View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:46 pm

Reply to topic  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Minecraft Full Release 

Post Re: Minecraft Full Release
Lizardheim wrote:
Do you even have any idea what any of the words you just said means?

I understood him and I agree with everything he said.

Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:56 pm
Profile WWW
happy carebear mom

LordVonKain wrote:
the game was orginial open source abandonware.

I don't remember this part...

Current Yogscast Vs. Notch thing: Both are being silly from what I've seen. Notch oversensitive, Yogscast because I don't really find British humor (which is apparently what the whole spat is about) funny.

Jack Trades wrote:
With those money he can do something ambitious, something original, something creative that can only be done by independent studio, something that will be remembered. NOT Scrolls.
I can see why you might be disappointed, but I can't say I agree. Minecraft was a hit by luck, he was just exploring a fun idea of his. You can't shove money into a machine and get a really neat innovative idea sadly, he's no more or less creative than before he got his money.

Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:35 pm

i read it / notch said it himself ages ago, something about taking a game and just building upon which lead to minecraft can't remember where sadly, could always check his tumblr / twitter / Wiki page.
And isn't it unfair to say yogscast is silly? i mean most of what been said is just from notch. And the yogscast only recently just got back and it's 11:42PM (22:42) here. i expect a statement or something/ Their side of the story later early tomorrow.

Also yes, i understand perfectly what i typed lizard, if you don't well i can't do much about it. it your problem.

Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:43 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

If you live in England and are an English speaker, why can't you create readable posts? Jeez, dude.

Knowing how well Yogscast and Notch are together, I think it might just be a joke. Hopefully. If it isn't then that's something they should discuss in private, not something Notch should post on his Twitter for all the world to see. Both sides are getting too much hate for no reason just because Notch is being immature. Shame on him.

Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:02 am
Profile WWW

♥♥♥♥ Yogcast. Seriously.

Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:18 am

Yogcast aren't what everone thinks they are bunch of A** H*** in my personally option but that may of change because that was when minecraft was in 1.3 beta.

Wed Nov 23, 2011 1:18 am
happy carebear mom

LordVonKain wrote:
something about taking a game and just building upon which lead to minecraft can't remember where sadly
You're thinking of the fact that he was inspired by Infiniminer. Infiniminer is still around, but Notch made Minecraft's code entirely different from it. So I suppose in a sense you could say he built upon Infiniminer but it's a loose relation, linked only by game concept.

LordVonKain wrote:
And isn't it unfair to say yogscast is silly? i mean most of what been said is just from notch.
True, and I'm reserving judgement upon the matter beyond what I've said so far until I can get a good account of what happened. JUST going from what Notch has said though (and assuming he wouldn't lie about the matter for no reason), I have formulated my initial opinion.

Miggles wrote:
If it isn't then that's something they should discuss in private, not something Notch should post on his Twitter for all the world to see.
I don't see why, that twitter account is his personal account. He can say whatever he likes on there. It may reflect badly upon him, but thems the breaks.

Wed Nov 23, 2011 1:57 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

I wouldn't say it's his personal account. It's one of his main sources of information, and he puts lots of things on there about the game.

Notch wrote:
And they claim they're the reason minecraft is big and that we should thank them more than anyone else in the community. They're total clowns.

The way Notch puts it, he's acting like they aren't the reason Minecraft is big. They are the largest distributor of all things Minecraft, informational or otherwise. To say that they weren't one of the big factors in its popularity is like saying the sky isn't blue. (Most of the time it is, at least. It was an example.)

Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:31 am
Profile WWW
happy carebear mom

Miggles wrote:
I wouldn't say it's his personal account. It's one of his main sources of information, and he puts lots of things on there about the game.

That doesn't change the fact that it is his personal twitter. He didn't make it for Minecraft or Mojang, he made it for himself before either of those things.

Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:56 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

He opened the account after he began making Minecraft, so no, it didn't come before it.

Wed Nov 23, 2011 3:06 am
Profile WWW
happy carebear mom

Upon looking, he did indeed temporally make the twitter profile before Minecraft (at least the date that's listed on the website) but I still contend it's not primarily for Minecraft. He puts a lot of other stuff beyond Minecraft PR (and quite a few personal opinions, so this stuff is nothing new as far as that).

Wed Nov 23, 2011 4:27 am

Miggles wrote:

Notch's account: http://twitter.com/#!/Notch

The official Mojang account: http://twitter.com/#!/mojangteam

Clearly two accounts. Notch can post whatever he wants on his. You can't go looking at Notch's twitter and say "this represents official positions from Mojang". Is he a major member? Yes. But the official voice is through, and ONLY through, Mojang on twitter. It'd be like saying that since I operate a twitter account while I work at Microsoft, my positions are the official, representative positions of the Microsoft team.

Wed Nov 23, 2011 4:44 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

There is a Mojang account used on part of the company as a whole, and I knew that well before I posted what I did. The thing is, the Mojang account is very seldom used, and much, much more game-involved information comes from Notch's twitter.

Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:06 am
Profile WWW

I love how Notch, instead of informing us about future updates to Minecraft, invented a new system of length.

A very respected man, but this spat is ridonkulous.

I enjoy watching the Yogscast videos, but they are ignorant ♥♥♥holes.

Its quite obvious, but Simon, I'm not so sure, I know Lewis is a ♥♥♥♥ face.

I am undecided on which side to choose.

Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:54 am
Profile YIM WWW
Loose Canon

I'll wait to take Notch's side until after the Yogscast give their side.

Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:18 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next