View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:10 pm

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 NEW RULE CONCERNING GAMING SUBFORUM 
A HUMAN BRAIN, SAFELY INSULATED FROM THE TERRORS OF HYPERSPACE

Location: Somewhere beyond the endless sea of hyperspace, fighting for your right to call a planet home.
Post NEW RULE CONCERNING GAMING SUBFORUM
Alright so here's the deal: Myself and a few of the other staff members have had it with quick, dirty, sans info Gaming threads. I've been chewing people out all week for this but after further investigation I came to the shocking conclusion that this was the norm in here. As of my posting this thread, that will no longer be the case.

In black and white (and green) terms, that means this:

Any thread in Gaming which features no information concerning the topic, beyond a link to the webpage of the game itself and asking 'Does anyone else play this?' will be met with moderator action. Depending on the mood of the staff member coming across said thread, that could mean a kindly edit (if the mod in question wants to go to the trouble of writing your post for you) or a juicy little ban.

I will take it upon myself to patrol Gaming for a week or two to ensure this rule takes hold. Those who know my moderating style will realize this could result in anything between a feather tickle and a brick shithouse coming down on you, depending on how I feel that day.

OF SPECIAL NOTE: What does and does not constitute 'Enough Information' is at moderator discretion.

So, tips on posting a good thread in Gaming:

THIS is a good example of a proper thread (I'm so vain for picking my own thread). It features a large screenshot which immediately shows the reader what they are in for concerning that particular game, a link to further resources concerning the game, a brief synopsis of the game, and finally a (no longer updated) list of players from the forum.

Now, that's a GOOD thread, but it could be better! Feel free to throw in youtube links of gameplay, trailers, and other neato tidbits. The more information you provide for your game, the better your thread will be.

And if you can't be bothered to go to all this trouble just to write a good thread about a game, then don't! Wait for someone more passionate about that subject to tackle it instead. The best gaming threads are the ones done by people who really enjoy the games they are talking about. If you're not willing to write that much content, you're better off not doing it at all.

Now, if there's any questions I'm obviously prepared to answer them. In this thread. I get enough PMs from lucariokiller already, I don't need my email to blow up twice over.

P.S: Concerning threads before this message, we'll let those slide, but if you'd like to retrofit your threads with content, that'd be just super.

Fri May 04, 2012 6:40 am
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]