View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:22 am

Reply to topic  [ 111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 Dark Souls 

Post Re: Dark Souls
How dare they. No. What do you mean new bosses. Why can't I have them. No.

Anyhow, congratulations. You get to play one of my favorite games of all time.

Sun Apr 08, 2012 3:38 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Woot.

Now I can see what the game is about.

Sun Apr 08, 2012 3:41 am
Profile WWW

Pain. That is what it's about.

Actually, it wasn't nearly as difficult as Demons Souls was for me. I ended up being able to fend off most of the bosses with less than two deaths. 'Cept for the Gaping Dragon. That thing took me at least ten tries.

Loved my full Havel set, combined with my Black Knight Halberd. Eventually changes to Smough's set, and then to Ornstein's after my second playthrough. Kept the halberd until my current one. Getting the halberd to +10 took at least three playthroughs, when combined with leveling up my armor. Twinkling Titanite sucks.

Sun Apr 08, 2012 3:48 am

Imagine the mods that will come out for this now.

Sun Apr 08, 2012 4:27 am

Chances are it won't get mod tools. If it does, it shouldn't allow you online with mods active. Only thing I'd accept is higher res textures.

Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:41 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Kallemort wrote:
Chances are it won't get mod tools.

Last time I checked, Mass Effect 1/2/3 never got mod tools.

That did not stop me.

Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:24 am
Profile WWW

Harzipan wrote:
Actually, it wasn't nearly as difficult as Demons Souls was for me. I ended up being able to fend off most of the bosses with less than two deaths. 'Cept for the Gaping Dragon. That thing took me at least ten tries.

Really? I thought the gaping dragon was one of the easiest bosses in the game. You get 2 AI summons, plus another player. Ceaseless Discharge was the one that kept killing me. Took me upwards of 50 tries.

Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:01 pm

Benpasko wrote:
Harzipan wrote:

Really? I thought the gaping dragon was one of the easiest bosses in the game. You get 2 AI summons, plus another player. Ceaseless Discharge was the one that kept killing me. Took me upwards of 50 tries.

I wasn't able to use any of the summons, due to my not having any humanity. I was also woefully under equipped.

Ceaseless Discharge took me one try. Did you not know that you can it kill it in about five hits by knocking it into the huge pit?

Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:18 pm

Mods probably won't be good on darksouls for the fact that it's a game that's meant to be connected to every other player in the area you're in. It's like modding battlefield 3 multiplayer.

Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:23 pm

Given that the game heavily features online interaction during singleplayer play (from what I've heard), modding would be a bad idea unless it was private servers.

While I was looking forward to the PC release, my eyes were immediately drawn to the reveal's GFWL logo. It's gone from an instant buy to a "I'll wait to see how many problems everyone is having".

Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:09 pm

Harzipan wrote:
Actually, it wasn't nearly as difficult as Demons Souls was for me.-snip-

I always considered Demon's Souls harder.

Benpasko wrote:

I have yet to ever use a summon once, so far I have never required help

Harzipan wrote:
-snip-I was also woefully under equipped.

How so? Do you mean in the sense of weapons and armour, or things like firebombs and estus flasks?

Sat Apr 14, 2012 5:58 am

Most bosses are easy once you learn their attack patterns. If there's any boss that gave me the most difficulty, it was the first encounter of the Moonlight butterfly (Second was probably Ornstein and Smough). But that all depends on who you played your character as, be it a ranged or sorcerer then certain bosses would be easier where as if you were a close range assassin or knight then those things are more difficult.

Also I agree. Demon's Soul's was much harder.

Sat Apr 14, 2012 7:13 am

It was due to my lack of decent armor and health that I lost. It was able to 1-hit kill me. My offensive weapon, the Black Knight Halberd, was able to take off some decent health from it.

The boss I have died the most on in NG++ had been the first Hydra, and I don't think it even counts as an actual boss.. The first barrage either kills you if you're not blocking with a good shield, or takes down all your stamina if you are blocking, and even then you take quite a bit of damage. Luckily there was that Drake Valley bonfire nearby.

Smough and Ornstein were kinda difficult. I died three times against them on NG+. But only because I was going for Ornstein's armor set instead of Smough's.

Most enemies and bosses are easy once you hit the Endurance level cap. It stopped raising my equipment weight cap around two thirds of the way there though.

Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:09 am

Stamina bar stops at 40 aswell.

Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:28 am

Harzipan wrote:
It was due to my lack of decent armor and health that I lost. It was able to 1-hit kill me. My offensive weapon, the Black Knight Halberd, was able to take off some decent health from it.

I actually didn't get hit that entire fight, I consider the gaping dragon the second easiest boss of the game. Moonlight butterfly is no.1 and the asylum demon doesn't count.

I had inordinate amounts of trouble with Great Wolf Sif and Ceaseless Discharge for some reason.

Sat Apr 14, 2012 6:10 pm
Reply to topic   [ 111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next