View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:20 pm

Reply to topic  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Minecraft Full Release 

Post Minecraft Full Release
I'm excited for my favorite mods to be updated, and I am playing it right now.
All I can say is yes.

Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:48 pm

Post Re: Minecraft Full Release
to be fair if minecraft didn't have the 1.9 pre-releases, i'd be excited and playing it. but sadly it did, it bored me.

honestly all i'm going to do is wait for the Yogbox to update and play it on there with a new Texture pack and venture forth into a new world of minecraftia.

Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:31 am

I've never played the pre-releases, so im going to play hardcore mode, try to get to end.

Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:56 am

i didn't ethier but loads of people kept on telling me about it so meh it bores me to be fair,

that said if there any new content i missed out i may give it a go just to check it out.

Sat Nov 19, 2011 1:32 am

I used to play Minecraft, but everything I owned was blown to smitheroons by griefers. Then my installation collapsed into a pile of error messages.

Tue Nov 22, 2011 5:24 am
happy carebear mom

I just hope Notch takes the bukkit people and lets them take care of the server code, because seriously. Every time the official server comes out, it seems like it's worse than the previous version.

Tue Nov 22, 2011 5:36 am

Duh102 wrote:
I just hope Notch takes the bukkit people and lets them take care of the server code, because seriously. Every time the official server comes out, it seems like it's worse than the previous version.

The server software is rather sticky, I dislike touching it.
On that note, I'm going to host a server from ServerCraft. Is the interface good/easy to manage?

Tue Nov 22, 2011 6:54 am
Profile YIM WWW
happy carebear mom

It's a bit tedious at times, especially if you're trying to reconfigure the server beyond the web interface's default settings. Installing bukkit plugins goes relatively smoothly, but backing up multiple worlds does not and you have to ask servercraft to do it for you (unless they've changed the interface recently).

However, it's stable, more stable than a home server usually is, and the support guys are helpful if you state your question or concern clearly, long as you're patient for a day or two.

Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:07 am

Duh102 wrote:
Unless they've changed the interface recently

They Have.
Is it just me or have they changed their entire website?

Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:29 am
Profile YIM WWW

Severs aren't that bad i had one running when minecraft was in 1.2 ran rather fine i haven't tried to get one running recently mainly because i've been rather busy.

As for Mods the items and blocks i want in the game are just aren't there, There have been a few good mods such as Zipline mod and little blocks but that would create hours of hours of creation.

Tue Nov 22, 2011 2:26 pm

I got bored of Minecraft to be honest. I bought it looooong time ago and it was fun but now I just notice more and more design flaws in it.
Minecraft is an incredibly badly designed game, it's more like a toybox instead of a thought out game. Notch had one (semi-)innovative idea which he built new features upon but they don't really connect into a proper game.

tl;dr Minecraft is fun but it's not a well designed game and it get boring fast.

Tue Nov 22, 2011 2:44 pm
Profile WWW

Jack Trades wrote:
I got bored of Minecraft to be honest. I bought it looooong time ago and it was fun but now I just notice more and more design flaws in it.
Minecraft is an incredibly badly designed game, it's more like a toybox instead of a thought out game. Notch had one (semi-)innovative idea which he built new features upon but they don't really connect into a proper game.

tl;dr Minecraft is fun but it's not a well designed game and it get boring fast.

that, and it seems notch is getting his success to his head, starting a bitchfight with the yogscast really made me disapoint in him.(that line isn't meant to make sense, just so you know)

Tue Nov 22, 2011 3:43 pm

LordVonKain wrote:
that, and it seems notch is getting his success to his head, starting a bitchfight with the yogscast really made me disapoint in him.(that line isn't meant to make sense, just so you know)

He's incredibly childish. That might be kind of cool an a day to day basis but when he treats serious events in the same way that just sad.

My biggest problem with Notch though is not his lazyness of his childishness, it's the fact the he managed to reach what any indie developers dreams of, he earned lots of money and now he can do what ever project he wants.
With those money he can do something ambitious, something original, something creative that can only be done by independent studio, something that will be remembered. NOT Scrolls.

Tue Nov 22, 2011 3:57 pm
Profile WWW

the thing is im not arsed about his childishness cause i mean the yogscast admittedly can be worse than him. But honestly he pretty much just made a massive Bitchfight now, and even more so it started to make me doubt if what he claims with Bethesda suing him previously is even true or what he claim he did.

Ethier way i think he got a bit too much ego for a game like his, considering the game was orginial open source abandonware.

Last edited by LordVonKain on Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Nov 22, 2011 6:17 pm
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

Do you even have any idea what any of the words you just said means?

Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:42 pm
Reply to topic   [ 36 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next