View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:46 pm

Reply to topic  [ 104 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
 A Dwarf Fortress Succession Game 
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Post Re: A Dwarf Fortress Succession Game
Harzipan wrote:
YO CAEK. Updates?

Update is inbound. I shall edit this post when it is done.

26th Felsite, 127, Late Spring
I don't know if I mentioned this before, but the residential area has been completely excavated. Slapping in all that furniture is taking quite a long time... The spoils from the looting of the elven caravan did help, especially the wood. Because why do we have to cut our own wood, when the elves do it for us?

The lumberjacks report that the area in front and immediately surrounding the fortress has been clear cut. No tree's left standing. Not on my watch.

We had a ♥♥♥♥ ton of wood left over, and it was feeling a little cold in the fortress due to the damned surface air, so we chucked a couple dozen tons straight into a wood furnace. Smoky.

27th Felsite, 127, Late Spring

I was walking around the fortress earlier, and one of the dwarves pointed out the layout of one of the areas to me...

He said it was a bad omen. I just think he was been superstitious.

I did, however, have all the beds torn out. Those can be put to better use a few floors up.

28th Felsite, 127, Late Spring...still

I've just moved into my new house. I have not built a mansion, at least, not yet. I am residing in the residential area, along with my fellow dwarves.

I share wall's with some of my good friends. I also had a issue brought to mind...

It would appear that Alphagamer married the man who was destined for execution. As such, I shall no longer have him executed, as long as he is civil and industrious, like every other dwarf. If he breaks that mandate, he will feel the Hammer's blow. I had his name restored, and he was Onget Fikodosram, Pump Operator once more.

On a related note, around eighty five percent of the people in the fortress are married. The fortress is experience a large number of birth's, as you can imagine.

1st Hematite, 127, and it's not Late Spring!

I believe a human trade caravan will arrive soon. That is good. Human's and dwarves are furnace forged allies, unlike dwarves and elves. We have produced many trade goods for when they arrive, and we hope they have done the same.

Izen moved into his home today. He is still unmarried, but with a little grin he asked for a triple wide bed for some reason. As such, we had one installed. Some of the people say he goes round the block, whatever that means...

6th Hematite, 127, Early Summer

Tomaster, the chief medical officer of this fortress, informed me of a man with severe illness. Tin Oddomdak, a stone crafter, is suffering a infection. He had it when he arrived. Tomaster is trying everything to save his life. One dwarf can no longer stand, and is enjoying honourable retirement. We don't eat our wounded.

28th Hematite, 127, Early Summer

Izen's home is finally complete at long last. Much work went into constructing it. It is adorned with statues, most of which of great dwarven hero's and statues of our fallen comrades - Natti, Adrian and Duh. May they rest with Armok.

[i]1st Malachite, 127, Mid Summer
[/i]

From one project to the next! We are renovating the tombs of our fallen comrades. I had a dream last night that the statues of Natti, Adrian and Duh, came to life, and all of the original seven of us were together, in the dining hall, having a enormous feast with oceans of ale! The rest of the dwarves showed up, and started to cheer, and after what felt like hours of drinking and talking, the dream ended.

Now, I must get to work engraving their tombs. And building many statues...

And that was the fortress update. Next one will be a few days, if I have the time.

Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:01 pm
Profile WWW

Any month now... my turn shall come.

Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:15 pm

I have a feeling that my death shall come soon. Not sure why.

The handless dude got married? To one of the named? Pathetic. He shall burn.

Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:57 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Harzipan wrote:
I have a feeling that my death shall come soon. Not sure why.

Elves. That's why. They'll probably do a siege. No matter, we have a mighty gate to keep them outside.
Harzipan wrote:
The handless dude got married? To one of the named? Pathetic. He shall burn.

Indeed. As soon as we find magma. Unless we can cage him and sell him to the humans.

Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:03 pm
Profile WWW

My dorf self seem to be the exact opposite of my actual self.

I'm okay with this.

Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:14 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

As long as you're tall, that's fine.
If you aren't, you CAN BURN IN HELL FOR YOUR LYING SINS.

Sun Jun 24, 2012 7:56 am
Profile WWW
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

1st Malachite, 127, Summer

Remember that massive clear cutting I mentioned before? Well, it seems to have screwed up the ground outside. Oh well.

2nd Malachite, 127, Summer

I've set some dwarves to carve me a manor for myself.

I'm also having the middle chamber set as my tomb. Some people believe the palace will not be constructed for my demise, but we shall see.

4th Malachite, 127, Summer

The miners are reporting some difficulties digging through the solid granite that makes up the entirety of the excavation site, but we shall see. On a related note, we realized we had a absurd amount of uncut gems, which will be safely stored in my vault.

8th Malachite, 127, Summer

A ancient enemy has come again. The wolverines. Izen assembled a few dwarves. Alpha, the woodcutter. Harzin, the farmer, and myself, into the Cobalt Nuts. We sallied forth, no weapons other then the tools of our trades.

Harzin was first in. She sprinted into the battle, tackled the giant wolverine and shattered every tooth in its mouth.

She sat on top of its shocked body and kept beating. Teeth flying in every direction along with a shower of blood. She had beaten the creature to death by herself. We were all too awestruck at what had just happened. Then I remember...She did it before.

Izen and I both agreed. Harzin is to remain a soldier. She is very good at it. Tomaster, the physician, was a bit concerned with the minor nerve damage she had taken, but he said that it was not severed, only damaged.

She stood outside for a minute, looking at his handiwork, before he headed back inside to eat. I gave her a title, afterwards.

Izen and Harzin would work together, and as such would both be part of the Cobalt Nuts, the current standing guard.

At that point, my machine started to act up. The game resolution changed :O and something kept deselecting...Everything. It's hard to explain.

21st Malachite, 127, Summer

We've got trace amounts of metal, and we are setting it to be forged immediately into armour for Harzin. I decided to add the current fortress statistic's for archival purposes.

I am eager for the next batch of immigrants to arrive. They will help us cross more industrial horizons.

And that's the end of the fortress update. I had to stop because something odd was happening to the game.

I honestly expected more people to die to the giant wolverine, but then she came along and punched it in the face scattering its teeth everywhere. She then tore off its feet and beat it to death using its foot.

Sun Jun 24, 2012 3:32 pm
Profile WWW

I AM THE BEST.

Sun Jun 24, 2012 5:09 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Harzin is the official badass of Beermachines. Beating a giant wolverine bare-handed? Wow.

Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:15 pm

Two*

Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:54 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Well guys, I got some bad news.

I lost the backup for the fortress. I had to format my machine due to catastrophic system failure (I basically had no windows directory). Unfortunately, this came out of the blue, and I was completely not ready.

Sorry everyone :(

Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:22 am
Profile WWW
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Welp, that's a bummer, I was enjoying your logs. :(

Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:06 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Well, I guess it's either Adriaan or Foil then, from the save I posted.
Assuming you guys still want to try.

Sun Jul 08, 2012 3:47 pm

I'm still up for it.

Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:31 pm
Reply to topic   [ 104 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7