View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:02 am

Reply to topic  [ 174 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12
 League of Legends 

Post Re: League of Legends
MLC I swear to god.

I NEED to teach you how to build one day.

Just because Trinity Force has a new passive doesn't mean it's good on everyone.

Fri Sep 13, 2013 4:21 am
Forum Moderator

What I am most confused about is how he still manages to get really good scores with completely whack builds

Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:50 pm

It's good on Yi because he does get to spam, as long as he gets resets. And clutch burst when you get out of being invulnerable from Alpha Strike is pretty goddamn useful.

Plus the AP lets you heal more when you meditate. Total lifesaver.

More health never hurts. And more mana for when you start chaining tons of Alpha Strikes. And move speed. It's all just so beautiful.

Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:41 pm
Profile WWW

A good Yi doesn't care about Utility.

All he cares about is the damage he does because he knows he scales better with AD than with Utility. You're getting a total of about 180-90 damage with 5 items when you can easily get that much with just two items.

You shouldn't even need MS on hit with Yi. Especially if you have BotRK.

CrazyMLC wrote:
as long as he gets resets

Key phrase. You set yourself on unstable ground and rely on getting those resets. If you don't you only get to use sheen what? 1-2 times, maybe 3 in a duel. Even then if you do get resets, it's probably still on CD.

CrazyMLC wrote:
Plus the AP lets you heal more when you meditate. Total lifesaver.

That extra 70 health (At cap heal) really is a lifesaver, isn't it?

I know it is extra healing, which is good and it can save you from that one last auto attack, but it's not giving you the impact you need.

CrazyMLC wrote:
More health never hurts. And more mana for when you start chaining tons of Alpha Strikes.

It does hurt when you can get something even better. You're right health is always a good thing but you should only build HP if you need it, and 200 HP is never really gonna be enough to make a difference. You're an ADC Assassin, you shouldn't be worrying about durability, you should be worrying about your damage so you can kill them before you even need the durability. If you're dieing in the middle of a team fight then that means your positioning is bad. But this is all before champion roles and mechanics and all that bull♥♥♥♥.

Mana wise, you shouldn't even be using that much mana in the first place. You should use alpha strike at most 3-4 times in a full team fight. Level 18 fight, Ult, E, Q, maybe W, in total should be about 300 mana. That's 1/3rd of your total mana pool, with the remaining Qs used as gap closers or mechanically (To dodge a skill shot or damage, etc.). Sure with that build you probably will be using spells more often, but that's cause you don't have the damage to kill them fast enough in the first place. Which doesn't really set you in a good place to get those resets.

Tabi was an all right buy, Greaves or even Mobility would have been just as good.

Alacrity, Ehh okay. Homeguards would have been much more useful though if you had to defend base.

Elder lizard terrible item now blah blah blah. You shouldn't start machete on Yi in the first place though, double Dorans into Avarice blade is so much better.

BotRK pretty good item on Yi. Same with Last Whisper.

And I assume you were building IE, or atleast I hope you were. But that should be one of your first major buys, not your last.

Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:13 pm

I never said that I was a good Yi, but I like Trinity Force. It's a personal bias. Lots of little helpful things. (And you gotta admit, 70~ health from a measly 30 ap isn't bad. It's a little lifesaver. Like the candy.)
In my mind it's a replacement for Shiv in the build. I was planning to sell my Elder Lizard for a Ghostblade if I got the chance, as well.

And yes, it was an IE. You're right in that I probably shouldn't have gotten it last, would have been better to get it instead of Trinity Force. Like I said I have a personal bias towards it.

Sat Sep 14, 2013 1:13 am
Profile WWW
Forum Moderator

Speaking of whack stuff, me and a friend pulled a switcheroo in the bot lane. Turned out surprisingly well, I somehow got out with most magic damage dealt to champions, even with a Nidalee and Morgana in the game. Also second most damage dealt, wat.

Thu Sep 26, 2013 2:45 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

necro
twisted fate is fun

i didnt die at all past 8 minutes

Thu Apr 23, 2015 2:34 am
Profile WWW

That gauntlet triforce susan is next level.

Sat Apr 25, 2015 1:12 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

i have 100% WR out of 8 games with TF
woop

Sat Apr 25, 2015 6:30 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 174 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12