View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:05 pm

Reply to topic  [ 535 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 36  Next
 King Arthur's Gold - A 2D Minecraft-like 

Post Re: King Arthur's Gold - A 2D Minecraft-like
Personally, I feel there are a couple of things that need looking at, but these are just some personal peeves:
There needs to be more incentive to fight above ground, with the mention of catapults, am I right in thinking they're large machines that get wheeled along? Because if so that'll stop the landscape from becoming more like swiss cheese with holes, as they would probably require a level surface to go along.
Also ladders, i think i might have mentioned this but they need to have some sort of system to reduce the amount you can place in a line without any supports. Huge space elevators and bridges from ladders irk me.

Sat May 14, 2011 6:10 pm

Um, firing arrows with a bow like a machinegun isn't realistic and it is a glitch that allows it in the first place. Glithes are s type of cheating and the game would be so much more fun if people didnt use glitches. Also, the devs should fix the glitch.

Sat May 14, 2011 6:37 pm

But still, it is not a fair way to play. Being able to fire arrows like a machine gun is not supposed to be part of the game.
It is not fair to those of us who A) refuse to cheat like that or B) do not know how.

Sat May 14, 2011 7:17 pm

FML NOTHING COMES OUT ON MAC /RAGE
then goes to install wine

Sat May 14, 2011 7:39 pm

Yeah that'll do.

Sat May 14, 2011 7:39 pm

Eh, machine gun arrow was fun at first.

Last edited by Contrary on Sun May 15, 2011 7:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sat May 14, 2011 9:08 pm

Agreed, the bow exploit is annoying. But it's fun to watch.

Sat May 14, 2011 9:26 pm

If you just click like a fool they all drop to the ground, which means you can make a wall of death below you. Dropping sharp things can kill people IRL so I don't see much of an issue there. I haven't seen the supposed quickfire that actually fires arrows so I can't tell how unrealistic it is; therefore don't know if it really needs patching or not.
wooden wrote:
FML NOTHING COMES OUT ON MAC /RAGE
then goes to install wine
*nix build isn't too far away, we might be able to make an OSX one at some point. Thing is, making mac apps is actually a massive pain; people want something they can dump into their "applications" folder which means you have to package everything instead of just distributing the binary like on windows and more or less all non-apple unix-based systems -> Apple have crippled their developer base for mac applications, and I don't think they care because of all the iOS apps.

DarWine (mac wine) is a failure btw, unless something huge has happened in the last few months. Parallels or VMWare fusion might work though.

Duh102 wrote:
I tried hosting, seems my router won't let more than one player in. Sorry chaps.
:(

Sun May 15, 2011 6:18 am
Profile WWW

Geti wrote:
If you just click like a fool they all drop to the ground, which means you can make a wall of death below you. Dropping sharp things can kill people IRL so I don't see much of an issue there. I haven't seen the supposed quickfire that actually fires arrows so I can't tell how unrealistic it is; therefore don't know if it really needs patching or not.

You want to see it? Hold mouse 2 and spam mouse 1.

Sun May 15, 2011 6:35 am

Just done, we'll look into it soon. That is too easily exploitable :P

Sun May 15, 2011 6:55 am
Profile WWW

well im getting a complete wipe of my computer and getting boot camp so

... who should i join reds or blues ?

Sun May 15, 2011 12:20 pm

Depends on the server tbh. I prefer blues because the knight looks more honourable.

Fix coming on machine-gun-bow as well as anti-spawnkilling measures (you're invincible when standing in front of your team's tent).

Sun May 15, 2011 12:37 pm
Profile WWW

Geti wrote:
Depends on the server tbh. I prefer blues because the knight looks more honourable.

Fix coming on machine-gun-bow as well as anti-spawnkilling measures (you're invincible when standing in front of your team's tent).

I like the fact that the tent can't be penetrated by arrows.

Sun May 15, 2011 12:57 pm

I've found so far that Blues are much more inclined to creation and ingenuity, favouring extensive castles and towers with all sorts of practical and aesthetic flourishes. They mine diligently, for the gold to make their land wealthy and the stone to keep it safe. They are stout defenders and direct but systematic attackers, leveling structures to make further attacks more effective. Blues are builders and guardians at heart, but when brought to battle they will make coordinated attacks and fight to the last man.

Reds are a less delicate sort. Their buildings are often unfinished, their high-reaching towers often simply walls with holes poked in them. The only structures crafted with care are their vaults which house their only true concern- gold. Reds do not need strong structures for defence is not the forte, they are raiders. While they use all units in the attack, their use of workers is especially notorious. It is uncertain from where they will attack; they burrow through the thickest floor, scale over the tallest wall, and are often seen creating ladders across the sky to jump down into the middle of a keep. In their quest for gold, their attacks are vicious and unrelenting.

Of course I'm exaggerating, but I like to think of the teams this way haha. I'm a blue.

Sun May 15, 2011 3:51 pm

strangely enough that's actually how it works. i found myself being more inclined to build and mine while on the blue team and more inclined to arrowspam the enemy while on the red team.

Sun May 15, 2011 3:56 pm
Reply to topic   [ 535 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 36  Next