View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:52 pm

Reply to topic  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 ITT I humbly request $50 USD from DRLFF 
Loose Canon

Post Re: ITT I humbly request $50 USD from DRLFF
Yeah, I bought him Gmod.

Sun Oct 30, 2011 1:19 am
Profile WWW

Just suck it up and earn the money yourself. $50 is not much. If you can't earn it or cobble it together, well, why do you think you deserve a new GPU anyway?

Sun Oct 30, 2011 1:20 am

Kallemort wrote:
Just suck it up and earn the money yourself. $50 is not much. If you can't earn it or cobble it together, well, why do you think you deserve a new GPU anyway?

This.

Sun Oct 30, 2011 1:23 am

Heh. I have no physical possible way to earn money as the only place near my house that I can get a job at for my age has no positions open (as of today; I check every Saturday to bug the ♥♥♥♥ out of them) and I have no real services to offer to anyone, other than basic yardwork for neighbors, none of which are interested. My parents are beyond bankrupt to the point where it's not uncommon for us to go a day or two without food while waiting for their next check, so I can't really ask them, either; they have enough problems without worrying about buying me luxuries like, say, any form of entertainment at all. My computer? Grandma. PS3 and TV? Older brother. The clothes on my back? Mostly secondhand. I don't even have a graphing calculator for school (which I should have had since last year) So yeah, I'm not some spoiled kid who's spent all of his allowance and still wants more, nor am I some lazy ♥♥♥♥ who just wants free things. I understand where you're coming from, though, and I'm sure you weren't trying to make that sound offensive, but I gotta tell you that it hurt a little reading it.

Meanwhile, due to DRLFF thankfully containing lots of incredibly awesome people, there have already been multiple people offering to donate anywhere from $5 to $15ish in some form or another, and someone from that group of awesome people has already offered to just buy the whole thing outright.

Also, if you think people don't get free stuff from the internet in general or that most of the users are unkind and total Scrooges, I've seen or heard of plenty of instances where people have gotten things from complete strangers, sometimes things valued in hundreds of dollars. Philanthropy seems to be pretty common.

Oh and
Quote:
why do you think you deserve a new GPU anyway?
never said I did, man.

That said, this thread was more of a "well may as well try can't possibly lose anything" kind of deal and I wasn't expecting much to come out of it. Turns out some people can be pretty awesome.

Sun Oct 30, 2011 2:20 am
Loose Canon

ITT Kallemort, dragonXP, and GenericUsername are cold hearted bastards who make young boys cry.

Sun Oct 30, 2011 2:37 am
Profile WWW

TorrentHKU wrote:
ITT Kallemort, dragonXP, and GenericUsername are cold hearted bastards who make young boys cry.

Just quoting this for emphasis and to really rub in how you should be a kinder person in general, even to those on the internet.

Sun Oct 30, 2011 2:40 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

I would give you the cash, if I had any cash remaining.

I bought 20+ copies of Sword Of The Stars 2, since I support my favoured developers.

Sun Oct 30, 2011 2:42 am
Profile WWW

caekdaemon wrote:
I would give you the cash, if I had any cash remaining.

I bought 20+ copies of Sword Of The Stars 2, since I support my favoured developers.

I just googled that, and it looks pretty damn awesome.

Edit so this post is a little more on topic: I tried to offer up my internet moneys, but I couldn't. Sad times.

Sun Oct 30, 2011 2:43 am

Generic's fine, he just said that somebody actually doing this would be unlikely, in his opinion :P

Sun Oct 30, 2011 2:50 am

Get dat youtube money. You only need like 10k views before they start paying you I think.

Sun Oct 30, 2011 3:21 am

Really?

http://www.youtube.com/user/EdenBlade17

Hm. I'm about 1/4 of the way there :P

In other news, I may be getting somebody's spare (but nice) card, so monetary charity might actually be unnecessary at this point. I had no idea you guys are this awesome <3 BEST FORUM

Sun Oct 30, 2011 3:29 am
Reply to topic   [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2