if the griefers are the ones who banned you then you just go to a new server like dont make it ban you from every server
This isn't Spiral Knights, I want to play it more than once a day. Being banned for a day FROM EVERY server just because some douchebags decided to blame me isn't cool.

Wed Aug 10, 2011 6:49 am
Profile WWW

It's a day, make a sandwich or something, go outside.

You shouldn't dedicate time in your day just to play KAG.

Wed Aug 10, 2011 6:58 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Honestly if I feel like dedicating my life to KAG, then let me do it. You shouldn't care if I do or not.
And despite the words above these words, I wasn't implying that I play KAG all day. Hell, yesterday was the first time I've played in weeks. But once I finally get a feel for the game again, I get banned because someone blamed me for their griefing.
Not 20 minutes since I started the game do I get banned from EVERY SERVER because one jackass on ONE server framed me. That isn't right.

Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:06 pm
Profile WWW

I thought that global banning only happened if you got kicked from 2 servers or more in an hour or something. Regardless, normal kickbans just happen for an hour unless the server admin has changed the number.

We're removing votekicking in its current form next build because it's attracted a lot of abuse.

That said I think dedicating some down-time in your life is good. Playing games in that down time is also good as long as it's not all you do.

@CrazyMLC not score, but funds. We've thought about this system quite a lot, and it'll likely find its way into the game at some point soon.

NOTE: class upgrades likely won't work like Miggles suggested. If we wanted something like that then we'd just go item-centric and let people build armour and swords and whatnot. If there are class upgrades, they'll be more like a class tree than a linear path. I'm glad we arrived at the same conclusion of people starting as builders, I think that's a better way to create a "warm up" period than a big impassible red block.

Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:31 am
Profile WWW
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

I was just making a point. In real life I'm busy all the time.

Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:37 am
Profile WWW

I understood that, I was responding to
Coops9753 wrote:
You shouldn't dedicate time in your day just to play [game].

Thu Aug 11, 2011 12:35 pm
Profile WWW

I just tried it out today, and I have to say that I'm very impressed. It's like TF2 and Minecraft together in 2D, MMO style.

Though, I think you should nerf the builders, specifically, the ladders. I proud that I won my first game for my team.
I'm sad that I did it by holding UP and RIGHT, and occasionally building ladders to move above and over their defenses.

They spent half an hour building their defenses, and it only took a second for their flag to disappear. :grin:

Also, the kind of people that you attract to play this game is interesting. I'm sure I was this close to getting
votekicked for "wasting resources" when I snatched the flag. After that, I had an entourage of loyal warriors
ready to sacrifice themselves for my betterment. :)

Your dedication to building KAG is very impressive, and I thank you for it. :)

Fri Aug 12, 2011 3:12 am
Profile WWW

Well Geti didn't post anything about it, but I just want to say that there was a new upgrade and it's fantastic. Graphics and Knight combat overhaul, among other things.

Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:04 am

Heh, been distracted as all hell this weekend.

Basically what contrary said. We'll be doing smaller more frequent builds in the future I think, this has been far too stressful. Bugfixes everywhere.

Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:05 am
Profile WWW

So I finally tried this and, way better than I expected.

Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:41 pm

Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:31 pm

Wow, sure has come a long way!

Wish I had time to play this these days.

Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:54 am

Glad you liked it GenericUsername

Contrary: what is that a picture of? Skybridge? Ladder up to it and cut it down, at least it's on screen. We've got some things coming in the next while to sort skyladders out, they aren't so bad at the moment though.

Wed Aug 31, 2011 1:57 pm
Profile WWW
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

I just had a really good game of this.

Playing for the side of blue, I tried multiple lines of attack, and eventually discovered that both sides were getting all hung up on skybridges. I quickly decided to start tunnelling, and used our mining tunnel as a start point, because it was already deep. After navigating around the odd bit of bedrock, I eventually stumbled into their mining tunnel, which had been for the most part abandoned. Not only that, but it also emerged right underneath their base.

After a small series of attacks with some handy knights who turned up, I found an opportunity. Both knights were killed in the attack, but since I was a builder and a low-priority target I managed to escape to the far right of the surface, and was forgotten. Looking from a distance, I waited until the base was emptied, then quickly ran in and stole the flag.

I then ran back through the tunnel network, and met up with the knights from the earlier attack who had respawned at the outpost I had built half way along the tunnel, and together we made our way back. We were attacked several times by enemy knights who broke in from the surface, but our own knights (which were growing exponentially in number as we got closer to the base, some sort of snowball effect) were able to defend me, if not themselves.

Eventually we broke surface, and marched back to base victorious.

Wed Aug 31, 2011 2:11 pm
Reply to topic   [ 535 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 ... 36  Next