View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:47 pm

Reply to topic  [ 111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Dark Souls 
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

Post Re: Dark Souls
Told ya. People can and will tear this apart, then put it back together in working condition.

Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:53 pm

So, I played about 5 hours today (with the resolution fix of course).
I killed the Undead Drake, probably about 20 Blighttown clubmen, a few ghosts and a lot of skeletons.

Only then, when I think "cor blimey, this game isn't half hard, what with it's pseudo-invincible enemies, regenning enemies and poison spitting enemies", do I realise a ramp is up the side of the main hub. A glorious ramp, to a land of enemies that telegraph their attacks enormously, a land where enemies go down in a few hits of my divine sword, a land where cheap tactics are not used by the enemy.
The area I should have been 4 hours ago.
At least I now have a divine sword, a 100% melee block shield and some mild parry skills.

Orange soapstone signs are the best. Found the Bottomless Box vendor through one, and another warned me of firebomb snipers.

Aside from the normal "getting into it" stage, had no problems with the controls, or much of the port for that matter. Took a while to pick up that Insert and Delete were X and Y, but the only control I swapped was Tab to 2hand and Alt to Parry.
Turning the Camera Sensitivity down to 1 made it much easier to use/smoother.

Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:26 pm

You went down to the dragon bridge first instead of heading to the castle? I didn't think that was possible. Congratulations on killing the undead drake with the weapons you had.

Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:17 am

Harzipan wrote:
You went down to the dragon bridge first instead of heading to the castle? I didn't think that was possible. Congratulations on killing the undead drake with the weapons you had.

I did that too actually, well I killed the Drake before the Taurus demon at least.

Sat Aug 25, 2012 1:05 am

There is a back door you can open with the Master Key, right at the bottom of the elevator in New L Ruins.
It's the same place I fought the same three club-men at.
Tried going into Blighttown, managed to kill some tentacle beast thing and a few wasps, but then a blowdarter got me Toxic'd... I guess I need poison/toxic resist gear or something? It stacked up a treat.

I took out the Undead Drake with the Winged Spear, just poking its hand between gas breaths.

Sat Aug 25, 2012 1:18 am

The blowdarters? You just need to either survive the poison via Estus, kill them preemptively, or have a healing spell.

Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:12 am

I don't think it matters which bell you go to first.

Whether it be Quelaag or the Chapel first.

I'm a bit rattled Steam didn't decide to make a huge header on their store page when the game was released. Did they think it wasn't popular enough and wasn't going to get as much sales as it did?

Sat Aug 25, 2012 4:34 am

It was on the games panel for about two months before it was released. I believe that that qualifies as a big enough announcement.

Sat Aug 25, 2012 5:02 am

Out of curiostiy, whats the time you guys got clocked so far?

I've played it on a couple of machines but I think I got about 240 hours on my PS3 account.

Sat Aug 25, 2012 5:44 am

My 360 is at around 300. I'll check exactly how much tomorrow. iirc, I'm on NG+++, SL 200-ish. I spent many hours killing the forest protectors in Darkroot Garden, and ended up with a bit too many. After around SL 100, I just stuck myself down outside the Abyss and let BPs invade my world. Each of them had around, I don't know, between 20-40k souls on them, and I seemed to be the only person they were able to invade.

And wow. Artorias looks hardcore. I really hope that his armor is some form of high level loot that I can use to replace my Smough set.

And when you do eventually get to the new area, try to keep spoilers to a minimum. I heard that it was more story-driven then most of the others.

Sat Aug 25, 2012 6:16 am

I believe the way to Oolacile is open as soon as you get the lordvessel.

Also they have announced that you can obtain Artorias' armor.

Sat Aug 25, 2012 7:35 am

Double post, but I think it's worth the notice.

First game breaking bug I've seem to have encountered. As soon as a I beat Ornstein and Smough I go up to get the lord vessel, big boobed lady stops talking and I'm stuck with a message telling me "You have obtained the lord vessel, blah blah blah". But the message wouldn't go away, so I decide to just close the game and boot it back up to find out my save file is corrupt and can't be loaded.

DEAR GOD WHY

I don't know if anyone else has encountered this yet, I looked online and nothing relating to this seemed to show.

Anyhow, due to the sheer amount of frustration and rage induced aneurysms. I don't think I'll be playing this again any time soon.

Sat Aug 25, 2012 4:06 pm

Just play it. It's always worth it.

Sat Aug 25, 2012 5:30 pm

That really sucks. Hopefully they'll fix it up as soon as they can, if they know about it.

Sat Aug 25, 2012 6:11 pm

I'll start a new file and see if I can reproduce it, if it happens again then It's either something on my end or the release is bugged.

I'm assuming it might be the former though since it seems nobody else has had the problem (And there were a lot of soul signs in Anor Londo so I highly doubt its because no one has gotten there yet).

Sat Aug 25, 2012 7:25 pm
Reply to topic   [ 111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next