View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:29 am

Reply to topic  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Halo 4 
A HUMAN BRAIN, SAFELY INSULATED FROM THE TERRORS OF HYPERSPACE

Location: Somewhere beyond the endless sea of hyperspace, fighting for your right to call a planet home.
Post Halo 4
"According to 343, Halo 4 will add customizable loadouts and abilities that are unlocked through a progression system."

lolwut

In accordance with my own rule for forum gaming I am now retroactively editing this thread to feature more information to show you guys an average thread, since I am actually really not liking Halo 4 so far and I made this thread as a joke.

These are the confirmed tidbits of information concerning Halo 4.

WARNING: Large images under spoiler.

Sorry for the obnoxious narrated videos, every dummy on youtube wants to get famous throwing their nasally voices over Halo 4 gameplay and I can't seem to find the originals.

That about wraps it up for my take on Call of Halofield 4: Modern Battle Ops in SPAAAAACCCEEEEE. Feel free to discuss and/or shame 343i for the next addition in the Call of Duty Battlefield Halo series.

Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:58 pm

Post Re: Halo 4
"Halo"

Nope. Somewhat interested in where the story is going, but not enough to buy the game purely for that reason. And I don't have a console anyways.

Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:51 pm

I'll probably play it with a friend, like the previous ones.

Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:34 pm

Dauss wrote:
"According to 343, Halo 4 will add customizable loadouts and abilities that are unlocked through a progression system."

Sounds original.

Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:38 am

Coops9753 wrote:
Dauss wrote:

Sounds original.

Yeah I'm a big fan of Halo so I'm pretty pissed the M$ decided to just ape CoD(which I don't really enjoy) instead of making a proper game.

Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:36 am
Loose Canon

I love the Halo universe. Eric Nylund made the best damn books I've ever read, and the whole thing seems pretty damn cool to me.
The games on the other hand, get just a "meh".

Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:41 am
Profile WWW

*shudder*
I mourned my loss when the announced Reach was going to be the last Halo game, and then they make this FILTH!
343 is nothing but an empty husk of what Bungie was to halo, they won't make a good halo game, they never will and nor do I want them to. Personally I think the end of Halo 3 was perfect, there was no need in the slightest to make another game other than of of pure greed. They changed his armor too, why? Just to ♥♥♥♥ with us, that's why. DAMN YOU 343 INDUSTRIES!!!

Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:54 am

Fail Flail wrote:
*shudder*
I mourned my loss when the announced Reach was going to be the last Halo game, and then they make this FILTH!
343 is nothing but an empty husk of what Bungie was to halo, they won't make a good halo game, they never will and nor do I want them to. Personally I think the end of Halo 3 was perfect, there was no need in the slightest to make another game other than of of pure greed. They changed his armor too, why? Just to ♥♥♥♥ with us, that's why. DAMN YOU 343 INDUSTRIES!!!

SURELY THIS WILL BE THE LAST HA-- oh yeah it's a trilogy, maybe we will be treated to another trilogy after this?

Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:43 am

111herbert111 wrote:
Fail Flail wrote:
*shudder*

SURELY THIS WILL BE THE LAST HA-- oh yeah it's a trilogy, maybe we will be treated to another trilogy after this?

The trilogy of trilogies.

Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:31 pm

Fail Flail wrote:
*shudder*

You have summed up my thoughts perfectly good sir.

Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:04 pm

If people show interest in buying it, then they're going to make it. It's as simple as that.

Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:20 pm

I'm a massive halo fan and I'm putting money on this being bad. I'll prolly buy it anyways.

Things that have been confirmed that are notable:

Everyone can sprint (armor abilities seem to be gone)
Instant respawns in slayer
firefight is gone, replaced by what seems to be a mission-based coop (TOTALLY NOT SPECOPS)

also it seems the damage system is getting swapped from a object based ballistic system to hitscan.
There's talk of weapon attachments as well, indicated by the loadouts speech.
From the trailer, looks like they're going to add a rifle grenade to the pistol?

TLDR call of duty in space. Guess which series holds three of the five top played games on XBL right now. It's understandable that they're trying to cash in. If I were them I totally would too. The problem I see here is that nobody wins. Halo fans won't have their halo, and call of duty fans have call of duty.

So yeah, there's that. Not much to argue about, seeing as it's going to be released either way.

Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:25 pm
Profile WWW
A HUMAN BRAIN, SAFELY INSULATED FROM THE TERRORS OF HYPERSPACE

Location: Somewhere beyond the endless sea of hyperspace, fighting for your right to call a planet home.
Armor abilities are confirmed IN. No armor lock, but jetpack, hologram, active camo, and 'forerunner vision' are confirmed in.

Click here for more confirmed bits and pieces.

Bloom is out. I hope the MLG kiddies are happy, because I'm not.

EDIT: Also it will be released November 6th 2012. As someone who played Halo from CE to Reach and everything in between, I'm sure I'll end up playing it, but I'm pretty pissed that 343 decided to cop out and emulate BF3 and MW3 and introduce an unlock system that affects core gameplay. Reach, in my opinion, had the perfect unlock system. The more you played, the more purely aesthetic options you had at your disposal. Not one item you could buy in the armory affected the game beyond what you wanted to look like.

Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:02 pm

Dauss wrote:
Reach, in my opinion, had the perfect unlock system. The more you played, the more purely aesthetic options you had at your disposal. Not one item you could buy in the armory affected the game beyond what you wanted to look like.

This.

One reason I liked halo more that COD or MW3 (lolz) Is because all players are equal, they start with all the same equipment and what happens after that is completely dependent on knowlage and skill.

Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:08 pm

unwoundpath wrote:

One reason I liked halo more tha[n] COD or MW3 (lolz) Is because all players are equal, they start with all the same equipment and what happens after that is completely dependent on knowlage and skill.

I made this exact point on another forum, additionally, the random weapons drops mean any dumb nooblet can get a random energy sword, reducing the value of knowing a map to having the best camping spots.

Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:29 am
Reply to topic   [ 60 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next