View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:33 am

Reply to topic  [ 271 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 19  Next
 My Fabulous End of the World 

Post Re: My Fabulous End of the World - Development Log
TorrentHKU wrote:
http://dejobaan.com/wonderful/
Miiiiight wanna work on the name. Very easy to confuse the two.

By the way, I tried googling different variations of "My Fabulous End of the World" and "My Wonderful End of the World" and not once did the wrong game popped up when it wasn't supposed to.
I know the names are really similar but core gameplay of both games is completely different and I really like my name ("My Fabulous Apocalypse" or "My Fabulous End of Times" just doesn't sound right).
I'll be keeping it unless sir Dejobaan decides that it's a problem.

Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:19 am
Profile WWW

"Losing an arm will make him nom your brain 50% of his nommin’ speed, losing both arms will make him unable to attack you but he’ll be able to stare, unforgivingly into your soul."

Lol.

I'll download next weeks build and try it.

Sounds like it will be an interesting game.

Sun Oct 23, 2011 12:00 pm

GenericUsername wrote:
"Losing an arm will make him nom your brain 50% of his nommin’ speed, losing both arms will make him unable to attack you but he’ll be able to stare, unforgivingly into your soul."

Lol.

Thanks :grin: Next weeks build will include modability (I'm already on my way to finishing it) and hopefully AoE weapons (Rawkit Launchaz) for all your killing pleasures.

Sun Oct 23, 2011 1:45 pm
Profile WWW

Jack Trades wrote:
GenericUsername wrote:

Lol.

Thanks :grin: Next weeks build will include modability (I'm already on my way to finishing it) and hopefully AoE weapons (Rawkit Launchaz) for all your killing pleasures.

Will the zone with a lot of zombies be able to kill you bloodily?

Sun Oct 23, 2011 3:16 pm

GenericUsername wrote:
Will the zone with a lot of zombies be able to kill you bloodily?

Unfortunately, besides sitting by my computer, programming, drawing and chatting with you guys, there's tons of RL stuff that has to be done to keep me fed and have a roof above my head at the end of the month.
I'll try to include it in the next weeks build but I probably won't be able to until next week.

Sun Oct 23, 2011 3:30 pm
Profile WWW
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

I have high hopes for this, I'll be watching it closely.

Sun Oct 23, 2011 6:14 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

The blood is very cheesy looking, I think. Normal blood usually doesn't look like little balls; I suggest making it have almost a splattery-line shape to it.

Likewise with animations, the look kind of cheesy in a way. They don't look natural. Look at the animations from minecraft. You've essentially got the same model and characteristics, and I think that the zombies in minecraft have a much more natural, clearer movement.

Oh and, what is the environment going to be like? Will it be destructible?

Sun Oct 23, 2011 6:45 pm
Profile WWW

Miggles wrote:
The blood is very cheesy looking, I think. Normal blood usually doesn't look like little balls; I suggest making it have almost a splattery-line shape to it.

Likewise with animations, the look kind of cheesy in a way. They don't look natural. Look at the animations from minecraft. You've essentially got the same model and characteristics, and I think that the zombies in minecraft have a much more natural, clearer movement.

Look at their purple outfits and tell me that again with a straight face. :grin:
I honestly think that it doesn't look cheesy enough so I will be reworking it at some point.

Miggles wrote:
Oh and, what is the environment going to be like? Will it be destructible?

I haven't planned for it yet but I see no reason to not to have destructible terrain (It's not going to be CC style though, I'm thinking more about having a randomly generated(maybe?) levels out of small destructible pieces).

If you have any specific ideas, go ahead, I'll gladly listen to you.

P.S. Talking about blood made me realize that I forgot to make it bounce from the floor.

Sun Oct 23, 2011 6:51 pm
Profile WWW

Block? guns? Blood? zombies? destructible body parts? Physics?

All this need is heavy metal music, red sky and a crazy insane man with hockey mask riding a pony with a zweihander.

Out of interest what type of game will this be? (in regards of genre)

Sun Oct 23, 2011 7:03 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Blood doesn't bounce.
>:L

Sun Oct 23, 2011 7:06 pm
Profile WWW

Miggles wrote:
Blood doesn't bounce.
>:L

You're right, I instead made it lie down on the floor in big pools.

Sun Oct 23, 2011 7:19 pm
Profile WWW

LordVonKain wrote:
Block? guns? Blood? zombies? destructible body parts? Physics?

All this need is heavy metal music, red sky and a crazy insane man with hockey mask riding a pony with a zweihander.

Out of interest what type of game will this be? (in regards of genre)

Since I'm just a poor student I can't afford custom music made for me but I looked through different royalty free websites and I've for 3 songs that I'm going to include in the game.
Rocket, Harmful or Fatal and In a Heartbeat.

I'm writing down red sky, pony and hockey mask. Melee weapons are already in (if I manage to fix few bugs).

Regarding the genre, there's no set genre but I plan on having lots of guns, tons of squishy zombies, boss fights and disco dancing.

Sun Oct 23, 2011 7:23 pm
Profile WWW

Ah, will it contain free roam? cause I had seen a recent decline in those types of games (save the big shot company ones such as the elder scrolls, Saint row and GTA.)

Regarding the music, i know a few people who could make some music but i need to double check with them since they was making music for there own free games. as for the music on the site you posted, i somehow merged a sorta steampunk future Doom look with it (like Deux ex with Judge Dredd) in other words they sound quite awesome.

Sun Oct 23, 2011 7:38 pm

LordVonKain wrote:
Ah, will it contain free roam? cause I had seen a recent decline in those types of games (save the big shot company ones such as the elder scrolls, Saint row and GTA.)

Regarding the music, i know a few people who could make some music but i need to double check with them since they was making music for there own free games. as for the music on the site you posted, i somehow merged a sorta steampunk future Doom look with it (like Deux ex with Judge Dredd) in other words they sound quite awesome.

As I said before, the game will probably consist of randomly generated destructible levels (cities) with some kind of overarching goal. I still haven't planned anything out yet so I'm open for suggestions.

I was thinking of about Painkiller and Unreal Tournament games, they always had great music but If I ever manage to get a hand on someone who'll want to make some custom music for me I'd prefer something much more quirky and cheesy.

Sun Oct 23, 2011 7:48 pm
Profile WWW
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Dammit you got me back into unity again. Grrr.

Sun Oct 23, 2011 8:22 pm
Reply to topic   [ 271 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 19  Next