View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:30 pm

Reply to topic  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Spread the word and praise the sun! 

Post Re: Spread the word and praise the sun!
Ragdollmaster wrote:
>Wants to play a console game
>Decides to petition developer to port it to PC instead of buying console

:?: :?: :?:

Don't have a TV
Don't have room for a TV
Don't have money for consoles
Do have a PC

:)

Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:05 am

@metal&Yoman
The secret is you're not supposed to respond seriously to obvious troll posts.

Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:57 am

The secret is that not everyone who disagrees with your opinion is a troll. I think you could take a note from metal and Yoman's well thought-out and mature posts. You could also learn to take sincere statements, like this,
Quote:
Honestly, just about the only factor in this is fan support. If enough people petition for a port for it to be profitable, then it'll likely happen. Good luck with that.
seriously. Honestly, I don't even possibly see how that could be construed as a troll of any kind.

On-topic, I suppose that makes sense @ Yoman. Well, the "more PC RPGers" and "better graphics on PC" are kind of unimportant, because I think both of them are pretty negligible to be honest. The part about Steam is absolutely true. With that said, I feel like most people who wanted to get the game already have, so I'm not sure how many would rebuy it for PC, but perhaps the title could reach a bigger audience by expanding platforms.

Last edited by Ragdollmaster on Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:33 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Ragdollmaster wrote:

:?: :?: :?:

And you said you weren't trolling..?

Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:36 am
Profile WWW

How is that a troll? It's much simpler to just buy the platform you want to play the game on rather than try to get the developer to port it.

ITT Miggles fails at logic.

Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:38 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

ITT You fail at logic.
As stated before, many people (many, enough to grant a port) don't have enough money for a console, a TV, or the game itself.
Porting it to PC would not only fix this, but benefit the devs. On Steam, games have an odd tendency to be buyable forever, bringing in a literal INFINITE revenue. Is this better than the 'off the shelf' used game industry we have now, or is it better than the 'off the shelf' used game industry we have now? The company gets money, and people get to buy the game.

And as you may know, consoles like to have a very limited selection of games, many of which are probably shooters and not RPGs. Because less RPGs exist, less are played, and less are bought. The PC industry is much larger (spanning the entire globe sans some countries) and has a much larger selection, and in said selection are many RPGs, which are played more due to the popularity of RPGs amongst PC players since many of them grew up on said games, whereas 10 year old XBOXkiddies grew up on CoD or something equally unhealthy.

It's like you're trying to make an argument without listening to everyone's points.

Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:51 am
Profile WWW

To be perfectly honest I don't see why it's a crime to ask a developer, if there's some sign they might listen (EG: they don't own a brand of console) to port their game to your preferred model. Not everyone can afford every kind of games console.
It's just also unreasonable to get upset if the answer turns out to be "no can do".

Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:53 am
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

Honestly, Ragdollmaster, I'm with Sothe on this one. I don't really see what your first post here added to the discussion aside from insulting the OP.

Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:58 am
Profile WWW

It doesn't matter how many people want From to port it or how many reasons you can give for them to do it, at the end of the day it is their decision and you can do ♥♥♥♥ all about it.

The reason I have it on Xbox is that my PC isn't powerful enough. Simple as that.

Tue Jan 10, 2012 2:02 am

man I would buy this again on PC if the released an SDK as well(unlikely but, c'mon).

Tue Jan 10, 2012 2:23 am

@TLB If the three question mark smilies didn't tip it off, I was frankly confused.

@Miggles It's funny because
Ragdollmater before Miggles said he doesn't acknowledge any points wrote:
On-topic, I suppose that makes sense @ Yoman. Well, the "more PC RPGers" and "better graphics on PC" are kind of unimportant, because I think both of them are pretty negligible to be honest. The part about Steam is absolutely true. With that said, I feel like most people who wanted to get the game already have, so I'm not sure how many would rebuy it for PC, but perhaps the title could reach a bigger audience by expanding platforms.

You should try reading posts. Also the fact that Sothe called this a troll
Ragdollmaster wrote:
Honestly, just about the only factor in this is fan support. If enough people petition for a port for it to be profitable, then it'll likely happen. Good luck with that.

and then you say "How is this
An entirely different post than the one clearly quoted before wrote:
not trolling?" (which I've explained thrice to date, before you beat that dead horse some more)

Tue Jan 10, 2012 2:41 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Who is to say that he wasn't mentioning either of your posts? He didn't specify. It's up to him, and either way they both are.
"You won't get what you want anyway, kthxbai!"

Tue Jan 10, 2012 4:38 am
Profile WWW
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

Look, Ragdollmaster, my point is that you came off as rude in your first post. As a result, your second post, even if it wasn't intended to be, came off as sarcastic. There's really no point arguing whether or not you were trying to offend anybody - the fact is that you clearly did. Either way, let's drop it and try to get this back on-topic while we still can.

Tue Jan 10, 2012 5:48 am
Profile WWW

regarding Rag comment about how many people would Re-buy the game.

a lot of people. mainly cause PC are far more superior over consoles in terms of hardware. And those who love the game (who happen to be "hardcore gamers") will want the best out of the game therefore will buy it again on the PC to improve their gaming experiance. Honestly just watch the video before commenting any more mostly cause it full of good detail and information to why people want Dark souls on a PC. much like how people want Monster hunter on a PC .

Tue Jan 10, 2012 3:59 pm
A HUMAN BRAIN, SAFELY INSULATED FROM THE TERRORS OF HYPERSPACE

Location: Somewhere beyond the endless sea of hyperspace, fighting for your right to call a planet home.
As a personal rule from myself, anything I can construe as being console OR PC elitist, at the same time not contributing to the thread, is going to get smacked. Play nice.

Now, that being said:

I haven't played Dark Souls on any platform, but I keep hearing about it and it's nothing but positives. I'd check it out if I weren't broke. And as has been previously stated, it's going to take A LOT of fanbase to convince them to port it to PC. These things cost money, and without a 100% guarantee that they'll be getting a return on it, they absolutely will not do it. So if you want it on PC, get a lot of signatures. I mean, a LOT.

Tue Jan 10, 2012 5:55 pm
Reply to topic   [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next