View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:34 am

Reply to topic  [ 702 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47  Next
 World of TANKS 

Post Re: World of TANKS
Image[

Exactly what is the multiplier for XP in a draw? 'Cause it must be ridiculously low...

Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:05 pm

Tried the new Patch.
SPGs feel kinda TOO nerfed, i mean, they cant turn faster than usual...

Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:56 pm

There is no XP multiplier in a draw, it's the same as a loss, nothing
Winning is 150% XP and 185% credits

Forgot that the new patch was coming out today
I'll download it tonight

Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:09 pm

Jesus, it's not as though arty was easy before, but it's ♥♥♥♥ now.
Arty is harder to play that pretty much anything else, they should be getting a buff...

Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:40 am

Doesn't matter, as soon as War thunders tanks comes out WoT will hopefully die right after.

Thu Jun 20, 2013 5:20 pm

Azakan wrote:
Doesn't matter, as soon as War thunders tanks comes out WoT will hopefully die right after.

WoT won't die the same way WoW didn't die when "better" MMORPGs came out.

From what I've researched Gaijin doesn't have that much experience with tank combat, the closest I could find would be some racing games as well some action-adventure games such as X-Blades (which received average to negative reviews) and Blades of Time (which has some average reviews). WoT's team simply has much more experience with this sort of thing. Same thing is happening with WoWP vs WT, only flipped. Gaijin has a bunch of air combat/sim games while WG's team is still learning, and their games reflect that.

Another point is that if WT's tanks are too similar in gameplay to WoT's, many players won't abandon their tier 8+ tanks to start all over at tier 1 in a brand-new game with nothing different, no matter how good it is. They've invested too much time and/or money into WoT and have commitments to their clans and such, the same way players didn't leave WoW for brand new MMOs. Gaijin's best bet is to make their tank gameplay completely different from WoT's, such as large maps and many players.

Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:54 pm

Wargaming doesn't really have the experience either, all they've made is strategy games, one WWII the rest futuristic. At least Gaijin has made several WWII flight games, even if they're all basically the same thing.
Not to mention

Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:50 pm

WalkableBuffalo wrote:
Wargaming doesn't really have the experience either, all they've made is strategy games, one WWII the rest futuristic. At least Gaijin has made several WWII flight games, even if they're all basically the same thing.

Wargaming still has 3+ years to refine WoT, which Gaijin doesn't have. Unless WT's tanks are a huge improvement over WoT, (no matter how much you wank WT, this is not likely) the advantage lies with Wargaming unless Gaijin makes their game completely different.

In any case, both are F2P, which means the only ones to benefit from this will be us, the players.

Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:33 am

If they do half as good within the first year, follow the current game-model AND don't use hitpoints, they are bound to be better then WG.

Fri Jun 21, 2013 5:45 pm

Imagine if Gaijin employs the Firefly before Wargaming
Riots will ensue

Fri Jun 21, 2013 6:50 pm

Woo they nerfed everything, now i'll actually have more fun (srsly) and people will aim more. And the accuracy buff is nice, especially for arties (nerfing their pen isn't really a nerf, what tanks have roof armor?).

Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:53 pm

The only things they nerfed were arguably arty and HEAT rounds. Because everything is now more accurate, in order for arty to have the same shot dispersion as before they increased the aim circle. Armor is also now more effective. Spaced armor will kill any HEAT or HE rounds. Camo has been redone so everyone has an increase for that.

Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:41 pm

I still don't see why they destroyed arty traverse and made their reload so slow, now they have no chance against those annoying little T-50 gits who rush arty while the team does nothing.

Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:02 am

Major wrote:
I still don't see why they destroyed arty traverse and made their reload so slow, now they have no chance against those annoying little T-50 gits who rush arty while the team does nothing.

I think that was the point, make mediums and lights more effective against arty while heavies, tds, or anyone stupid enough to stay still get destroyed.

Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:00 pm

:roll:

EDIT: Pz III/IV is my waifoo btw, got 100% and some equipment on it now.

Sat Jun 29, 2013 11:46 pm
Reply to topic   [ 702 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47  Next