View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:55 am

Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Deus Ex: Human Revolution 
REAL AMERICAN HERO

Post Deus Ex: Human Revolution
Anybody else get it? I gotta say, I've never played the originals (heresey, yeah, whatever) but this one is tickling my fancy rather well. Great mechanics, and really, really rewarding stealthiness. You feel like a proper badass when you pull stuff off well but you also know why you ♥♥♥♥ up ifwhen you do.

Sun Aug 28, 2011 2:37 am

Post Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution
I'm playing it right now, actually. Yes, it's really fun, but I hate that I for some reason got the preorder bonuses - I feel wasteful if I just drop the suppressed sniper rifle and the double-barrel, but they take up too much space and the sniper rifle at least is REALLY overpowered in the beginning. Plus the bonus 10,000 credits are just...bleh...

Also, my graphics card heats up to 105C while playing pretty much any game from '09 or later which causes lots of annoying visual glitches (NPC/character models flicker in visibility, lots of random lines pop up constantly, surfaces of objects randomly get highlighted), which is NORMALLY a huge problem for my suspension of disbelief. However, in this I just blame it on my optic implants not being perfect and having minor visual glitches.

EDIT: I bought the strength aug that lets you pick up and throw heavy objects, and then when I went to the one guy's apartment so he could thank me for saving his wife, I saw that I could do something with their fridge. "Oh hey, time to steal their food!" I thought to myself, and promptly picked up the fridge. "Oops...I'll just...dammit! It won't fit!"
I had to throw it into the tiny nook it was in, and then the wife ran away, horrified and yelling "Gun...GUN!" I ♥♥♥♥' laughed my ass off.

Sun Aug 28, 2011 2:48 am
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

Yeah it's pretty damn fun.

I tried playing the previous ones, but I threw em both away the moment I realized the denton family can't hit the side of a barn.

And yeah oci, the preorder bonuses really ♥♥♥♥ with the balance of the game. They were in the preview build that got leaked, glad I got the regular version tbh.

Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:10 am

Just like every other Deus Ex.

Ammo is always such a ♥♥♥♥ issue.

I also seem to be getting rather annoying extended loading time periods.

Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:12 am
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

Ammo is an issue for me too, it keeps filling up my inventory and I don't want to throw it away because I'm an ammo hoarder...

And before you ask yes I'm playing on give me deus ex.

Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:23 am

I've only fired like three shots, the melee takedowns seem to be doing fine. And as much as I know there's pretty much no reason to kill over incapacitate, I just get this sense of predator-like glee from stabbing a guy through his spine from behind, then dragging the body out of sight just as his pal tries to see what's up, only to dismiss it as nothing ten seconds later. Most of the ammo I get, I sell anyway. The only guns I use/plan on using are the crossbow, sniper rifle, handgun and machine pistol. The things that ARE crowding my inventory are GODDAMN EXPLOSIVES.

I sold the rifle I got with DLC, but then I stole Seraut the gun dealer's shipment or whatever was in the storage and there was another silenced sniper - I'd already found an UNSILENCED big-ass rifle on top of the abandoned gas station by then, so I figured it was fair to keep.

I'm getting annoyed by the fact that every time I toss a dumpster/fridge/vending machine/printer/large wooden crate/large crate made of some sort of futuristic-looking material, everyone in the area suddenly assumes I want to kill them. USUALLY I'm just throwing such objects so that I can stack 'em and get to otherwise-inaccessible areas faster than having to carefully place shittons of barrels and cardboard boxes.

Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:32 am

When I was like 5 I used to watch my dad play Deus Ex and System Shock... Heard this is good, might pick it up. Is it actually hard though? Same as Lizardheim I hate it when I play games where ammo conservation is a big game mechanic and you end up with way too much. IE Bioshock where playing on hard I was always topped off on every kind of ammo. Probably due to the fact that when ammo conservation is an issue I try really hard to be efficient. So is this game difficult enough? Like compared to MGS4 for example.

Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:34 am
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

Oh it's not really a problem, you actually need all that ammo if you wanna survive the boss fights with ammo left.

Compared to MGS4 I'd say it's sort of like that, but less frustrating.
When you die you know you did something wrong, like walk into an enemy's line of sight.

Oh man I love my heavy rifle, got it hooked up with a cooling system, larger magazines, faster reload and a laser pointer.
I love these guns.

Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:43 am

Love this game, playing on Give me Deus Ex.
I almost exclusively use the Diamondback Revolver, even un-upgraded it can take down one of those red spec-ops guys down in real quick. I also use the Combat Rifle for emergencies and a Crossbow with a targeting system, makes it essentially identical to the Sniper in usefulness but much more compact.

Sun Aug 28, 2011 9:49 am
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

You mean the cloaking spec ops redguys or the lightly armored grunts?

Sun Aug 28, 2011 12:15 pm

Liking the game so far. Only weapons I've used are the 10m and the revolver, and the revolver's gotten every upgrade so far. But yes, the melee takedowns seem more efficient than gunplay.

Sun Aug 28, 2011 2:31 pm
Profile WWW

alphagamer774 wrote:
Liking the game so far. Only weapons I've used are the 10m and the revolver, and the revolver's gotten every upgrade so far. But yes, the melee takedowns seem more efficient than gunplay.

Firearms have uses beyond just shooting people however, for example: when I need to get past a group of guards and for whatever reason I can't/won't sneak I find loosing a round to catch the guards attention and then flanking around them is efficient.

Sun Aug 28, 2011 7:53 pm

I played the hell out of the original Deus Ex.
I never played invisible war because it was terrible.
And I've only heard good things about DE:HR.
I want it so bad

Sun Aug 28, 2011 10:13 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

There. Completed it.

Favorite gun was the 10mm with silencer, armour piercing and laser pointer.

I call it the Head hunter.

The OST is awesome to say the least. Listening to it all the time.

Which I listen to while playing SS13.

Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:08 pm
Profile WWW

Pre-ordered this one on steam. Has so far succeeded in lowering my exam marks for this semester by at least 10%! :grin:

Downright awesome. Would recommend to anyone, especially players of the first two.

Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:33 am
Reply to topic   [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next