View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:02 pm

Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Mechwarrior Online 

Post Re: Mechwarrior Online
Amazigh wrote:
LordVonKain wrote:
the Maskari is also a Warhawk, the mad dog is also a vulture the nova cat is also a.... something else i cannot remember, to me it just a different name based on the different variants between mech, some can argue it like calling the M4 and the M16 the same weapon. when they're kinda are just different roles. Mad cats to me had two PPC's (the ironic main weapon that is) while the Timber wolf has two Gauss rifles as well as other different weaponload outs.

Stop taking Mechassault to be canon, Mechassault is a Battletech game in name ONLY, there are several stupid things in it, EG: 90% of the weapons don't work how they Should, most notably PPCs.

MECH NAME FACTS:
The Mad Cat IS called the Timber Wolf, Inner Sphere guys called it the Mad Cat because it looks vaguely like a cross between the Marauder and Catapult Mechs.
The Vulture is Officially named the Mad Dog.
I'll admit i got Masakari wrong, it's actually called the Warhawk.
the Nova Cat is called the Nova Cat, End of Discussion.
Variants of Mechs simply have number or letter after them, some atlas variants: AS7-C, AS7-K, AS7-D-DC, AS8-D, you should get the idea from that.

On the subject of clan mechs, there is a high chance that they will be introduced post launch in an expansion pack.

Dude, they're names from Mechcommander, and Mechwarrior previously, not just mechassault which is a semi poor game. it's good but not battletech worthy.
They're variants and only Variants, You may believe what you want but i know what they want.

Wed Nov 02, 2011 1:57 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

http://www.sarna.net/wiki/MechCommander_(Video_Game)
See: MechCommander is considered to be an apocryphal product.
Also see: The term apocrypha is used with various meanings, including "hidden", "esoteric", "spurious", "of questionable authenticity"

I'm only saying things in terms of Battletech canonicity, not hating or anything.

Wed Nov 02, 2011 2:13 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

I want clan mechs introduced, but only so I can destroy them and show those clanner's why we dominate the inner sphere

/Fictional nation patriotism.

Wed Nov 02, 2011 2:18 am
Profile WWW
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Oh god.

Wed Nov 02, 2011 5:23 am
happy carebear mom

My fear is that because of the complexity and the steep learning + skill curve, the entire game will be dominated by 2-3 elitist jerk clans. Anyone else joining will be unable to advance, or only at the cost of spending far more time doing whatever variant of meaningless tasks they've come up with for this variant of MMO.

Wed Nov 02, 2011 5:57 am

Will this be the Same as MechAssault on Xbox? Because both Titles were Rather Fun. Because i known it uses the Same Battle Tech Ideals but errr...not to sure on everthing else.

Wed Nov 02, 2011 6:02 am

Mechassault is a dumbed down version of Mechwarrior, Not to say it's bad it just too easy,

mechwarrior was more of a pilot in a mech simulator, Mechassault is just a third person Mech vs mech shooter type game

But my major issue with it is the lack of clan mainly cause it like star wars without the sith.

Although this could just be me Fanboyin,

Wed Nov 02, 2011 3:42 pm

I'm pretty sure clans are gonna arrive at some point during the game, causing a shotstorm of awesome violence. Personally, I've always preferred inner sphere mechs anyway.

Wed Nov 02, 2011 4:33 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

LordVonKain wrote:
But my major issue with it is the lack of clan mainly cause it like star wars without the sith.

FUNFACT: in the Battletech universe there's about 700 years of history with mech combat, the clans are only in 80 of those years and their invasion lasted a mere 10, so yeah, the clans are obviously the most important thing to have in a Mechwarrior game.

Wed Nov 02, 2011 5:11 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

That and the fact that the inner sphere is not united, as indicated by the various powers such as the Draconis Combine, The Federated Suns, and depending on the games time setting, the Chaos March may also be included, along with other major powers.

Wed Nov 02, 2011 6:05 pm
Profile WWW

LordVonKain wrote:
Mechassault is a dumbed down version of Mechwarrior, Not to say it's bad it just too easy,

mechwarrior was more of a pilot in a mech simulator, Mechassault is just a third person Mech vs mech shooter type game

Although this could just be me Fanboyin,

Dam, i always did like Mechassault and the last title they just started to added some story, This changes everthing.

Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:00 pm
A HUMAN BRAIN, SAFELY INSULATED FROM THE TERRORS OF HYPERSPACE

Location: Somewhere beyond the endless sea of hyperspace, fighting for your right to call a planet home.
MechAssault is so far removed from Mech Warrior it may as well be a different franchise. Assume nothing in MechAssault is even remotely close to canon in Mech Warrior.

That being said, I would like a new MechAssault, it made for a very good game.

Fri Nov 04, 2011 7:55 pm

I consider myself to be a complete nerd but honestly, I have no idea what you're talking about here.
I guess I'll have to check Mechwarrior stuff to figure it out.

Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:16 pm
Profile WWW

in short if you enjoy warhammer you may enjoy Mechwarrior / Battletech is how i see it, Mech with high tech weapons blasting the ♥♥♥♥ out of each other (with epic results)
Even more so when you have the Clan army filled with assault mech's or heavy class just all over the place.

however i never considered it to be nerdy.
Then again i do enjoy warhammer series, D&D battletech and flames of war as well as other stuff like almost every star wars game to exist, (good ones that is) which a large sum of people call nerdy,

That said there's always something loads of people know yet you don't.

Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:58 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Also, if you like Mechwarrior, have a look at Heavy Gear. Its not got massive mechs, but more like exoskeletons. It also had two games. The second unfortunately, hates modern machines, but the first is most likely still functional.

Hell, the first has alot of depth on customization. I always had reinforced hydraulics on my suits legs. Slower, but lets my legs take a hell of a pounding before being damaged. But that extra weight means the wheels on the bottom of the feet go slower, and that my mech needs a more powerful power plant and engine.

So I skimped on weight by removing the ejection system.

Fri Nov 04, 2011 11:08 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next