View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:14 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad 

Post Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad
Hardcore military fans please raise your hand!

This game had a really really rough start, tons of bugs and such. However, its gameplay experience is one of a kind and will satisfy people who want to feel like being in a real battlefield, e.g. Run and gun = suicide. Death is always lurking around the corner in the form of an MG34 set on the second floor, or iron sights lined up with your forehead, so tactical thinking and situational awareness is vital in this game, teamwork and communication also make a hell lot of difference.

In one server, I got the chance to participate in a coordinated assault with 12 or so teammates under the command of a more experienced player. It was largely an open area with underground tunnels scattered around. We smoked the area, did a 12-man charge, holed up in tunnels, and killed Russians as they come in one by one. We couldn't push any further to capture the last point so we lost, but it was hugely satisfying.

Sun Nov 06, 2011 4:18 am

Post Re: Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad
being a large fan of operation flashpoint and ArmA, i'm really hoping to get this game,

However, my pc is quite limited so i may have to demo it if i can before i buy the game and play it, just to see if it works (already seen a few videos of it and it's quite realistic which i enjoy)

Ethier way, i shall always be on the Axis side depending if i can choose my weapon loadout / Class etc.

Sun Nov 06, 2011 2:29 pm

Bought, played, enjoyed regardless of bugs, but I sort of wore off on me. Prolly because of more recent releases (COUGH COUGH BF3 COUGH COUGH)

Mon Nov 07, 2011 3:19 pm
Profile WWW

All hail Tripwire Interactive for glorifying the motherland.

Thu Nov 10, 2011 2:27 am
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]